Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sound Factory 9/14-15 Review

zeeker

so, last night I broke my SF saturday with JP cherry. All I can say is wow. I was so skeptical about going. All I heard was people bitch about the lack of girls, the overwhelming gay crowd, JP mixing single songs for an hour, extreme drug usage, etc...

First, the girl/guy ratio was pretty much 50/50. It didn't hurt that they were all hot as hell too.

The gay crowd was noticable but barely. Wasn't too concerned about it to begin with.

Last night was my first time hearing JP live and honestly, he's not my preference. I mean, I went absolutely nuts when he dropped the expected SF anthems, In Your Eyes, Reina's joint, etc...Place fucking blew up for both songs. That was definitely a cool thing to be a part of. Other than those songs though, I just couldn't get too into it.

Drugs...obviously present, but no more or less than any of the other big clubs in the city. I saw a few nasty situations resulting from people over-indulging, but you know what, people are gonna do what they want to do. I'd be lying if I said that i went the sober route last night.

My only regret is not giving this place a chance before. Totally exceeded all my expectations, even though the music wasn't exactly my taste, the crowd's energy, rediculous girls, etc.. all made up for it. Met a ton of cool people, everyone was friendly as hell. The crowd was just so into the music the whole night, even at like 12 when we were leaving. Definitely a party I'm gonna check out again soon. Maybe the S&M party next week, who knows...

~`~great night!...the new remix of "in ur eyes" was insane!!! i was waiting for gay/straight but while i was there from 5:30-12 he didnt drop it:(...........def more guys at around 7 the ratio was about 30-70 not that IM complaining :tongue: ..............gay ppl are cool so i dont care about that...........overall a great night!!!!:shades2:

yeah man, one of my more memorable nights in a club so far...

The last time I was at Spa was on a Tuesday for their hip/hop party. I'm not even into hip/hop clubs and I had a very cool night. Crowd is about as attractive as you'll find in NY. About 6 months ago I actually saw P. Diddy come in as we were leaving one night....not that thats a selling point or anything. But, it's def a cool place to go with a group of friends. Expensive as hell though.

Factory was def. great last night. Had my usual blast. Ive noticed that JP is better from like 5-10 and then 1-whenever.

All i have to say is...2:?? til close, Oscar G's - Dark Beat...Over and Over and Over, till the lights came on. Sick fucking closing.

Was anyone else upstairs when that kid was running around screaming "YOOOOO.........YOOOoooooo" Damn that G! lol I dunno..it was def. a pretty funny sight.

glad to hear ya liked!!!

i had a fucking blast as usual!!! ya know for as many times i have been there (countless) i always have a great time... never ever does it seem like a weekend is repeating.. its new everytime!!! just love the place...

and just hope that the girl makes it out ok... girl seemed to be dead as we were leavin they carried her out all of a sudden they given her mouth to mouth then i guess she started breathing again so they took her to other side of road when cops were finally called and they got an ambulance...

Last night was amazing. It was my first time at Sound Factory in 3 years. Now im not into big mega clubs anymore, so I was a little hesitant about going , but it was 3:00am in Jersey and me and my friends were all banged up in hoboken so we said fuck it. Girls were hot as hell and plenty of them. Most of them were out for guys as much as guys were out for them. JP was off the hook, not once in the time I was there did he make me not want to dance. A very memorable nite!

I haven't gone to SF since, Nov.

The last time I remember JP was playing alot better then he was spinning last night.

I was a little disappointed by all the music. Maybe my taste in music has change. I was down in the basement for a while listening to cleveland rip it up for a while. I would never thought I would heard.. rap/hip hop down there in its true form.. i think that was the highlight of the night... then he started playing that song for "came to jamaica and will be alright" that was the end of my night....

I was upset by the performance, but never the less I glad I went back to see thing for myself in its real form.

Hi benny, it was nice to FINALLY meet you. "wink"

Have fun next weekend S&M..

-T

Yeah, I was there too.

It was my first time there since December.

I got there waaaaay too early, like 1:30.

I busted my best friend's SF Saturday cherry.

It was the only way to get him to go, by going early.

Now he knows how different it is at 5 AM then at 1:30 AM, so next time we'll go later and stay later.

I left waaaay too early too, like 6 AM.

But we'll definately be there again soon.

I don't think I'm gonna go to the S&M party though.

It gets way too packed at the special events.

One thing that I was surprised about was that they lowered the cover back down to $20.

Last year, it was $30 and $40 for special events.

How much will it be for S&M?

Peace,

were anyone else's ears ringing like crazy when they got out of SF this morning. Shit, mine are still ringing. Is SF considered to have a good sound system? I don't pretend to know a thing about club sound systems but that is the first time I can remember having that problem coming out of a club.

Originally posted by zeeker

were anyone else's ears ringing like crazy when they got out of SF this morning. Shit, mine are still ringing. Is SF considered to have a good sound system? I don't pretend to know a thing about club sound systems but that is the first time I can remember having that problem coming out of a club.

ah yes, the "factory sound" when ur outta the club. I love it no matter if its bad for my ears or not.

I went Sat. for the first time since spring. Same ol JP........could have been much better and kept me standing around a lot waiting....sometimes for nothing but filler and fizzle.....why does he do that? I mean he had his moments and had the crowd moving AT TIMES.......but then he'll just loop the shit out of a track and just go off into boring tangents. Overall I had a great time though........will always like SF for what it is........and Cleveland always does it PROPER which was nice to hear again. I thought the few gays I saw was a welcoming sight. That place could use more variety rather than the typical SF clone! I won't go near any theme party........last night was more than packed enought for me. Next stop DT........can't wait for his return from Spain. Looking forward to dancing NONSTOP without any FILLER!!!!!