Platinum was great except for. . .

bmw4jay

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by thepulse

t I just don't appreciate when other people are dissing a dj at a competing club, instead of going and supporting their favorite dj at the club he is playing at.

I do support the DJs that I like...each and every weekend. Last night was an exception tho...well...except for BG. Wish he was playin all night.

Originally posted by djprime

u are 100% right....sorry i didnt meet u last night....i thought i got shots for everyone....I feel u though..

at least u know whats going on... sorry i wasnt in attendance i was supporting mark at abyss

too many djs with burned music and too few jobs. I get my jobs where I like working, Yes I was resident at SURF club on Saturday afternoons and Sunday afternoons for 4 years, other residencies include China Club, Planet Hoboken, Riverstreet, Hollywood, Chatterbox, Osprey, Stingrays, W6 in South Beach, and numerous other guest spots as well, If you never heard of me, well thats ok, I don't care, I do what I do and I enjoy doing it, and some people like it, thats all I care about, I don't hate any other djs, I never heard Tooch, just know what I hear from people. I just don't appreciate when other people are dissing a dj at a competing club, instead of going and supporting their favorite dj at the club he is playing at. Call me crazy, but if you like your dj so much, go to where he is, don't go to another club and bash another dj and torture yourself by listening to someone you don't like, just my two cents. As for anyone shoving my vinyl up my ass, or anything like that, BRING IT, I got something for ya.

you talk about not hating on other djs or whatever yet u seemed to be hinting around something in ur first post.. maybe u should go back and read what u put

Originally posted by bmw4jay

that clown - ass wannabe no talent DJ Davis G. I mean seriously, who does he think he is? First, he tells me to get outta the booth when one of my good friends is right there. Second, he tells me hes the best DJ Platinum has?? :eek: Whatta busta..seriously. He even had the nerve to tell me that,and I quote "Saturday is more your type of party". Hello...you don't even know me?!!? I went there expecting to have a good time, but witha guy like this being the DJ, the place has no chance. Crowd or not, it makes no difference. When Tooch was up in there, everyone was all about the good times. This guy needs to EARN his place. Anyway, Happy Birthday BG. I had a good time..but its a shame you have guys like this behind the booth. Platinum promoters: Nice #'s there tonite, it was a good time. But without a doubt you lost a few customers because of Davis G putting his nose where it doesnt belong.:rolleyes:

I apologize bmw4jay that we got off on the wrong foot but I think you missed the point. Barry was in the middle of a mix and you were trying to talk to him. I wanted Barry to enjoy himself for his birthday and it looked like you were bothering him. You also said some embarrassing things loud enough for me and a close friend of mine to hear. Not knowing who you were because you never introduced yourself, and the fact that you were embarrassing me in front of my friends made me a little pissed. Then very cocky you say, "do you know who I am". You put me on the defensive. Now that I know your face I'll be sure to extend you a hand of courtesy, but at the time I thought you were another one of these wanna be DJ booth hangers that put people down to make himself look better. As for my music, I never claimed to be the best DJ and the person who knows that best is me. The Friday style caters to a party crowd rather than a hard-core club crowd. That's why I suggested you go to Platinum on a Saturday, because you were very critical of the mixes and song selection. I don't get my play list off of a message board; I get it from the people at the club. The mix of Derb was a favor to Johnny FX and Prime because they produced it and I play a lot of requests.

Once again I apologize that we got our signals crossed and I hope we can meet under better circumstances. By the way I agree that Barry did an unbelievable job. Prime had a great party once again and it was nice to meet Mr.Bean and NOTALLTHERE.

I'm sorry for the violent words:(

I'm not a violent person.

It just sounded like to me, call me crazy but a diss to Tooch and complement to yourself because you do your job a differ way.

I'm sorry I usually don't get worked up like that I'm really a sensitive guy and I would never hurt a thing.

I would never stick anything up your nostrils instead I would break all your fucking teeth you fucking pussy.

You can go take all your so call RES and your 10pm to 12 am slot and go out and enjoy yourself.

The reason I rip you a new asshole is because you always eat your fucking words bitch.

R U not all there or something:confused:

Honest to god, from the first time I ripped you apart 2 summers ago, on this board when you didn't really come out and say it but did when you bashed Denny, saying something about people going to Tempts and not opening there eyes to blablablablabla something like that. Then you came back a month later kissing his ass.

You do this all the time

Then you rant and rave how Jersey people are not ready for real music

I guess your so called music:rolleyes:

How fucking underground do you think you are?

I know my fucking music

I don't just pay attention to what selection a dj comes with or how many really new tracks he is playiny but I pay attention to how he or she mixes it up

How a dj caters that crowd

How he workes and teases it

How she takes that shit back(I'll take you back to the deep dark jungle:D )

How that bitch drops a accpella to a perfect beat and is flawless with that bitch

How that fucker works off the crowd and uses such creativity.

The fucking programing and the countless amount of beats going at once.

How DIRTY a dj gets.

Honstly Pulse no hard feelings and have a great fucking day

:D

Guest saleen351

Hey Tempkid,

I see your anger managment classes are helping....

maybe you should smack him with a cd like you did to that guy in sea side...

Originally posted by davisg

I apologize bmw4jay that we got off on the wrong foot but I think you missed the point. Barry was in the middle of a mix and you were trying to talk to him. I wanted Barry to enjoy himself for his birthday and it looked like you were bothering him. You also said some embarrassing things loud enough for me and a close friend of mine to hear. Not knowing who you were because you never introduced yourself, and the fact that you were embarrassing me in front of my friends made me a little pissed. Then very cocky you say, "do you know who I am". You put me on the defensive. Now that I know your face I'll be sure to extend you a hand of courtesy, but at the time I thought you were another one of these wanna be DJ booth hangers that put people down to make himself look better. As for my music, I never claimed to be the best DJ and the person who knows that best is me. The Friday style caters to a party crowd rather than a hard-core club crowd. That's why I suggested you go to Platinum on a Saturday, because you were very critical of the mixes and song selection. I don't get my play list off of a message board; I get it from the people at the club. The mix of Derb was a favor to Johnny FX and Prime because they produced it and I play a lot of requests.

Once again I apologize that we got our signals crossed and I hope we can meet under better circumstances. By the way I agree that Barry did an unbelievable job. Prime had a great party once again and it was nice to meet Mr.Bean and NOTALLTHERE.

It's all good man. I don't recall dissing anyone tho or the track selection at all. I know it's not as easy as people think it is to work a crowd...night after night. I give props to any DJ that plays well for any party...even those guys that drop "Macarena" at weddings. Point is, you kinda just put your nose somewhere without knowing all the facts. And I tell it how it is, so if you overheard any "embarassing" things that I mighta said, well...just remember not everyones gonna have something great to say about every party. Anyway, good luck at Platinum Fridays and anywhere else you go. Shots on me next time I see ya..:beer:

Originally posted by saleen351

Hey Tempkid,

I see your anger managment classes are helping....

maybe you should smack him with a cd like you did to that guy in sea side...

I don't know but something is wrong with me

I really really feel like kicking somebody's ass now.

I don't know how he got me worked

I was in a good mood and then i read his post.

I feel like puncking something anything just to get me back on track.

Jets are going beat Miami for the 9th straight time

You are still a Jets fan;)

different way, I just was making a note that artists/djs/producers/record labels, don't get paid off of MP3s, if you are a dj and making money by playing music you don't buy, its wrong, If you do buy your music, than more power to you. If you don't like a dj, dont' show up to bash him, go somewhere where there is a dj you like (We all know there are enough djs out there for you to find one you like) I really don't pay much attention to what anyone says about any dj, its their opinion and they are entitled to it, I wait until I hear a dj personally to make up my own opinion. And thats all it is, an opinion, not right or wrong, just an opinion, I personally prefer going to listen to jocks I like, rather than go to a club where a dj is playing that I don't like, just what I do, and there aren't too many djs I don't like, We are lucky in NYC/NJ to have so many good jocks and clubs.

PEACE

Originally posted by bmw4jay

It's all good man. I don't recall dissing anyone tho or the track selection at all. I know it's not as easy as people think it is to work a crowd...night after night. I give props to any DJ that plays well for any party...even those guys that drop "Macarena" at weddings. Point is, you kinda just put your nose somewhere without knowing all the facts. And I tell it how it is, so if you overheard any "embarassing" things that I mighta said, well...just remember not everyones gonna have something great to say about every party. Anyway, good luck at Platinum Fridays and anywhere else you go. Shots on me next time I see ya..:beer:

You're right, and like I said, it was all a misunderstanding. nothing that can't be solved over a few drinks. I just wish we would have talked sooner before all the negative hype because I don't want this to reflect on Platinum or the promoters. I tell people I'm just the parsley on the plate, the meat and potatos are the crowd and the club. I'm just the DJ. But I'm glad we have this resolved. PM me where you'll be at so we can meet up.

Platinum is a great space. was my first time there.

would be better if it were more crowded. they should do their sat night party fri night. there really snt anywhere to go on a fri night locally. That could be really good there. The only thing i didnt like was the music. Not anything to do with the DJ. I was just expecting different than it was so it kinda threw me for a loop. Really not into any hip hop. i can dela with it for a good 4 or 5 seconds after that its just annoying. At least if i go on a fri again i know what to expect.

thanks for a good party everyone prime thanks for the shot

Some choices people make, if you don't like Davis G and BG go to Abyss, whats the matter Tooch can't pull a crowd over there. Has he earned his spot, I guess so, Has he paid his dues. BG did good job and was just rocking it for his bday. I know I have paid my dues, I won't say anything bad about Tooch, never heard him, But I know after 19 years of djing and several residencies in NJ/NYC and Miami, not to mention many guest spots, I will rock the party at Platinum on OCT 18th, so come and check it out, and if you have a complaint about the DJ, don't wait until the next day to post it, make sure you let me know that night, I'll see what I can do for you. I spin real music, and vinyl, thats right, I buy my music, I only spin unreleased stuff on CD or stuff I don't feel like carrying that I converted from original vinyl. DJs that don't buy their music and MP3 everything cheat the artists. I don't know what tooch does, but MP3 is cheating. Buy the music, support the other DJs/Producers and Artists.

I wish you would just read some of your post.

"Whats the matter Tooch can't pull a crowd over there"

"I won't say anything bad about Tooch"

To late, you already did

"I don't know what tooch does, but MP3 is cheating"

There you go again

well atleast I think you whent there again

.:confused:

I mean you confuse the hell out of me. R U asumeing that he is MP#ing it? But you never heard him or met him.

So how would you know, oh thats right you know what you hear from others.

Well I heard you burnt a house down because of carelessness

I guess that is true because I know what I heard.

"But MP3 is cheating"

Really?

I mean show me what rule book

Oh thats right Mr. Undrground himself THEPULSE made the rule book

Here is my favirote

"I spin real music"

What is real music?

didn't you just say some bullshit about opions and there all just that, everybody is diffrent, but your shit is the real deal

I'm so fucking tempted to bring back older Pulse post from 2 summers ago

You def got alot wiser with you words over the years, mr proffesional

Talk to you later and again have fun what ever you do tonight.

Originally posted by doubleplay1970

Platinum is a great space. was my first time there.

would be better if it were more crowded. they should do their sat night party fri night. there really snt anywhere to go on a fri night locally. That could be really good there. The only thing i didnt like was the music. Not anything to do with the DJ. I was just expecting different than it was so it kinda threw me for a loop. Really not into any hip hop. i can dela with it for a good 4 or 5 seconds after that its just annoying. At least if i go on a fri again i know what to expect.

thanks for a good party everyone prime thanks for the shot

fridays are tough in the winter because there are a lot of places to go, so Platinum has chosen to go against the grain and throw a college party instead of do a regular club night...

as far as the amount of people, the party is still growing, figure this....they have been open since last december and a lot of you guys just went there last night for the first time..some people need to warm up to places, and a good party takes time to develop....you think SF sats were what they are now in the first week they started?:blank:

and when you put 400 people in a club that holds 1500, its not gonna look that crowded

personally, i dont like hiphop at all, BUT when i am around people who are having fun, i can dance to anything....throw on some 80's rock and ill headbang to Bon Jovi:rock:

a club is just a room with a loud stereo and colored lights...its the people inside who make the party, and if you show up with a negative attitude, well, that isnt really gonna help that vibe much

BG

Originally posted by tempkid

I wish you would just read some of your post.

"Whats the matter Tooch can't pull a crowd over there"

"I won't say anything bad about Tooch"

To late, you already did

"I don't know what tooch does, but MP3 is cheating"

There you go again

well atleast I think you whent there again

.:confused:

I mean you confuse the hell out of me. R U asumeing that he is MP#ing it? But you never heard him or met him.

So how would you know, oh thats right you know what you hear from others.

Well I heard you burnt a house down because of carelessness

I guess that is true because I know what I heard.

"But MP3 is cheating"

Really?

I mean show me what rule book

Oh thats right Mr. Undrground himself THEPULSE made the rule book

Here is my favirote

"I spin real music"

What is real music?

didn't you just say some bullshit about opions and there all just that, everybody is diffrent, but your shit is the real deal

I'm so fucking tempted to bring back older Pulse post from 2 summers ago

You def got alot wiser with you words over the years, mr proffesional

Talk to you later and again have fun what ever you do tonight.

bro its not worth it... he is some herb dj that will never make it... "I buy vinyl.. im cool.. blah blah blah"... "only stuff i play on cd is unreleased" hahahaha does this clown think he is for real... who the hell would give him an unreleased track :laugh:

You're right, and like I said, it was all a misunderstanding. nothing that can't be solved over a few drinks. I just wish we would have talked sooner before all the negative hype because I don't want this to reflect on Platinum or the promoters. I tell people I'm just the parsley on the plate, the meat and potatos are the crowd and the club. I'm just the DJ. But I'm glad we have this resolved. PM me where you'll be at so we can meet up.

yea you are right, big misunderstanding last night. and yea it would have been good if things would have been talked about last night as well, but not once did anyone say that Platinum sucked last night...in fact, everyone that we were there with had a freakin blast. big props to you for moving the crowd like you did. now i'm not one for hip-hop of any kind and that is the only complaint that i do have but, as long as i am with my friends i really dont mind what is being played as long as we are all having fun...friday nights are a different crowd and you gotta play for the crowd and you did it well. now, as for me saying that you trainwrecked and played derb, etc... sorry for saying that stuff but, i am a critic when i go out. i do it to every dj at every place every night i go out. i pick up on every little slip up that every dj makes....that doesnt mean that they are a shitty dj....and to tell you the truth, i really only heard you slip once last night, but that might not have been your fault...sounded like something with the cd(you probably know what i'm talking about too:rolleyes: )....as far as music...i am very much into the music and that is why i say things about derb & rich luzzi...no offense to you in any way, but those are the songs that i really wouldnt want to hear out, but like i said, you played for the crowd and they loved derb like they just heard it for the first time:) a lot of harsh things were said and it has nothing to do with Platinum or promoters or how you played...cause the club itself is nice(lots of potential), the promoters seem to be doin a good job from the turnout of the past 2 weeks, and you def had the crowd moving.....it was all from the way you acted in the booth but, i can definitely understand where you are coming from, cause we all know there are those types of people who like to hang out around there and think they are cool like they are best friends with the dj, yet noone has any idea who they are. now i actually didnt have a chance to speak with you last night cause after i heard what was being said between you and jay, i left the booth shortly after.....the funny thing was that aside from going up there to talk to BG, i was actually going to congratulate on your set and wish you good luck in the following weeks. now for everyone reading this who has thoughts of going to Platinum:

get a bunch of your friends, go there and get drunk!!!!!!

it is definitely a real good time....i'm not a promoter so i'm not gonna blow smoke up anyone's ass...but it is definitely worth it.

oh yeah and use khemical's list....had to plug that for you BG

davis g.- like i said, nice set last night and good luck in following weeks...no hard feelings bro.....good job with "dark beat"...you used the effects nicely on it, and good job with mix of eminem....what was the beat you mixed it with though....i cant remember for the life of me

Originally posted by ibclubbin

im just pissed cause gary cut out my only hiphop request about 30 seconds into the song:finger:

BG

I was trying to give you more time to spin at the end of the night :laugh:

By the way great job. You and Prime worked the hell out of Reina over boots! How long did it take you to clean off from the cake and whip cream fight between you and SPYGIRL?

Its my opinion, that MP3 is cheating, Put it this way, You are the Artist or Producer and you record or cd is sitting on the shelf because everyone has it on MP3 and no one bothered to buy it. How would you feel? Cheated I would think. And that house burned because of an electrical short, I wasn't even there when it happened. The house was sold by one friend to another and we are helping him rebuild the burnt apartment, guess you wouldn't know about that, cause you don't know me. I could care less if a dj plays all MP3s all night. I play music for the crowd, I take requests, the crowd makes the party, the dj and the music can be perfect, but without the crowd you have nothing.

By the way great job. You and Prime worked the hell out of Reina over boots! How long did it take you to clean off from the cake and whip cream fight between you and SPYGIRL?

lol....i made her lick it off me so it took a while...i think she was taking her time;)

BG

Its my opinion, that MP3 is cheating, Put it this way, You are the Artist or Producer and you record or cd is sitting on the shelf because everyone has it on MP3 and no one bothered to buy it. How would you feel? Cheated I would think. And that house burned because of an electrical short, I wasn't even there when it happened. The house was sold by one friend to another and we are helping him rebuild the burnt apartment, guess you wouldn't know about that, cause you don't know me. I could care less if a dj plays all MP3s all night. I play music for the crowd, I take requests, the crowd makes the party, the dj and the music can be perfect, but without the crowd you have nothing.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Shut up already

You are making yourself look dumber and dumber as you reply

You degenerate fuck

You are the weakest link

GOOD BY

...............how do you like them apples bitch................

hahah im a F'n DJ u cant keep me out of the booth the whole night....I gotta turn some Nobs.....

Again...Im glad we are all in understanding now....Like i said Im glad everyone had a good time...I work hard all week to make 5 hrs a blast that is my job...It much easier for me to walk in and spin and leave....Im stressed all night....but its worth it....I like to see people happy and drunk that is why i decided to do what i do...and do the type of party that it is...

Again thanks to all that came out....I hd allot of fun and wish to see you all again....Shot on me AGAIN....