Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New study on E

teklord310

not trying to trivialize the dangers of E and all that...it's obviously not a drug that comes without it's risks. But all virtually all substances have harmful effects on people. Alcohol destroys your liver, is addictive, etc... Cigarettes cause lung cancer, etc... And these two aren't even illegal. It seems like everything these days is bad for you in one way or the other. I'm not even that into drugs.....Call me ignorant, mis-informed, whatever...but I don't understand how this drug is so much worse for you then all the rest, and how everyone should stop using this specific drug. Is alcohol any better for you? Someone actually sent me some statistic on the number of alcohol-related deaths a year compared to the number of E-related deaths. I think it was like 6000/1 or something.

Originally posted by bustaknut2001

I can't believe more people haven't responded to this. :confused:

I donno. :rolleyes: It is a pretty touchy topic, especially in the club scene.

Every substance does has negative effects on your body. But some substances can be taken in small quantities and have little or no effect in the long run. For example, having a few drinks a week should not cause liver damage. Smoking once or twice a week should not have any drastic effect on your lungs(correct me if i'm wrong). I'm not an anti-this, anti-that person at all, I just found this article interesting so I decided to post it.

...so many dangers ... so many warnings ... personally this doesnt bother me ... sooner or l8er weR gonna B forced to face some type of crazie shit .... "live everday like its your last" ... tryin to do that until one day all of this catches up.

...plz remember to choose wisely... ;)

ChOOse WiseLy

attachment.php?postid=987028

"The beats, the sounds, the lights that are all around your head; they close around you and cut off your thoughts ... as if it was a transposition of your soul."

- - - - - - -

AiM: EcstasyRvr

Just to let everyone know who thinks it won't happen to them, please be careful if your going to use this shit.

I'm sure they will erase this reply.

What you will never hear about b/c people are paid off and others are told to look the other way. One month ago a friend of a friend( SF head for 5 years ) went to SF and was dead sober when he arrived. He bought 1 pill and was in the corner messed up the whole night. In the process he managed to lose his 2 friends that he was with. While passed out, someone stole his money,CC, garage pass and car. Bouncers did nothing. At 3pm on Sunday the bouncers found him when they turned the lights on and he was dead. He died from having a bad reaction to a pill, ONE Pill. Definitly was not his first time and definitly didn't OD.

It could happen to anyone.

Ecstasyravr: You control your own destiny, nothing has to catch up to you if you don't want it to. Not saying I'm sober all the time but you ever think about the future and how this shit could perminently effect your life?

Originally posted by zoolander

Just to let everyone know who thinks it won't happen to them, please be careful if your going to use this shit.

I'm sure they will erase this reply.

What you will never hear about b/c people are paid off and others are told to look the other way. One month ago a friend of a friend( SF head for 5 years ) went to SF and was dead sober when he arrived. He bought 1 pill and was in the corner messed up the whole night. In the process he managed to lose his 2 friends that he was with. While passed out, someone stole his money,CC, garage pass and car. Bouncers did nothing. At 3pm on Sunday the bouncers found him when they turned the lights on and he was dead. He died from having a bad reaction to a pill, ONE Pill. Definitly was not his first time and definitly didn't OD.

It could happen to anyone.

Ecstasyravr: You control your own destiny, nothing has to catch up to you if you don't want it to. Not saying I'm sober all the time but you ever think about the future and how this shit could perminently effect your life?

What he took was not ecstasy then. I really find most studies on the substance very inconclusive. When I came across the article last week and posted it on the Substance board, someone on there figured out that they gave those monkeys the equivalent of 10 pills that they injected directly into their bloodstream. That is not how most people party in one night, by any means. No wonder they had problems - their little brains were given doses that no human could even handle! I think in the CNN article, it said that 2 of the monkies died before they could receive their last dose. That is not accurate testing. I'm not denying that the shit isn't bad for you, but there is no conclusive test results proving for sure what the dangers of it are. Besides, half the stuff you buy and ingest isn't MDMA anyway - it's usually speed, DXM, caffine, ephedrine, etc. all mixed together, so god knows what the effects of that cocktail is. Honestly, most people that I have heard of who had problems with ecstasy had them because they:

a) took way too many

B) took something else with it (ghb, ketamine, even alcohol)

c) took something that had PMA or MDA in it that mimics MDMA, but is very harmful

If you have to do it, BE RESPONSIBLE!