Clubplanet Nightlife Community

24 Hour Party People

phrankadelic

you are totally right drew. it's NOT for everyone. evident by the 3 or so people that walked out of it. it's a good idea to know a little about the punk scene dating back to the sex pistols, joy division, happy mondays, the buzzcocks, etc.

i personally thought it was hilarious. and the music was great. i want to get the soundtrack myself. definitely brought back a lot of memories.

i've been wanting to see this since it was first released in the UK about a year ago. glad to see it finally get released stateside. doubt many people will get it at all really. the whole madchester scene went pretty much un-noticed over here in the states. the soundtrack is indeed great. i've looked at the tracklist a few times. i passed on the purchase though as i've got most of the tracks on old tapes and vinyl. just curious, did they get into the stone roses and the manchester revival at all, or did they focus purely on the early 80's? i know the mondays made the soundtrack, but, how couldn't they w/ a focus on the hacienda? speaking of the hac, a friend of mine is bringing me over a brick from the old place. fuckin' a! don't worry, i'll sell tickets for the viewing as soon as it arrives. ;)

i saw it friday night up in sunrise. not many people there, and about a third of the audience eventually walked out. i rather enjoyed the first half of the film, especially the running commentary from the protagonist. it was interesting to finally see a punk mockumentary that wasn't fixated on the sex pistols. the rest of the film, which chronicled the hacienda / factory records days, was, for me, much less interesting. overall, it's definitely worth seeing, if only for the "historical" value.

i saw the movies 3 wks ago in hollywood for a sneak preview and thought the movie was great. It completed a puzzle of all the stories ive heard from the era( esp the recording sessions in Barbados). One of my good mates is from Manchester & he raves all the time about the good ol days from that time...