Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So what other types of music do you like besides dance?

Originally posted by sassa

i like world music, classical, drum and bass, reggae, some hip hop (especially foreign hip hop is very good, wu-tang, ntm, passi, mc solar, antique, etc).....

Impressive:cool: I share ur interest in world music, hip hop, and more, neva herd of antique. What's that like:confused: :)

Originally posted by linabina

hiphop :D and b/c i was a teeny bopper all my life... i do like pop... those of u that know me i think its quite obvious lol

ur avatar is a dead give away too for those like me who don't know u, and anyway how can anyone not avoid POP, after all it is POP!!! and everywhere, whether we like it or not. It's cool 4 me though:tongue:

Originally posted by phenomenul

Impressive:cool: I share ur interest in world music, hip hop, and more, neva herd of antique. What's that like:confused: :)

antique is french hip hop.sounds pretty good. i also have drunken tiger (korean hip hop), romanian, japanese, mexican (molotov), etc.

hip hop from other countries just sounds better than the mainstream shit u see on mtv...unless it's more underground (or was) like cypress hill, wu tang, etc.

what kind of world music do you like?

I really dont listen to much dance, but I like Hard Trance, Trance, House, progressive house. Used to listen to a lot of rap and hip hop when it had some vailidity. I like classical and weird shit like Gypsy kings and Engima, and im a big fan of U2! :idea:

Originally posted by rdancer

I really dont listen to much dance, but I like Hard Trance, Trance, House, progressive house. Used to listen to a lot of rap and hip hop when it had some vailidity. I like classical and weird shit like Gypsy kings and Engima, and im a big fan of U2! :idea:

i LOVE the Gypsy Kings! I saw them in a random restaurant in DC this summer playing..they kick ass!

Has anyone ever heard of Alabina..another great group.

i have pretty eclectic tastes in music...there's always one or two pop songs out that i like, i used to listen to hip hop and some rap (DMX and the notorious B.I.G.), i like bands like U2, RHCP, Pearl Jam, love no doubt... older stuff from aerosmith, led zeppelin, acdc, bruce springsteen, billy joel...fiona apple, tori amos... MADONNA... have a weak spot for mariah carey...

i love the gypsy kings as well, i steal cd's from my dad's collection... loveeee blues and jazz... billie holiday, ella fitzgerald, etta james... what amazing voices...

yeah i pretty much like everything as long as its not on the radio 24/7 :D

Originally posted by phenomenul

POLKA????Unbelievable....:laugh: the furtherest fro what I would think a DJ on this board would liek....:cool:

Yes its true. Can't Help smiling when I hear a good happy Polka!

Weird Al Yankovic started me on this problem.

Dam him.