Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP's efx question......

DJMikeE

Ive noticed during certain tracks in the past, such as i just died vs no more games, mr lonely, going through it, the jam etc.......theres a high pitch effect that seems to drop at certain points........is that just the way the record sounds on the sf system, or is it an efx processor he uses?? (the Roland efx box??) Thanks in advance. :cool:

Originally posted by mattm2o

All he really uses is the custom EQ they have for the Urei Mixer and The Pioneer EFX 500

wrong.. The dj booth has the new Rane rotary mixer (dunno what model # exactly), the Denon 2600 and the Denon 9000? (the newest model, they have them both in the booth) ..His main effects processor is the Lexicon Jamman..

Originally posted by tranza

wrong.. The dj booth has the new Rane rotary mixer (dunno what model # exactly), the Denon 2600 and the Denon 9000? (the newest model, they have them both in the booth) ..His main effects processor is the Lexicon Jamman..

Ummm The model you were lookig fore was Rane 2016 and yes there was a urei in the booth this past week at SF!

Uh Huh Thats Right, and by the way Junior spins up the block!

Originally posted by mattm2o

Ummm The model you were lookig fore was Rane 2016 and yes there was a urei in the booth this past week at SF!

Uh Huh Thats Right, and by the way Junior spins up the block!

Yeah ur right I only go in the booth once a week :rolleyes:

Dont be mad because ur wrong!

Originally posted by DJMikeE

In addition, doesn't JP use the Roland efx processor to "chop up" the tracks? Or is that w/the Jamman too???

i dont believe he messes with the roland much anymore.. he is a big fan of the jam man.. which is actually meant for guitar use.. he has this implemented into his mixer.. so basically he just turns one of the knobs and baaam the efx kick in.. he also has the pioneer box in there which i have rarely seen him touch.. and he also has a new looping efx which i forget the name of

Originally posted by muzikman

i dont believe he messes with the roland much anymore.. he is a big fan of the jam man.. which is actually meant for guitar use.. he has this implemented into his mixer.. so basically he just turns one of the knobs and baaam the efx kick in.. he also has the pioneer box in there which i have rarely seen him touch.. and he also has a new looping efx which i forget the name of

woohoo muzikfeg to the rescue!!! :D

The Looping Efx Thing is called the Cycloops. Shit is sick!!

Cycloops is ridiculous, you simply press a button, it records the loop at what amount of length you want i.e. 8 beat loop, then someohow matches the loop right on synch with the track playing so when you bring that channel into the mix, it's dead on

junior also uses this

The Roland EF303 is interesting but its a pain in the ass to use live, its more for in the studio effects, I have one hooked up to one of my turntables and its kinda cool, but its weird. i like the fact you can pick where and the deptch on each individual count you want the efx to be at or sound

he also uses the echo 3/4 (on the pioneer box) with the bass off for that really tweaked echo sound... used alot in his mix cd

hope that helps a little bit

peace

justin

Originally posted by djustinh

he also uses the echo 3/4 (on the pioneer box) with the bass off for that really tweaked echo sound... used alot in his mix cd

hope that helps a little bit

peace

justin

thats exactly what i was talking about but of course the TAP (BPM) button has to be set right to get the full effect

yup 3/4 is where its at.. but believe me he dont really touch the pioneer.. u can even loop beats through the pioneer.. he uses it mainly to get out of trouble.. he basically uses the jamman and is always messing with the eq's.. he is def fun to watch.. i can watch and still not know what the heck he is doing... the best is watching him work vocals

yup 3/4 is where its at.. but believe me he dont really touch the pioneer.. u can even loop beats through the pioneer.. he uses it mainly to get out of trouble.. he basically uses the jamman and is always messing with the eq's.. he is def fun to watch.. i can watch and still not know what the heck he is doing... the best is watching him work vocals

Originally posted by wakeup

only problem with loopin on the pioneer is u can only get 4 beats out of it (unless u extend the depth slowly, which can suck). u always have to be precise otherwise it will be off and constantly adjusting the pitch on the tables or cds for most on here;)

fucking comp

im not trying to sound crude, but its actually REALLY REALLY REALLY easy, just start the 4/1 echo, leave the depth totally off, when you want your loop to start, start making the depth higher by the 4 beat, your depth shoudl be fully on, and then drop your volume of your channel.

im serious, its really not that hard at all... i showed this kid who never used a box in life how to do it, and he does it legit 100% perfect.

unless you guys are doing it another way...

let me know :)

peace

justin