Clubplanet Nightlife Community

3 possible terrorist subjects caught

phrankadelic

on I-75 this morning. it's on all the news stations right now. apparently these guys were driving down, they stopped at a georgia restaurant, and some woman heard them talking about an attack in miami. they were caught in collier county, and bomb sniffing dogs apparently found something. they say maybe they've found triggers for bombs, but possibly no explosives. which means...there might be something planted already. who knows. i dont' know all the details. just thought i'd pass this on.

off of cnn's website:

According to Stone (she's the one that overhead the men), the men appeared to be in their mid-20s and spoke English without accents. She said one of the men had a long beard and wore the type of cap she said she had seen Muslims wear.

"'They think they were sad on 9/11, wait until 9/13,'" Stone said she heard the man with the beard say.

Stone said the men were talking about Miami and had noted that they were running about five hours behind.

She said she heard one of the men ask: "Do you think we have enough to bring it down?"

Another one of the men replied, "If we don't have enough to bring it down, I have contacts and we can get enough to bring it down."

that's pretty f'ed up!!

That's actually really not funny where Club Space is concerned....If a bomb was to go off at Club space on a Saturday night, the number of people that could die could match that of September 11.

Do any of you remember hearing on the news last summer what happened near Pacha nightclub in Tel Aviv? Abourt 20 people died (a lot of them teenage girls), and many were injured. The death toll could have been far greater had the bomb gone off right outside Pacha, or if it were to happene a little later on in the night.

I believe all the big clubs (obviously not just the clubs, but places like malls as well) in Miami should be on high alert this weekend, especially with all the latest reports from CNN. These terrorists are obviously aiming at large crowds, and it would be just too sad to see them carry out their plans.

Originally posted by mikeydny

Exactly.

Yup.

That's exactly why I am second guessing my bday plans for tonight...I mean, I don't want to live my life in fear...and if it were ony me going, then I would go...no doubt (if it's my day to go it's my day to go). The thing is that it's not just me and the last thing that I would want to do is put my bf about 30 other people in danger b/c they went for me u know?:(

Well first of all happy birthday.

If you're that worried about endangering the lives of others you can always do a little house party get together, or go bar hopping.

The risk seems smaller for lounges or even midsized venues like Club Spin. Anyways, you can always avoid the beach , the Grove, and Downtown altogether if it worries you that much, and just find a nice restaurant or bar in the not so obvious places - this is after all South FL we're talking about.

The idea is not to be scared to go out, but to just be more alerted to your sorroundings.

What's really sad is that if Miami is a target this time than so are other big tourist destinations like Vegas and Orlando, and San Francisco. I mean, last year the targets were places of historic and cultural significance (the twin towers, the pentagon, and the white house), and this time we don't really know yet what type of places the tousits are targetting.

Let's just hope there will be more people like that waitress in Georgia, and that the police will be able to prevent any tragedy in time.

Originally posted by CHRles

Well first of all happy birthday.

If you're that worried about endangering the lives of others you can always do a little house party get together, or go bar hopping.

The risk seems smaller for lounges or even midsized venues like Club Spin. Anyways, you can always avoid the beach , the Grove, and Downtown altogether if it worries you that much, and just find a nice restaurant or bar in the not so obvious places - this is after all South FL we're talking about.

The idea is not to be scared to go out, but to just be more alerted to your sorroundings.

Thank you CHRles;) :D I'm taking all these things into consideration...trust me! I'd love to go out and party, but what fun is it when all your good friends are scared/worried to go out u know? We'll see what happens though! Trying to stay optimistic that they'll come out with some more info soon that'll let us go out worry free:)

you guys are right. I'm packin' up and headed for my bomb shelter till this whole thing blows over. I'll pack heavy in case I have to be there for the next ten years..

I know this is a serious issue. but I'm not gonna let my life be tampered with becuz of certain threats. I'll walk cautiously, but what I wont do, is live in fear...

God set a time for us to go. When my time comes, I will go.

btw, the space comment was meant to be a joke.. seems you can't say anything on this board without someone analyzing it a certain way.

Shed some light on the whole thing, cheer up. It's no wonder why our nation leads the world in head cases (mental health issues). yet, we have soo much more than many other nations...

First, I'll bet its 50/50 that this all turns out to be a misunderstanding and not a terrorist plot.

Second, even if it is, those not caught will be scrambling like mad trying to save their asses, because they will assume that their "friends" talked. (at least they will if they have one iota of training)

so, either way.... Im one safe and happy little camper at Spin tonight.

I would have a better chance of getting messed up at home and falling asleep with a cig in my hand thus burning my house down :)

1st of all Happy Birthday Sunny :party::bday:

2ndly - the further away i an from Turkey Point the safer i will be...cum on now why am i gonna live in fear because some muslem freaks (no offence) want to take matters into their own hands !!!!!!! HELL NO i will be at STATIC X if any one is looking!!!

all this security and a waitress is the one that ends up saving our asses:D :D you make a very good point