Clubplanet Nightlife Community

i think 75% of clubbers/promoter do not have a clue...

Originally posted by cintron

Breaks Breaks... BreaksBreaks

Boom Tss.... BoomTss.

DrumBeat I learned in 4th grade. That goes for Jungle too ;)

Music and Politics don't mix, children. Don't you know?:D

. . . I beg to differ, its all about the politics . . . people these days though, don't want to try anymore . . and that's why the politcs rule . . .

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

someone should start a new post saying promoters READ THIS

because its these guys that are dictating the scene in NY

if they begin to improve it

so will the people.

but thats not gonna happen if they dont

they need to get to KTU and get the better DJ's on them

when PVD comes to town

KTU should broadcast that

stuff liek that

promoters need to start the ball

Originally posted by buredf

but thats not gonna happen if they dont

they need to get to KTU and get the better DJ's on them

when PVD comes to town

KTU should broadcast that

stuff liek that

HELLS NO!

KTU is there to reach a market, not to support the dance music scene. Unless there's a real genuine change in the taste of the 21-35 year old females that KTU is targetting (yeah right), all that KTU promotion is going to do is support a few singles that the mainstream gets a taste for. Ultimately it's going to either not affect many labels or even hurt the music that they put out.

If you're going to start a real dance station, go for it. But don't drag KTU into it. Though not nearly as well known, stuff like Liquid Todd's Solid State pushes dance music further than shit like KTU ever will.

KTU is there to reach a market.

as much as all the bullshit about our music being the underground

sorry to say thats it just not that in europe

its anything but underground

and there is no way a real dance station would survive in ny right now

therefore we need to get KTU to broadcast stuff like a PVD mix to get people aware and help change peoples tastes

how can people like pvd when so much of america has never even heard or heard of him

because it's the same reason whenever i drop house/trance/techno at a frat party that people walk away.

they don't understand it. It's not "bling bling". They don't feel the "subculture" associated with it because it's not broadcast all over MTV. People need to be told what to do, how to act, how to dress, what music to like, where to go, and how they're supposed to "party."

Dance music doesn't do that. It lets you decide for yourself what you like, who you are and how you party.

The mainstream masses don't understand it for exactly that reason. You play PVD or anything on a big radio station and people will simply change the station. They won't listen to it unless it's cookie-cutter boomp-tss-boomp-tss commercial cheese that already has a video and they can sing along to.

It's no use trying to bring someone into our culture by force or by over saturation.

It's got to be a conscious decision by the individual to seek something different and explore it.

KTU is there to reach a market.

as much as all the bullshit about our music being the underground

sorry to say thats it just not that in europe

its anything but underground

and there is no way a real dance station would survive in ny right now

therefore we need to get KTU to broadcast stuff like a PVD mix to get people aware and help change peoples tastes

how can people like pvd when so much of america has never even heard or heard of him

Electronic is an engrained aspect of pop culture in Europe. That DOES NOT hold true here. It's been said again and again, there's a fundamental difference between how the music is digested in the two locales. As opposed to popular beliefs, mass exposure DOES NOT equate to popularity. Are the masses gonna give a rat's ass about a PvD set when it's just "rave techno" music to them?

And exactly what price are you willing to pay for exposure? IMHO, I'm not really interested in seeing what happened to hip hop and pop happen to electroic music on such a massive scale. Trance already brought in such a cycle in Europe/UK a few years ago, it doesn't need to happen again.

Originally posted by cintron

Listen to some kicking stuff from Plastica Red, or Fluential, or NRK and you're hearing some good US house that moves your ass throughout the whole night. You probably won't remember it...

I'm not really sure what point that proves. Plastica, Fluential, and NRK are all London based labels. Although they occasionally release tracks by US producers, the majority of their artists are from the UK/Europe. Not quite the best example of US house. ;)

Originally posted by gjg21

I'm not really sure what point that proves. Plastica, Fluential, and NRK are all London based labels. Although they occasionally release tracks by US producers, the majority of their artists are from the UK/Europe. Not quite the best example of US house. ;)

yeah i noticed that after i posted it. my bad ;) (too much beer that nite)

*ahem* domestic labels like Choo-Choo, Subliminal, Saw Recordings, Yoshitoshi...

I am sorry to say that Trance is in its early stages here in NYC, but I am determined to make it as big as it possibly can. How can anyone say that Trance sucks. In my opinion they dont know anything about music and all they really care about is going to the club and getting f***ked up. For me when I hit the dancefloor and I hear any of those big guys step up to the plate, such as Armin, Tiesto and Ferry I get a rush of energy that flows through my body like no other. No drug in the world can give me the high that I get. Trance is consistently changing its sound but the States have no clue cause they never hear it. I love all electronic music in general so i have nothing to say about other genres, but there are a lot of bad tracks out there. I hear Danny Tenaglia drop some of the worst tracks i ever heard but somehow the people enjoy it since there are rolling there face off they dont know the difference. I am a DJ myself (DJ Moe D) and trust me I'll be bringing NYC the beautiful sounds of trance music to the club. So look out and you'll see my name in the near future. Laterzzz.

yo if richie hawtin really made the comment on that website

he really needs to grow up

as a professional in the industry he should not be knocking any one style.

because the person who makes a stupid statement like that is only hurting the scene as a whole.

whatever the dominant genre of music is in a certain area, kids should not go and knock the other music by saying it sucks.

i say im tired of all the same shit over and over in the city but i never say a certain music sucks

You got to be joking me. I highly doubt Richie Hawtin would say anything like that. But, if he did he can go screw himself. All u people out there should respect the fact that electronic music is very diverse and learn not to put down anything u dont like. I dont like a lot of stuff but at least i hear it and give it a chance. People who have negative comments about other styles of music obviously no nothing about anything. So grow up and open your ears. U might find something u like that u never thought u would!

DJ Moe D

its people like dj shugga that help mess the scene up

respect electronic music in general

its like saying i am a rock fan and i want the music to be more heard --- so because im a creed lover fuck stone temple pilots.

if trance is what gets heads into electronic than so be it and if its progressive or whatever other style than so be it

dont go and knocking other styles

its like enough with all the dark progressive and tribal house that you hear everywhere.

other than arc, and centro the musc everywhere else is poor.

No offense.. but what kind of music do you think Centro is playing? I'll tell you one thing for damn sure.. it ain't trance. :idea:

yeh whats the point though

the music there is good just because its not trance dont make it not good

My point is that in the sentence right before the one about Vinyl & Centro you down talk dark progressive house and dark tribal.. that's what Centro tends to play so your comment makes absolutely no sense.

I dont care about supporting the scene or whatever..i just think its gay when people are stupid enough to say that a whole genre of music sucks..its never true because no matter how much you hate some kind of music you are lying to yourself if there isnt 1 or 2 songs that tickle your fancy. People that say things like that are the same types of people that are racist i think..its a dumb mindset everyone needs to be more open minded..house trance jungle happy hardcore whatever its all good in the right time and place.