Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Names of people in the club business

Originally posted by riggitytiggity

so I think we're all curious......are these their real names?

Denny Tsettos?

Bon Solid?

Richie Santana?

Anybody want to know any others? Stage names or real.........

ok i know these but....

ShowBoat

Unique.

(Me) Prime

Beeda B. This guy was a club legend, him and "The Original Dave the Rave"!!!!! These guys were unmatched they had the hottest parties no matter what!!! Their Best Party though was when I was only 18 at NEW YORK NEW YORK in elizabeth, that place was unreal!!!! SERGIO I know you remember it.

Back to the names, most of the people use their real names that I know. HMMM no one calls me by my real name though, why is that?

Best line of all time as far as name dropping is, Yeah, ok, we'll see if I can't get in , I know "JOEY HARRISON", this line is the best or any line with that name in.

Those of you who know, know!! Those of you who don't ask for "JOEY HARRISON!!!!"

Originally posted by bigmurray

Beeda B. This guy was a club legend, him and "The Original Dave the Rave"!!!!! These guys were unmatched they had the hottest parties no matter what!!! Their Best Party though was when I was only 18 at NEW YORK NEW YORK in elizabeth, that place was unreal!!!! SERGIO I know you remember it.

Back to the names, most of the people use their real names that I know. HMMM no one calls me by my real name though, why is that?

Best line of all time as far as name dropping is, Yeah, ok, we'll see if I can't get in , I know "JOEY HARRISON", this line is the best or any line with that name in.

Those of you who know, know!! Those of you who don't ask for "JOEY HARRISON!!!!"

That is funny indeed..................I know his real name though, but I think most people do by now.

Originally posted by ou812

Beeda B..................hahahahaha, anyone remember him from Surf Club back in the day, holy shit, I just fell outta my chair

Holy shit Ou812.............I thought I was the only one that knew him.............Me and my "1993"(yeah, i'm old) crew use to hang with Beeda b back at surf and he also use to do The Hop in Totowa...............:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Beeada B aka Don Ward was (is) a NJ Nightclub/Bar Manager, Promo Director, Cult Of Personality who started his career as the manager of Mary's Husbands Pub in Belmar in the early - mid 70's I beleive, before that He also played semi - pro basketball most notably with the Harlem Globetrotters ( Beeada was a member of the opposite team that allways played the Globetrotters in they're appearances usually using the name "The Washington Wizards") He was also very active and could be regularly seen playing in the famous Belmar Summer League which attracted many Semi-pro and Professional Basketball players during the mid 60's thru the 70's...at 6'8 and a half Beeada was a tireless point guard with a deadly 15 foot jump shot that was his trademark...often he was seen daily running along the boardwalk in Belmar. Beeada personality made him the icon he became... outgoing but allways friendly, He was a real Chic magnet as well as a Mans man. I first met him in 1983..I had spun a couple of times at The Osprey in Manasquan but mostly stayed up North preferring being associated with the Winter Scene and NYC. At the time Beeada was manager of Montego Bay ( better known as Monguido Bay) which was the hottest club in Belmar (or the Jersey Shore for that matter). Some girls I knew introe'd me halfway thru the summer to him - he was cool but the season was in full swing and Bob Monte from Chicago's (now Soundgarden) was the dj there and there wasnt any positions open but still it was the right move to make as it was a benefit just to get the guys attention with a tape and to shake his hand. It payed off later cause I knew 1 day I'd probably run into him somewhere. Anyway Beeada was a legend on the Microphone and did most of the clubs announcing himself, this became his trademark as he was allways a sight to see in the dj booth - the Huge blonde haired guy going apeshit on the mic leading sing alongs of all the fav summer songs like Mony, Mony and Run Around Sue. Cutting ahead 7 years I next saw Beeada working for Joey Harrison in 1990... I was doing an Alternative music night for under 21 at Joey's in Clifton which I must say ranks as just about the most fun Ive ever had as a dj; 650 kids moshing to NiN, Ministry and Janes Addiction as well as grooving to Public Enemy and BDP/KRS 1. One night I turn my head and there he is - all 6'8 and a half its none other than Beeada B who allready had the mic in his hand and let out a wolf howl on top of some Ministry song, man I cracked the fuck up..He was managing 2 of Joeys Clubs down the shore and was still as active as ever and didnt look like he aged a day. After that I worked with him that summer doing a similar night down at Ortley beach at Surf Club and in Seaside at XS. The next year I collided with him again at The Hip Hop House in Bloomfield where we had a blast..Beeada was allways a fair guy and was cool with me, altho demanding and quick to break wild if someone got stupid or didnt do theyre job right. He was allways the first to treat people damn good at the end of a good night. I dont know whats been goin on with him but where ever he is I hope he's well. I know he was last at Jimmy's in Morristown working up there so he's still lurking around the scene somewhere...Here's to Don Ward aka Beeada B, a New Jersey Nightclub legend... :cool:

Originally posted by stiffler

Holy shit Ou812.............I thought I was the only one that knew him.............Me and my "1993"(yeah, i'm old) crew use to hang with Beeda b back at surf and he also use to do The Hop in Totowa...............:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh man, it still gets me, sometimes I really can't believe they had that guy working the crowd, as far as an impresario goes, I guess he could be amusing...................I can still hear the chants going on in my head right now, "TEQUILA, 2 dolla!!, TEQUILA 2 dolla!!", when he used to announce shot specials. :laugh: :laugh:

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by ou812

Oh man, it still gets me, sometimes I really can't believe they had that guy working the crowd, as far as an impresario goes, I guess he could be amusing...................I can still hear the chants going on in my head right now, "TEQUILA, 2 dolla!!, TEQUILA 2 dolla!!", when he used to announce shot specials. :laugh: :laugh:

Ohhh, Beada. He kept the nightlife going at Changes and Jimmy's:

"All the crazy muthafukers in the house, COM'N! Work it, Changes"

"Danielle is from Passaic and shes got.... no hair!!"

Clubs would do so much better with him around these days.

Originally posted by gregwhite007

Beeada B aka Don Ward was (is) a NJ Nightclub/Bar Manager, Promo Director, Cult Of Personality who started his career as the manager of Mary's Husbands Pub in Belmar in the early - mid 70's I beleive, before that He also played semi - pro basketball most notably with the Harlem Globetrotters ( Beeada was a member of the opposite team that allways played the Globetrotters in they're appearances usually using the name "The Washington Wizards") He was also very active and could be regularly seen playing in the famous Belmar Summer League which attracted many Semi-pro and Professional Basketball players during the mid 60's thru the 70's...at 6'8 and a half Beeada was a tireless point guard with a deadly 15 foot jump shot that was his trademark...often he was seen daily running along the boardwalk in Belmar. Beeada personality made him the icon he became... outgoing but allways friendly, He was a real Chic magnet as well as a Mans man. I first met him in 1983..I had spun a couple of times at The Osprey in Manasquan but mostly stayed up North preferring being associated with the Winter Scene and NYC. At the time Beeada was manager of Montego Bay ( better known as Monguido Bay) which was the hottest club in Belmar (or the Jersey Shore for that matter). Some girls I knew introe'd me halfway thru the summer to him - he was cool but the season was in full swing and Bob Monte from Chicago's (now Soundgarden) was the dj there and there wasnt any positions open but still it was the right move to make as it was a benefit just to get the guys attention with a tape and to shake his hand. It payed off later cause I knew 1 day I'd probably run into him somewhere. Anyway Beeada was a legend on the Microphone and did most of the clubs announcing himself, this became his trademark as he was allways a sight to see in the dj booth - the Huge blonde haired guy going apeshit on the mic leading sing alongs of all the fav summer songs like Mony, Mony and Run Around Sue. Cutting ahead 7 years I next saw Beeada working for Joey Harrison in 1990... I was doing an Alternative music night for under 21 at Joey's in Clifton which I must say ranks as just about the most fun Ive ever had as a dj; 650 kids moshing to NiN, Ministry and Janes Addiction as well as grooving to Public Enemy and BDP/KRS 1. One night I turn my head and there he is - all 6'8 and a half its none other than Beeada B who allready had the mic in his hand and let out a wolf howl on top of some Ministry song, man I cracked the fuck up..He was managing 2 of Joeys Clubs down the shore and was still as active as ever and didnt look like he aged a day. After that I worked with him that summer doing a similar night down at Ortley beach at Surf Club and in Seaside at XS. The next year I collided with him again at The Hip Hop House in Bloomfield where we had a blast..Beeada was allways a fair guy and was cool with me, altho demanding and quick to break wild if someone got stupid or didnt do theyre job right. He was allways the first to treat people damn good at the end of a good night. I dont know whats been goin on with him but where ever he is I hope he's well. I know he was last at Jimmy's in Morristown working up there so he's still lurking around the scene somewhere...Here's to Don Ward aka Beeada B, a New Jersey Nightclub legend... :cool:

You have way too much time on your hands!!!! And, who really give a fuck what these peoples real names are! This board is so fucking GAY now!!!

:cheese::vomit3:

Originally posted by nickyc98

Ohhh, Beada. He kept the nightlife going at Changes and Jimmy's:

"All the crazy muthafukers in the house, COM'N! Work it, Changes"

"Danielle is from Passaic and shes got.... no hair!!"

Clubs would do so much better with him around these days.

I did Changes with Beada B. for 6 years.

"Who wants the free champagne"

"Push push in the bush"

"Tequila, Sambucca, One Dollar"

"Jump Motherfuckers, Jump Motherfuckers Jump"

"Layo layo lay la lay"

"How many of you guys can handle all the girls on stage"

"I can hear the ocean"

"c'mon"

"Can I get a pump one time"

"This is for all the hardcore people in the house"

"What the fuck is goin on in the dj booth?"