Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What WERE the best club nights in NY?

starshaped- i think jaysea covered most of the memorable parties:

Disco2000- Wednesday nights at Limelight were the epidemy of debauchery.

Club USA - Saturday Nights

SAVE the Robots- afterhours

OCTAGON- afterhours

Junior Vasquez at the original Sound Factory / ARENA / Tunnel / and some nights at Twilo - simply amazing what junior did musically at these parties.

Cafe con Leche - Sundays at Expo - Great Latin House

assorted outlaw parties and after after hours clubs (Body Heat, the Breakfast Club)

BTW- Comparing Roxy Saturdays to Twilo Saturdays is like comparing apples to oranges.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by danwilson

Xpander, I never said Sasha and Digweed played hard house. They play Trance with some progressive house.

Sasha & Digweed played (at one point in time and now) some Trance and progressive house.

Gatecrasher DJs played Hardhouse/trance.

Twilo played exactly what they play at Gatecrasher.

*SMACK*

xpander, Gatecrasher has alot of UK hard house DJs. The DJs Twilo is most known for on Friday, were Sasha, Digweed and PVD. What type of music do they play. Duh

NO UK HARDHOUSE HAS EVER BEEN PLAYED IN GATECRASHER!!!!!

Sorry,just wanted to clear that up:D

lmao...

dan u'r missing the point

xpander knows what these dj's play

he's just pointing out that you stated that twilo and gatecrasher played the same music, and that gatecrasher was hard uk house.

so, u've heard people point out that gatecrasher isn't hard uk house, and even if it was, by your own words s & d and pvd don't play it.

lets just leave it as being a bad comparison and move on.

just read back over the thread :aright:

barvybe, I agree Gatecrasher mainly plays trance, but once in awhile, they'll get Ann Savage, Fergie and Mauro Picotto there. Picotto will be there in a couple of weeks. I guess i'm talking about Twilo when I was there. I only went, when Sasha Digweed and PVD were there. Thats when Twilo was insane, when those DJs were there.

Just to set the record straight,Anne Savage has never played at Gatecrasher cos NO UK HARDHOUSE HAS EVER BEEN PLAYED IN GATECRASHER!!!,Fergie has played once before last year but he hasn't played UK hardhouse for over two years now,Mauro Picotto is a completly different sound to Gatecrasher and that is why when he plays he do's 6hr sets and they dedicate the whole night to him and one of his label mates,plus he plays techno anyway.

As Barvybe said just leave it as a bad comparison cos to be honest i don't even know what your original point was,but i do know you have no concept of what UK hardhouse is and you have no clue about Gatecrasher.I bet you even think it's always been in London.

That is all.:D

The first NY club I went to was Limelight in 1994.

I became a regular and eventually promoted for Peter Gatien at all of his clubs. No club will EVER compare to Limelight in '94 and '95.

If you guys who go to Vinyl to see DT every week think he tears it up there, you should have heard him at Tunnel in '96, back when Vin Diesel used to be a bouncer there.

"Welcome To The Club!! I am Your DJ" (Elements 1996)

DT used to RIIIP that song like 10 times a night and it never got old.

Club USA with the slide and Tunnel when they used to have a half pipe and video games.

Roxy with DJ Boris in '98.

Back to Limelight...

I was literally there EVERY night from Wed-Saturday.

Disco 2000 on Wednesday nights were the shit.

Richie Rich and the Hot Body Contest.

If you don't know what the Hot Body Contest is, basically anyone can go up on the stage and get nekked and do crazy shit and the person who does the craziest shit gets $500.

Some of my favorite winners were:

The girl who stuck a lolipop up her pu$$y and gave it to the kid standing in front of me, he licked it, gave it back to her, she stuck it in her ass, then she handed it back to him and HE ATE IT!!

The guy who gave himself a champagne enima and sprayed the crowd!! (thank God I wasn't standing in the front THAT time)

The guy who lifted cinder blocks with his Prince Albert piercing.

Damn, I can't think of any more.

Jaysea, or any other oldskool LL heads, share your favorite Hot Body Contest stories.

And for those of you who don't know, there's a movie coming out about Limelight and Michael Alig and Angel starring Micauley Caulkin as Michael.

Angel was a friend of mine and he stayed at my house a few days before he died and I saw him at Limelight the night before he died and he told me he and Michael were arguing.

One of my best friends was actually at Michael's apartment while Angel's body was still in the bathtub and he asked Michael to use the bathroom and Michael said it was clogged, not to go in there.

RIP Angel.

Damn, I knew I forgot something.

Blis Fridays @ Palladium were the shit.

Palladium is(was) DEFINATELY the most beautiflul club in NYC.

I know someone posted some pics of Palladium ages ago.

Jaysea, was it you?

Someone please post them again.

The body contest's were great, Remember MS Pussy Cream?

Hahahah

ill never forget the bathroom up-stairs in tunnel, i think i diid so much coke in that room,that you could probally kill a few middle eastern Famillies wit the shit i sniffed up back than, LOL

THE HALF PIPES!! LOL

god i miss limelight.... i miss the party, i miss my freinds,

we should have a Family Reunion of DISCO 2000

everybody who was anybody back than, should come together and party and see what has happened to everyone over the years, lol

i miss 1992.........BEST YEAR EVER!

MIchael is in jail, working on his "own" Version of his movie script,

Angel is dead

Peter has been ass fucked, and everyone else, kinda either

dropped of the face of the earth, or are STILL trying to be

a DownTown SuperStar in an era where these kids just dont care, lol

u gotta love this city.....

will someone please bring BACK SOME FUNKYNESS TO this TIRED AS CLUB SCENE!

LOL:laugh:

Me

damn! tears in my eyes...

jaysea and darrellg - not 100% agreeing with what was my favorite but can't look back on any of that with out feeling good.

i saw that lollipop thing...haha

damn so much shit changes. now with buzz gone in DC we can realize that its not just NYC where stuff gets flipped.