Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fashion victim

amber4

Somebody help please! I am going to be visiting NYC for the first time with my girlfriends and i have no idea what to wear! Can somebody tell me what most girls wear to the clubs during this time of the year. do they wear sandals, black pants, skirts,jeans, tank tops, heels???? i don't want to become a fashion victim!

We will be going to culture club and float to see a male strip show i believe. Are these clubs any good and what is the dress code.

Originally posted by amber4

Somebody help please! I am going to be visiting NYC for the first time with my girlfriends and i have no idea what to wear! Can somebody tell me what most girls wear to the clubs during this time of the year. do they wear sandals, black pants, skirts,jeans, tank tops, heels???? i don't want to become a fashion victim!

We will be going to culture club and float to see a male strip show i believe. Are these clubs any good and what is the dress code.

i don't think you have to be too concerned with what you wear at culture club...

Originally posted by amber4

I think you need to spend alittle less time on what you'll be wearing and alot more on where you'll being wearing it to.

Dont worry about what you wear, just go out and have fun! I dont really wear sandals anymore this time of year. I wear pointy boots with a high heel. Black pants are always a part of the perfect outfit. Tanktops? eh....in the summer there are really cute little tops for clubs, but this time of year I like to wear more sexy sleek type of tops. Whatever you wear you will be fine. NY is literally the melting pot of the world...you have no idea how many different types of looks you are gonig to see in one place, you honestly have nothing to worry about as long as you are comfortable.

Whatever you do dont go to Britneys new place NYLA!! Ive heard absolute horrible reviews and two people just got stabbed outside her restaurant this wknd, and she got cited by health inspectors on 2 counts for a DIRTY kitchen. This girl jsut cant cut a break

:laugh: :laugh: :tongue::laugh:

okay, so now i have all this good advice but i went out and bought a skirt and sandals to wear. thanks for your help! and i will take your advice about brittanys restaurant. Why take the risk. if i am not shot on the way out, i'm gonna die of food poisoning. but i can't wait to see new york!

Originally posted by dknybabe2929

Whatever you do dont go to Britneys new place NYLA!! Ive heard absolute horrible reviews and two people just got stabbed outside her restaurant this wknd, and she got cited by health inspectors on 2 counts for a DIRTY kitchen. This girl jsut cant cut a break

:laugh: :laugh: :tongue::laugh:

its not true. i went there the night of the stabbing, and besides that incident i thought it was a great party. i was honestly surprised that someone was stabbed because the crowd isn't "gangsta" at all.

dknybabe, don't go by what you hear. maybe the people that gave you the reviews are just party poopers who don't know how to have fun.

well, i am back from ny and i wanted to thank everyone for their help. i had a great time in ny and since it rained all weekend it didn't even matter what i wore because i was soaked anyway. i did end up going to brittanys and although the food wasn't that good, the music and the crowd were okay. i also went to a male strip show, saw a comedy show at carolines, saw a broadway show, and spent too much money shopping! i had so much and can't wait to go back but before then i need to learn to get around on the subways better!