Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tall Paul and Bad Boy Bill?

pimpineo

They have a show up here in Orlando at the House of Blues on the 13th. I haven't had the chance to catch Tall Paul but I have heard some of his work. Thumbs up by me....As far as Bad Boy Bill, the guy is completely sick. He is probably one of the best turntablists I have seen in a while. He usually incorporates very funky house with his unbelieveable style of scratching. If you are not into scratching he's not the man to see. However, he is a great mixer and is one of the very few djs who arent just about the" Fader up, Fader down" style. Very creative!! Ill be at the show up here..!!!

Just saw them here in NYC at the ROXY last week, and they were sick.

They are both Hard House DJ's, and BBB tends to be a little funkier than tall paul. Tall Paul started as a Hard house DJ 15 years ago, but got into that anthem trance shit over the last couple of years, after last thursday though, it looks like he is going back to his roots. They both do 2 hours. It will be one of your local DJ's opening, followed by about 1.5 hours of Steve Smooth, who is BBB's protoge, and tends to be a little more Soulful house than funky, but can still rock the hard beats. Then BBB will come on for about 1.5 to 2 hours....It is high energy, and he will always rock the place......I have seen him 37 times in my life (now 38), and this was a top 10 set. Tall Paul will close out the night, starting with hard house, then finishing up with some trance.......It was only $15 here in NYC, and it was worth every penny.

This is info I received :

CLUB SPACE AND HEINEKEN INVITE YOU FOR

"TALL PAUL LIVE" - FRIDAY OCTOBER 11TH

CLUB SPACE will be the location for the recording of the newest CD Compilation of Moonshine's groundbreaking "Mixed Live" series and filming the entire night, complete with crowd reactions, whistles, hollers.

==> TALL PAUL : MIXED LIVE @ CLUB SPACE

The entire Main Room will be mic'd so YOU and ALL your Friends can take center stage with Tall Paul.

All the crowd noise, screaming and whistling will emphasize the over-the-top intensity masterfully created by one of the UK's finest.

A peak-hour set of manic breakdowns and buildups, pounding bass and cymbols, hard house and funky techno will be recorded with YOU...

LIVE @ CLUB SPACE

Also appearing with Tall Paul will be Bad Boy Bill

It'll be interesting to see how this CD comes out. Those of you who will be there, will be able to hear it again once the cd comes out. Making a live cd is not an easy task, especially if they want to hear the crowd during some of the build ups. And I'm sure Tall Paul must have a set lined up because there is a lot involved in getting the rights to put songs onto cd. I'm just surprised they chose space for the mixed live night, it's not like Tall Paul comes down here often.

i heard the show was amazing at House of Blues in Chicago -

Tall Paul even threw down some old skool tracks like house of god - and Bad Boy Bill was scratchin' it up. i'm in town this week on business so i am so excited there is something like this to do while i'm down here.