Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone ever get scammed on ebay ?

SOme guy in Cali was selling a $100 college text book I needed for $15 on ebay

He said he'll send it right away priority mail -So I took the offer and sent him a money order ( SToooopid Me ) !

And ever since I emailed him saying I sent the money he hasn't emailed me back ! Zero response !

Now I gotta go intercept this mail ..Wish me luck !

Some peeps are such fuckin losers ! lol - If I was gonna scam someone it would be more than $ 14.95 ! He must have low scamming standards

shit, $15? My freshman year me and one of my friends thought it would be a good ID to make and sell fake ID's. So we went online and found an awesome printer that actually prints using metallic ink (good way to simulate a NJ hologram). Turned out the printer was discontinued, so we ended up looking on Ebay. Found a guy selling one 'in great condition' and sent the douche bag close to $600. Got the printer like a week later and the fucking thing didn't work...at all. Expectedly, the guy blamed it on me etc, said that I must have broke it, all that shit. Refused to give me my money back. I was pissed as hell because it's not like I could turn to my parents (my dad is a lawyer) for help, seeing as the printer's purpose was to make fake IDs. What I ended up doing was writing the guy a very formal sounding, but at the same time threatening letter through the mail informing him of my hiring a lawyer to deal with situation. I threw in some legal terms and made it sound really official etc...got my money back about a week later. last time I ever tried to buy something on Ebay

Originally posted by dolcemimi

He said he'll send it right away priority mail -So I took the offer and sent him a money order ( SToooopid Me ) !

And ever since I emailed him saying I sent the money he hasn't emailed me back ! Zero response !

Some peeps are such fuckin losers ! lol - If I was gonna scam someone it would be more than $ 14.95 ! He must have low scamming standards

go to where you can get his information and his phone number will be listed and then you should call him..

depends on how long ago you sent him the $$. I've had some ppl that i bought shit from go on vacation after an auction closed. I sent my money, got all pissed 2 weeks later when none of my emails got answered and i didnt have what i ordered- then like another week or 2 later it shows up at athe door....

I've got probably about 25 or so things off ebay, and every one of them has eventually shown up...check the guys feedback rating...that should give you a clue as to how much you should start worrying...

later

bern

how long ago did you send him the MO? if you think you're getting sheisted, go to the place where you got the MO and depending on the place, if you have your receipt (the slip from the MO with its serial number) you can send a stop on it.

Originally posted by zeeker

shit, $15? My freshman year me and one of my friends thought it would be a good ID to make and sell fake ID's. So we went online and found an awesome printer that actually prints using metallic ink (good way to simulate a NJ hologram). Turned out the printer was discontinued, so we ended up looking on Ebay. Found a guy selling one 'in great condition' and sent the douche bag close to $600. Got the printer like a week later and the fucking thing didn't work...at all. Expectedly, the guy blamed it on me etc, said that I must have broke it, all that shit. Refused to give me my money back. I was pissed as hell because it's not like I could turn to my parents (my dad is a lawyer) for help, seeing as the printer's purpose was to make fake IDs. What I ended up doing was writing the guy a very formal sounding, but at the same time threatening letter through the mail informing him of my hiring a lawyer to deal with situation. I threw in some legal terms and made it sound really official etc...got my money back about a week later. last time I ever tried to buy something on Ebay

Let this be a lesson to you kids.....CRIME DOESNT PAY....;):D

QUICK QUESTION ... DID YOU USE A POSTAL MONEY ORDER TO PURCHASE THE ITEM. I ALWAYS USE A POSTAL MONEY ORDER. WHEN A SELLER TRIED TO HOLD BACK ON AN ITEM I WENT TO THE POST OFFICE AND EXPLAINED WHAT HAPPENED. AND ALSO EXPLAINED THAT IT IS CONSIDERED A FEDERAL OFFENCE TO CASH A POSTAL MONEY ORDER FRAUDULANTLY ( DONT KNOW IF I SPELLED THAT CORRECTLY ) ANYWAY BEING THAT THROUGH EBAY YOU ARE IN A BOUND CONTRACT AND IF YOU SEND A POSTAL MONEY ORDER AND THE SELLER CASHES THAT MONEY ORDER WITHOUT FOLLOWING THROUGH ON THERE END OF THE CONTRACT IT IS CONSIDERED A FEDERAL OFFENCE AND IT IS POSSIBLE TO TAKE LEGAL ACTION SO YOU MIGHT WANT TO BRING THAT UP TO THE SELLER. WHEN I THREATENED THE SELLER TELLING THEM ABOUT THE CONSIQUENCES OF A FEDERAL OFFENCE I RECEIVED THE ITEM EXACTLY 7 DAYS FROM MY THREAT... HOPEFULLY YOU USED A POSTAL MONEY ORDER... AND IF YOU DIDN'T ALWAYS USE THEM IN THE FUTURE...

I sent the postal money order yesterday - today I called up Cali where it's supposed to be sent and told them to recall my mail.

Hopefully - they'll send it back to me. :)

THANKS ALL FOR CARING !!

Oh yea - the loser only has a P.O box address ...and I can't get any info on him .

When he shows up to pick up my money order - he'll be in for a surprise !

MAIL RECALL ! Form 1059 !

you said it was sent to a P.O Box, you can get their personal information very easily, especially since it was being used for business (online transaction). Just call the P.O. and request the box number info, either this person used his real ID to open the box and you find out who he is, otherwise if he gave fake info, the P.O takes it very seriously and investigates as a federal offense.

Use paypal next time, the buyer is more protected then the seller.