Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CellPhones...

dgmodel

At&t's plans are pretty sweet. I have at&t right now.

600 Daytime minutes

Unlimited nights and weekends

Long distance included

for 39.99:D

This works out very well for me.

But i sometimes wonder if verizons service is better?:confused:

And about the phones I have the now ever too popular motorola v 60c. IT SUXX! I cant wait to trash this piece of mierda.

Im into Nextel service is fairly good. Ya know today its pretty much a win win situation with cell phones. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. The best service by far is VERIZON. The cheapest service SPRINT. The coolest bells and whistles on phones NEXTEL ( but you pay a shit load of taxes for them). At & T somewhere in the middle. God awful has to be Cingular ( unless your in Jersey ). The best way to find a plan is to get a cell phone that you like/or can afford then go with plans from there. Here's a link:

http://reviews.cnet.com/wireless/0-1923401.html?tag=st.re.9870989.dir.1923401

BTW my service plan is 59.99 for 500 Minutes, Unlimited Free Incoming Minutes ( Which is great so you can have people just call you) and Free Direct Connect which is the walkie talkie, 10.00 for Free Nights and Weekends, 5.00 for Unlimited Text Messaging and E-mails, I pay like 95.00 $ a month. Which is a little steep, but I get great service. Check the link!

Originally posted by rdancer

BTW my service plan is 59.99 for 500 Minutes, Unlimited Free Incoming Minutes ( Which is great so you can have people just call you) and Free Direct Connect which is the walkie talkie, 10.00 for Free Nights and Weekends, 5.00 for Unlimited Text Messaging and E-mails, I pay like 95.00 $ a month. Which is a little steep, but I get great service. Check the link!

i have the same plan. and i love it. if you are a cellphone hog... then nextel is great. i use an avg of 2500 minutes a month and i nbever go over my plan. i used to have cingular and although the rate plan was lower..i usually ended up paying more than i pay now! service has definitely improved since i got my phone (ove ra year ago) and they will be launching the direct connect nationwide in about a year!

Originally posted by dgmodel

need help witha new cellphone/contract...

contracts are fairly reasonable and what phones are good???

(had at&t with tac loved it until someone jacked it from me) my contract is over with at&t i can go to anyone... what are you suggestions for fon and service???

All depends on where you live. Just about every plan sucks on Staten Island. There are too many dead zones... Brooklyn every service is good there are almost no dead zones... I am not sure about Queens and Bronx. Manhattan anything is also good.

I have the Motorola Time Port. Which is a great phone. My service is Sprint. yes there service isnt the best but for unlimited minutes at $15.00 a month through a " Demo Line " through my boys store. I couldn't pass it up. The time port is TRI BAND so you can basically get service anywhere. Yes it may roam on occasion if you have it on auto mode but if you get a plan with free roaming it wouldnt matter. If you don't have a plan with free roaming I would suggest you didnt put the phone on auto mode unless you have to... This is one of the better phones to get. It stores around 500 phone number. 5 Per person. Within the phone book it has listings for WORK, HOME, CELL, BEEP, and FAX... Which worked great for me with my job and all the contacts...

So which ever plan you get the TIME PORT which is basically the same phone as the Star Tac only a step up as far as options... That is the phone I would choose...

If you want to hear about all the plans...

My friends store carries.

Sprint, Nextel, Omnipoint, and At&t... Sorry they dont carry Verizon... I dont know why... But they dont...

The Number

718-857-8888 They are on Flatbush by St. Marks in Brooklyn...

Hope I was of some help...

Peace...

Scott

i need it for Manhattan/Qns/Upstate-snow/beach-surf....

I think at&t sounds like the best bet since i had them before and my current regional/longdistance carrier for the home is at&t maybe theyll cut me a discount...

i was considering the timeport however the guy at this shop told me that the timepor that he had was only for sprint and i heard nothing but bad reviews from sprint...

im might give him a buzz towards the end of the week... thanks b. really appreciate the info...

I'd ahve to say AT&T.............I have their nationwide service. I usually get pretty good signal no matter where I go. Verizon I'm not sure about. My friend has Verizon and there is this completely annoying echo in the background and it cuts off everytime I talk to him, although that could be his phone. Nextel I can't stand, Everytime I try to call a friend who is on Nextel it never goes through, and it won't even forward you to a voicemail, just says "Nextel subscriber can't be reach try call again later" WTF is that? Cincular might suck, not sure.............my Blackberry is on the Cingular network, usually get's decent signal. Maven't heard much about Voicestream (T-mobile) lately. Last I heard they weren't too bad though.

Bottom line though, all cell phone services are a joke, it just depends on your sense of humor on how much shit your willing to take. But i'd stick w/ AT&T :aright:

i need it for Manhattan/Qns/Upstate-snow/beach-surf....

I think at&t sounds like the best bet since i had them before and my current regional/longdistance carrier for the home is at&t maybe theyll cut me a discount...

i was considering the timeport however the guy at this shop told me that the timepor that he had was only for sprint and i heard nothing but bad reviews from sprint...

im might give him a buzz towards the end of the week... thanks b. really appreciate the info...

P.S. My friend I believe does have the Time Port for At&t.. I will find out for sure later today when I head into work I will stop by his store... I have to pick some shit up anyway...

Originally posted by elementx

P.S. My friend I believe does have the Time Port for At&t.. I will find out for sure later today when I head into work I will stop by his store... I have to pick some shit up anyway...

if could find out for me id really appreciate it... thanks again...

(btw do i have to buy the fon from him or is it free with service etc)

Originally posted by sexxyme

I <3 Nextel

600 min

Unlimited Nights & Weekends

All incoming calls free

2-way

$89.99

Can it get any better then that?? I DONT THINK SO..

oh..and the phones..are adorable ;) hehe:D

I think I know why all incoming calls are free..................cause Nextel drops so many incoming calls.......................I HATE NEXTEL!!!!

if could find out for me id really appreciate it... thanks again...

(btw do i have to buy the fon from him or is it free with service etc)

He just told me that the TimePort for AT&T was discontinued. He said if you want a good free phone. He said to wait for the promotion on the V60. ABout once a month they offer the phone for free with a new activation. If you want give him a call and find out what you want....

Ask for Mike...

He will explain all the plans.. And let you know when they should be running a promotion...

Peace... Sorry about the TIME PORT... I didnt know they were discontinuing it...

Originally posted by sexxyme

I <3 Nextel

600 min

Unlimited Nights & Weekends

All incoming calls free

2-way

$89.99

Can it get any better then that?? I DONT THINK SO..

oh..and the phones..are adorable ;) hehe:D

Some of their phones are nice, some are mad big and clunky....

ElementX Nice sig ;)!

Originally posted by elementx

He just told me that the TimePort for AT&T was discontinued. He said if you want a good free phone. He said to wait for the promotion on the V60. ABout once a month they offer the phone for free with a new activation. If you want give him a call and find out what you want....

Ask for Mike...

He will explain all the plans.. And let you know when they should be running a promotion...

Peace... Sorry about the TIME PORT... I didnt know they were discontinuing it...

no problem.. thanks for the info i really appreciate it... another board member is checking with his uncle, if i dont get anything good through him ill def give your boy a call...

i used to have a timeport, it really isnt anything great. its the same as any old startac, its just silver with a blue screen... i wouldnt go nuts trying to get one of those. i didnt particularly like the one i had. i ended up trading it in for some samsung bs, then i dropped that and got the i60 (which blows)

Originally posted by somebitch

fuck the middle man, just get verizon. their service is the best

...that's what i'm getting...

i think it's like

600 peak minutes

nights and weekends unlimited

1000 mobile to mobile minutes

the last part for me is key...my sisters and friends are on verizon...

but location and utility are key...for me, verizon is perfect...