Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Platinum was great except for. . .

bmw4jay

Originally posted by whitecamaro

can i get a werd up!!!!! that man had an attitude like no other...thought he was the man....true he did get the crowd moving for a while but none of those people noticed the trainwreck that was going on in the booth...and for him to tell us to get out of booth and get out of BG's way while he working, correct me if i'm wrong but isnt he our friend?? we were there only for support for BG and his bday so dont tell us where we belong.....oh yea i forgot, we belong at platinum sat nights with Anthony Acid right....that is what he said right.....sorry buddy but you have no idea where we belong. he should really think twice about the comments he makes, cause we are more in the game than he will ever be....such a rookie

big props to BG for rippin it up.....i still cant remember what that other track was that you played and i doubt you will remember either....happy bday kid....see you at SF sunday

Late but...:eek::woah::eek:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by thepulse

artists/djs/producers/record labels, don't get paid off of MP3s, if you are a dj and making money by playing music you don't buy, its wrong

Wait, let me get this straight. you mean to tell me that people who get their music from record pools are cheating/stealing as well??? How about promos from the labels that are GIVEN to DJ'S ????? Please Marshall, tells us how the DJ world works!!!! :blown: :blown: :blown:

Originally posted by cosmicgate22

Wait, let me get this straight. you mean to tell me that people who get their music from record pools are cheating/stealing as well??? How about promos from the labels that are GIVEN to DJ'S ????? Please Marshall, tells us how the DJ world works!!!! :blown: :blown: :blown:

your right man....ive been in a record pool for years and have build up repores with dj's/ producers/ AR's and MP3 Grabbers and i dont care how i get the shit.....If i gotta play it on a f'n 8 Track id do it it was exclsuive and new and a banger.....Mp3 has made djing a more profitable business....I payed the Labels TONS of LOOT and most of it was shit......Imports $11.00 Fuk that...I buy a banger and some new stuff on Vinyl....But MP3 is just payback to the labels for Charging so much for music....and for raping allot of music artists.....

yeah I guess you could say MP3 is a payback for labels overcharging. I personally buy the vinyl at a store if I like the record. I pay dues at a record pool for promos, I also give or sell extra vinyl to other jocks to help get the record out there. Using an occasional MP3 isn't bad, I use them to review new music before I buy it, or if its a record I may only play once. But the guys that use all music that they acquired from MP3 have a distinct advantage over jocks that spend money. I just don't believe its fair for a jock to go into a club and undercut djs because he doesn't buy music. And this is going on all over, especially in NJ, every cat with a computer and a burner thinks he can dj. I'll use vinyl until the day I stop spinning, thats just me. I won't be addressing this issue again, but when the RIAA cracks down on jocks without original music and fines them, don't blame me.

yeah I guess you could say MP3 is a payback for labels overcharging. I personally buy the vinyl at a store if I like the record. I pay dues at a record pool for promos, I also give or sell extra vinyl to other jocks to help get the record out there. Using an occasional MP3 isn't bad, I use them to review new music before I buy it, or if its a record I may only play once. But the guys that use all music that they acquired from MP3 have a distinct advantage over jocks that spend money. I just don't believe its fair for a jock to go into a club and undercut djs because he doesn't buy music. And this is going on all over, especially in NJ, every cat with a computer and a burner thinks he can dj. I'll use vinyl until the day I stop spinning, thats just me. I won't be addressing this issue again, but when the RIAA cracks down on jocks without original music and fines them, don't blame me.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...:bored: So refresh my memory... where've you played in the tri-state area in the past two years?

"Christ you look fucked...HANG TOUGH!" - got that on vinyl mr. sooperdj??

Yeah, yeah, yeah... So refresh my memory... where've you played in the tri-state area in the past two years?

I played saturday afternoon and sunday afternoons summer 2001 at surf club, I believe that falls under your "past 2 years" statement. Other than that, I was in South Beach, West Palm, China CLub in NYC last december and last month. and I did a few other guest spots. Personally I prefer to do guest spots these days, when I find a residency with a crew and club I like, I'll do it.

Let just leave this alone, lets let everyone do their own thing, and leave it at that. Sorry I opened this whole can of worms anyway. as for that record "Christ you look fucked" I don't have it never heard of it, I'll have to look into it, consider your memory refreshed. Maybe you didn't patronize my sets, but just cause I didn't play a club you went to, doesn't mean I wasn't working.

Peace.

Originally posted by saynotodrama

Yeah, yeah, yeah...:bored: So refresh my memory... where've you played in the tri-state area in the past two years?

you sure its not called "HANGING TUFF" by new kids on the block?

Originally posted by saynotodrama

hey hey i told u i was gonna start posting here more. Sat. night was ridiculous i had a blast.

p.s. do u know who this is ?

I'm from CT but I was down in Jersey this weekend visiting my friend who works both as a promoter and resident dj on thursdays at Platinum. I went to the party there on Sat night for my first time and I must say that we don't have any clubs like that at all in CT. I was impressed with the decor, the atmosphere/vibe and especially the music. I have to be at Exit every friday night and after hearing Draper's hard, repeatitive beats ALL NIGHT long, I look foward to going out, relaxing over a few drinks, and chilling out to some nice house/tribal, etc. The club may not have been packed, but hey, i'll definitly be back the next time I'm in Jersey.

Originally posted by ibclubbin

whoa whoa whoa.......I know how you guys feel but I have to say that Gary is one of the nicest, most humble DJ's I have ever met....He is all about getting people going and havin a good time, and it was extremely nice of him to let me get another 15 minutes of fame at the end of the night.....

and chris the other track was Boots with Reina acc ;)

BG

I agree, It must have been a wierd off night because Gary is one of the nicest guys I know and he is allllllllllllllll about partying and having a good time and keeping everyone happy. Stop to think perhpas how many people came up to him and gave him requests or what not.................. You def. had a bad first impression he is a sweetheart......................

I don't hate any other djs, I never heard Tooch, just know what I hear from people. I just don't appreciate when other people are dissing a dj at a competing club, instead of going and supporting their favorite dj at the club he is playing at.

EXCUSE ME...but I believe when you believe everything you hear its called RUMORS and when you pass it along its called GOSSIP. Perhaps jealousy has gotten the best of you, tisk tisk for a man that has so called been djing for 19 years you must be at least 30 so I would say its time to start acting your age.

TOOCH you are the man!!! And I loved your set at Discotheque!

Let just leave this alone, lets let everyone do their own thing, and leave it at that. Sorry I opened this whole can of worms anyway. Maybe you didn't patronize my sets, but just cause I didn't play a club you went to, doesn't mean I wasn't working.

Peace.

You SHOULD be sorry because I think it's fairly safe-to-say that the people you criticize on this messageboard have much more spots than you do lately! And the way you try to go about promoting yourself by putting others down will get you no where. But... I don't know why I should have to be explaining this to you, I though such a "Sooperdj" might already know certain aspects of the business by now... After all....you have been djing for "19 years"???

By the way... I did "patronize" surf club in 2001 (no comment), I was in Miami the past two years and didn't hear a peep about you....Strange... Where were you playing??? If Miami was so good to you ...what brought you back up to these parts??

Hey Marshall Yambag, what about all the tracks that are no longer available on Vinyl??? How does a Dj go about spinning these track yuou fucking toolbag. And don't tell me that the only tracks you spin on MP3 are only unreleased because your a fucking liar, bottom line. You mean to tell me Boris, and Jonathan, and Tenag's, Denny, Sanata, Junior etc, etc are all pieces of shit because they spin mp3's also you fucking herb. Maybe you should learn to keep your pie hole shut before you speak beause all you speak is nonsense. Wow you were rsident at Stingrays in jersey can I fucking shake your hand??? Fucking tool. You must only spin underground clubs because in all honesty I have heard your fucking name at a place that you have spun at in ages. For someone who has been spinning so long you must be doing something wrong because as time goes on we hear less and less of you. Just the way I like it because you come across and a worthless uneducated piece of shit. I hope you career continues on the path it has been on for the most part, on the way down the shitter! Rule number one in this bizz (and I am sure you should know this because you have been around so long) and that is respect the Dj's around you and support them and don't bash them. It will get you further in the long run. But obviously you haven't even followed that rule because you are a has been that actualy was never anything at any point to begin with you. You herb!

personally, vinly or mp3, it's all music.........if i may correct a few of you on the topic of the labels getting payback......don't the labels pay the artist? there is a shortage in good vocal dance music since the napster's and AG's. the labels are taking a beating....there's nothing wrong with downloading music but if something comes out tht you really like, buy it and support the artist. commercial dance music is especially vulnerable because most artists only have one maybe 2 hits if there lucky(not including deb cox/reina). all it takes is one promo to get out and everyone has it in a few days....it's not like rock(metallica) or pop (brittany) because they have a entire cd or album to offer and their respective audiences will buy it reguardless....

when you get into tech, trance, tribal: the songs are harder to trace because, honestly, who knows the name of half of them.. that's the music you have to go to store and do your homework, develope a ear for what may be a hit, plus you gotta buy it..

the moral of the story is this, "nothing is for free, there is always a price to be paid somewhere." for example, does saleen live for free? hell no! he pays good money to live in that trailer park in the florida everglades!

- gary davis is a great guy as is bg

- tempkid is still a punk with large keyboard muscles

- platinum is a nice nightclub

-SORRY ABOUT THE MUSIC SIDETRACK

Originally posted by kirklop

personally, vinly or mp3, it's all music.........if i may correct a few of you on the topic of the labels getting payback......don't the labels pay the artist? there is a shortage in good vocal dance music since the napster's and AG's. the labels are taking a beating....there's nothing wrong with downloading music but if something comes out tht you really like, buy it and support the artist. commercial dance music is especially vulnerable because most artists only have one maybe 2 hits if there lucky(not including deb cox/reina). all it takes is one promo to get out and everyone has it in a few days....it's not like rock(metallica) or pop (brittany) because they have a entire cd or album to offer and their respective audiences will buy it reguardless....

when you get into tech, trance, tribal: the songs are harder to trace because, honestly, who knows the name of half of them.. that's the music you have to go to store and do your homework, develope a ear for what may be a hit, plus you gotta buy it..

the moral of the story is this, "nothing is for free, there is always a price to be paid somewhere." for example, does saleen live for free? hell no! he pays good money to live in that trailer park in the florida everglades!

- gary davis is a great guy as is bg

- tempkid is still a punk with large keyboard muscles

- platinum is a nice nightclub

-SORRY ABOUT THE MUSIC SIDETRACK

Keep it up Kirk and I might take your fucking head and bash it through your turntables.

I'm still waiting to play you 1 0n 1 in some BB sucka.

Oh ya Pulse you sucked 19 years ago

You sucked 9 years ago

You really sucked 3 years ago

You suck today

And you will suck oct 19

But you still spin Vinyl so what do I know.

Originally posted by tempkid

Keep it up Kirk and I might take your fucking head and bash it through your turntables.

I'm still waiting to play you 1 0n 1 in some BB sucka.

Oh ya Pulse you sucked 19 years ago

You sucked 9 years ago

You really sucked 3 years ago

You suck today

And you will suck oct 19

But you still spin Vinyl so what do I know.

HAHAHAHAAHAHA...ow. i think i just hurt myself laughing so hard...:laugh: :laugh: tempkid vs. k-Lo in B-ball. oh my god. i'd PAY some BIG $$$ to see that :laugh: pay-per-view. hahahahhaa. i hope you're talking about that video game thing at the trop...:laugh: :laugh: