Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Look what a top dj said about the nj scene..

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

When asked about the current scene in Jersey, xxxxx replies “Hmmm. NJ has definitely pushed itself to try and bring NY to its clubs but it will never be anything close. Crowd is too mixed and for the most part, very commercial. Very few club owners let the DJ do his thing and it doesn’t give the crowd a chance to venture into liking different kinds of music. So NJ will always be NJ.â€

I'll post what dj said it later, but is he right?

Does Joel tell Denny what to fucking play? I fucking dont' think so. Denny I know you know who said this, make sure you bitch smack him next time you see him...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by BRIAN1500

I think all of the DJs in NJ cater to the crowd.

Who said it?

they chant his track name all the time at temps.....

But, I would guess he does have a point with the exception of clubs such as Tempt/Denny & Merge&Metro/Richie... and even Giorgio gets to do his own thing at RS.........But I'm sure a good majority of the clubs in jersey are geared towards commercial.

I believe the above statement is true to some degree. Are nj jocks told what or how to play? not all of them but you can best believe most of them.

This is the typical attitude toward NJ nightlife... people have attempted to change it with no success.

I personally am trying to do something different at Euphoria Lounge offering people the opportunity to stretch they're musical taste. Djs ask me what to play when they come to Euphoria Lounge, I say to them "play how you play".

Peace.

Originally posted by djmikebugout

Mike Mac is a class act and that comment is being blown wayyy outta proportion....

"be confident not cocky" - his advice to younger dj's...not only is a good advice, but the man lives it. Keep doin your thing mac

Mike

Well guess what buddy I dont like his style and who are you to change my opinion.... I only like certain DJ and the rest are ok

Originally posted by badassmafuka

Who cares about Mike Macaluso he sucks anyways Richie plays what he wants and so does Denny......

sounds like someone who either has never heard Mac spin, or heard Mac while his was up his ass:laugh:

MM got tech GAME!!!!

BG

To Say that about Jerseys Clubs really doesnt make whoever said it look very smart...for a very long time Jersey has been on the map as far as club reputation and DJ quality...for a long time MANY internationals who knew the industry and were visiting NYC would flock to Newark just to hit the Zanz and hear Tony play, it hasnt been that long since he was ranked no 1 in the world among club djs..but lets put this even into a better light - Clubs, both Large and small; for example: The Loop, Hardcore, Docs, City Gardens allways were centers of diversity and non-commerciality both in reference to live and recorded music

Originally posted by ibclubbin

sounds like someone who either has never heard Mac spin, or heard Mac while his was up his ass:laugh:

MM got tech GAME!!!!

BG

yea he used to be full of cheese a few yrs back though but he's absolutely right, only one club in nj i ever spun at let me spin what i wanted with no BS. i also love when people bitch about the music at a nj club on here and the dj replies "well i cater to the crowd" how about playing what u feel is right whether its cheese or not, take some chances. instead playing the same songs week after week.

Originally posted by djmikebugout

Mike Mac is a class act and that comment is being blown wayyy outta proportion....

"be confident not cocky" - his advice to younger dj's...not only is a good advice, but the man lives it. Keep doin your thing mac

Mike

preach on...knowledge is king...he is doin his thing and taking chances...good for him

Originally posted by marktooch

preach on...knowledge is king...he is doin his thing and taking chances...good for him

hes the only local dj i can think of who has taken chances and not following the typical trends around here which is nice

Guest saleen351

If nj was next to Montana and colorado or ohio, no one would ever rag on our scene, we live next to the club capital of america and its an unfair assertion that we are commercial... We are 100 of years ahead of every states except florida and nyc.....

Jersey Clubs and DJs do their own thing, Depends on the DJ, the night, the club owner, the promoter etc as to whether the dj gets to play what he wants, but most of all it depends on the crowd. Over the years the NJ club crowd has become more educated and responsive to newer music. The crowd makes the club, and it takes a whole team of bartenders, bouncers, doormen, promoters, light guy, and a dj to make a night work. Just my opinion. I'm sure the comment is being taken way out of text and distorted, Mike is one of the nicest dj/producers I ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by magilicuti

nothing wrong with jersey. if you can't have fun in jersey then you have some holyer the thou attitude.

amen...