Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How was Jay Tripwire?

mrjoebudious

Well said Purple, you hit the nai;l on the head..

Oh & Oscar..

Picked up Murk/ Circles yesterday. kick but..:D

Originally posted by purpleindigo

Interesting thread.......

You can take it both ways, however - I agree with Tony..and I sympathize with Demo...

We have been doing diverse nights on Sobe for 3 years - not always with international talent, but always slightly away from the norm. You gotta understand as a promoter if 500 are on the list - expect 50 - even more so when you are offering something as diverse as Tripwire.

I think you were also unfortunate with your timing. timo maas, John Kelly - Tall Paul the night b4 - Big football game.....

Miami is a tourist town, and the stark reality is the majority of tourists (and even locals in some cases) have heard of Crobar, Level & Space - because of international acclaim. as far as the DJ's go Timo Maas, John Kelly, Tall Paul - again international commercial acclaim...

That said I am not disprespecting djs Like Tripwire, but when you take into consideration the masses - not the muso's - you will probably find you get blank stares when you mention "underground" dj's names.

CP is a small community of musicaly minded people.... the majority of Miami isn't.

Miami is a tiny area surrounded by swamp - London, LA, Chicago and NYC aren't.

I have said a million times put DJ XYZ here and it would bomb - put him in NYC and you have the roof off.

Respect to you for trying something different - there aren't many of us who do. But don't get bitter at the results... Gotta face the Reality of what Miami is, and make the most of it...........

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay and Tyler are two of the coolest cat's out there :cool:

But, it was disappointing to see the turnaround last night :( Both Jay and Tyler had rocking set's from start to finish. nice fawking choons they were dropping! and they also tagged up for the latter part of they're set which was awesome...

people missed out on a good night

i understand that the aquabooty guys need "love" too, but they've been running strong for a while now. u've got 2 of the top up and coming dj's in town for the night. music that you just don't hear every weekend and not your avg. b.s. club and crowd to deal with. ppl putting forth the effort to provide something ELSE...something ppl have been asking for. and this is what they get?

weak

it's sad to say that the turnout was weak,but the music wuz off da chain.jay and da t-bone are some really cool katz.it's funny how people talk and don't represent when it comes to it.thanks to marick for the work you put in for this and the hook up.thanks to all else involved for making this happen.please don't let this be the death of something that may blossom later.look at space when they started it was tough for them.

Originally posted by phrankadelic

i understand that the aquabooty guys need "love" too, but they've been running strong for a while now. u've got 2 of the top up and coming dj's in town for the night. music that you just don't hear every weekend and not your avg. b.s. club and crowd to deal with. ppl putting forth the effort to provide something ELSE...something ppl have been asking for. and this is what they get?

weak

I have a doctors note that I'm going to give to craig. It's signed.

attachment.php?s=&postid=1078662

Welp ... I was at yet another club on Saturday night ... opening the room at Exile with some Garage and trying to turn people on to yet another style that gets no respect in Miami :tongue: Talk about an underground ... try having a night with drum'n'bass and garage in the main room and see how you have to fight for a crowd!

After that ... I went to Lola where I always wind up on Saturdays. What can I say, Saturday is tough. Don't let it stop you from trying to push what you love ... if it's runnin' it will work out in the end eventually.

Tripwire and Stadius were in Atlanta that Thursday prior to coming to Miami.

You guys think this event was weak???

How about them playing to a club with less than 40 people in attendance??

Actually it was probably half of that, but I had to leave early and friends say things didnt pick up at all.

The guys who brought them 4 on The Floor Productions are doing their damndest to bring quality house music to Atlanta with very disappointing results.

Everyone talks shit, but I realize that only a few actually give a damn, and give thought to supporting the quality talent that comes through.

Keep your heads up and keep booking the talent! Nothing is ever easy...

Cheers to phrankadelic!

Originally posted by purpleindigo

Interesting thread.......

You can take it both ways, however - I agree with Tony..and I sympathize with Demo...

We have been doing diverse nights on Sobe for 3 years - not always with international talent, but always slightly away from the norm. You gotta understand as a promoter if 500 are on the list - expect 50 - even more so when you are offering something as diverse as Tripwire.

I think you were also unfortunate with your timing. timo maas, John Kelly - Tall Paul the night b4 - Big football game.....

Miami is a tourist town, and the stark reality is the majority of tourists (and even locals in some cases) have heard of Crobar, Level & Space - because of international acclaim. as far as the DJ's go Timo Maas, John Kelly, Tall Paul - again international commercial acclaim...

That said I am not disprespecting djs Like Tripwire, but when you take into consideration the masses - not the muso's - you will probably find you get blank stares when you mention "underground" dj's names.

CP is a small community of musicaly minded people.... the majority of Miami isn't.

Miami is a tiny area surrounded by swamp - London, LA, Chicago and NYC aren't.

I have said a million times put DJ XYZ here and it would bomb - put him in NYC and you have the roof off.

Respect to you for trying something different - there aren't many of us who do. But don't get bitter at the results... Gotta face the Reality of what Miami is, and make the most of it...........

Have to recognize the courage you guys have to bring new talent to the table. And to educate all of us who can only learn so much and so fast.

As purpleindigo tells you, 10% of who you think is in the bag actually shows up.

It comes I guess to economics and marketing. You guys did what you were supposed to do: flyers, guestlist, posters...

Guess what. There are only so many out there that will go out on a given Friday or Saturday. And they go where: Crobar, Level, Space.

Now, this places bring big talent that is direct competition with your event. They have bigger budgets, bigger name DJs recognizable by the masses, places that get packed by 70% of people who don't even know who is playing that night. That leaves you with a dilemma. Why become a promoter on a weekend when it is going to be almost impossible to succeed?

My suggestion, become a promoter on a night when you can get the atention of 100% of the music lovers. Those who will end up at the three bigger clubs on a weekend. Bring the talent on a Tuesday, Wedenesday or Thursday.

For example, Big DJ Little Club at Lola is doing this every other Thursday. I'm not sure of what is going on at Level on Thursdays, but we all know Space is closed and Crobar has hip-hop (just to break my b@lls they will send The SHow to Lola on the 24th of OCt. cause MTV rented Crobar and will have Roger Sanchez there).

But going back to my point, you have week nights that have better chances of attracting more people. Your own night would be certainly stronger on a Tuesday, or Wednesday. I'm sure Stryke's night at Red would also be stronger on a weekday, because whenever any of us wants to go out during the week there is no quality night, with almost any exception.

In conclusion: It is tuff to market a product if there is less demand. Study your night, look for a night that has a potential, and keep the promoting. Even though there are less people that go out during the week, there is almost no competition.

There are few exceptions to this rule, and they happen to be at the same club, Lola. Aquabooty covers a musical niche without almost any competition, good work Joe Budious. Fridays for Phat Music Sessions has two great DJs who have gained their following in the true underground (outside Clubs, = warehouses). I saw them once in a warehouse party and waited for a month to receive an e-mail of the next party. And it ended being a residency at Lola. Good work Marco Davalos.

I'm a fan of Lola for this reason. Not because of trendy girls or because of a hook-up at the door or bar. I pay my $5 to get in and have two or three beers. With $20 I'm done. Big DJ Little Club does the same for me for an extra $2 only.

It's a point of view to consider. "I'll rather be the head of a mouse than the tail of a Lion". And as a promoter you can't built what the club owners haven't done for you..........

Cheers,

Vip

Yeah they seemed to be having a blast here too. But when its midnight and theres 25 people in a club that is just pitiful. Especially when there's alot of excitement about seeing the deejays from a lot of people. I just hate to see friends lose money bringing quality talent that should have more people in attendance.

Originally posted by djoscarg

It is quantity if you ever want to see them again....

Or.........., maybe we will start to see a new wave of free talent at clubs everywhere, and lets say, have at the same time a fulltime job in the PR department of some multinational liquor company:laugh: :laugh:

It really sucks for the post-chemical generation DJs. But at least they can keep up with their love for music.

Vip

Guest saleen351

Wow I never read this thread.

Why do u guys simply use all these weird names for your parties?

Lunar Sessions? <SOUNDS LIKE A WINE AND CHEESE OUTDOOR JAZZ FESTIVAL

Ongaku? < JAPS HAVE NEVER BEEN COOL

aquabooty? <SCREAMS CHEESE

FABRIC? <SEEMS SOMTHING MY MOM WOULD ENJOY....

etc...

IT IS JUST GAY AND CONFUSES THE HELL OUT OF ME. I'M LESS RELUCTANT TO GO TO A CLUB TO SEE THESE GUYS WITH ALL THIS SHIT. WE STICK TO WHAT WE KNOW..

IN NJ THEY DO THIS:

TEMPS WITH DENNY TSETTOS

MERGE WITH RYDELL

ABYSS WITH DEEPDISH

BUNKA WITH RICHIE SANATANA

YOU FOCKERS HAVE ALL THIS WEIRD SHIT.

WRITE THIS TERM DOWN ALL YOU CRYING PROMOTERS

K.I.S.S

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID....

I'VE NEVER HEARD OF JAY AND T BONE OR TRIPWIRE OR WHAT EVERY THE FUCK THEY ARE CALLED.

NOW SEEMS YOU DJS AND CLUB PROMOTERS NEED SOME BUSINESS SCHOOL. TOO MANY CLUBS, NOT ENOUGH CLUBBERS. SOBE IS A NIGGA HELL. < YEA I SAID IT, HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT THEN PUNCH ME IN THE MOUTH IN THE VIP SECTION THIS WEEK AT SPACE OR SHUT THE FUCK UP... THE CLUB OWNERS NEED TO REGULATE SOBE. I DON'T CARE WHO THE FUCK IS SPINING. I ONLY HAVE A 30 SEC WALK TO SPACE FROM MY CAR, I DONT' HAVE TO DEAL WITH "YO YO YO, YO YO YO, MY SHIZZA WITH MY NIGGAS, WHERE MY HOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS AT, BEOCH.. I GOT MY 39 FOOT DUBS ON MY CREDIT CADDY!" SAME REASON NO ONE WENT TO YANKEE STADIUM IN THE LATE 80'S AND EARLY NINTIES. WELL THEY SUCKED, BUT WINFIELD AND MY MAN DONNY BASEBALL WERE A HUGE DRAW, BUT THE WALK TO THE STADIUM WAS REALLY SCARY... SOBE IS A DUMP! THE MONEY IS GONE!!!!!! ONLY WAY I SEE IT CHANGING IS WITH THESE HOTEL CHAINS PUTTING PRESSURE ON THE CITY! THE CHILLI PEPPER IS COMMING AND I'M PRAYING IT TAKES OFF, NO MORE SOBE! I WISH EXILE WOULD DO SOMETHING. SEEMS THEY ARE A COLLEGE PROJECT ON HOW FAST TO GO INTO CHAPTER 11... (PROBABLY GONNA BREAK THE WORLD RECORD)

THEY SHOULD JUST START BUILDING FERRARI DEALERSHIPS IN THE HOOD! THAT IS THE EQUIVLANT OF WHAT THESE CLUB OWNERS HAVE TO DEAL WITH! SO DON'T BLAME THE CLUBBERS, LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND REALIZE ITS MORE THEN TALENT...

AND FOR WHO EVER SAID SPIN IS UNDERGROUND, PLEASE STICK YOUR HAND IN A BLENDER...

FOR ALL COMPLAINTS SEE ME IN THE PATIO VIP THIS WEEK....

Originally posted by saleen351

Wow I never read this thread.

Why do u guys simply use all these weird names for your parties?

Lunar Sessions? <SOUNDS LIKE A WINE AND CHEESE OUTDOOR JAZZ FESTIVAL

Ongaku? < JAPS HAVE NEVER BEEN COOL

aquabooty? <SCREAMS CHEESE

FABRIC? <SEEMS SOMTHING MY MOM WOULD ENJOY....

etc...

IT IS JUST GAY AND CONFUSES THE HELL OUT OF ME. I'M LESS RELUCTANT TO GO TO A CLUB TO SEE THESE GUYS WITH ALL THIS SHIT. WE STICK TO WHAT WE KNOW..

IN NJ THEY DO THIS:

TEMPS WITH DENNY TSETTOS

MERGE WITH RYDELL

ABYSS WITH DEEPDISH

BUNKA WITH RICHIE SANATANA

YOU FOCKERS HAVE ALL THIS WEIRD SHIT.

WRITE THIS TERM DOWN ALL YOU CRYING PROMOTERS

K.I.S.S

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID....

I'VE NEVER HEARD OF JAY AND T BONE OR TRIPWIRE OR WHAT EVERY THE FUCK THEY ARE CALLED.

NOW SEEMS YOU DJS AND CLUB PROMOTERS NEED SOME BUSINESS SCHOOL. TOO MANY CLUBS, NOT ENOUGH CLUBBERS. SOBE IS A NIGGA HELL. < YEA I SAID IT, HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT THEN PUNCH ME IN THE MOUTH IN THE VIP SECTION THIS WEEK AT SPACE OR SHUT THE FUCK UP... THE CLUB OWNERS NEED TO REGULATE SOBE. I DON'T CARE WHO THE FUCK IS SPINING. I ONLY HAVE A 30 SEC WALK TO SPACE FROM MY CAR, I DONT' HAVE TO DEAL WITH "YO YO YO, YO YO YO, MY SHIZZA WITH MY NIGGAS, WHERE MY HOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS AT, BEOCH.. I GOT MY 39 FOOT DUBS ON MY CREDIT CADDY!" SAME REASON NO ONE WENT TO YANKEE STADIUM IN THE LATE 80'S AND EARLY NINTIES. WELL THEY SUCKED, BUT WINFIELD AND MY MAN DONNY BASEBALL WERE A HUGE DRAW, BUT THE WALK TO THE STADIUM WAS REALLY SCARY... SOBE IS A DUMP! THE MONEY IS GONE!!!!!! ONLY WAY I SEE IT CHANGING IS WITH THESE HOTEL CHAINS PUTTING PRESSURE ON THE CITY! THE CHILLI PEPPER IS COMMING AND I'M PRAYING IT TAKES OFF, NO MORE SOBE! I WISH EXILE WOULD DO SOMETHING. SEEMS THEY ARE A COLLEGE PROJECT ON HOW FAST TO GO INTO CHAPTER 11... (PROBABLY GONNA BREAK THE WORLD RECORD)

THEY SHOULD JUST START BUILDING FERRARI DEALERSHIPS IN THE HOOD! THAT IS THE EQUIVLANT OF WHAT THESE CLUB OWNERS HAVE TO DEAL WITH! SO DON'T BLAME THE CLUBBERS, LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND REALIZE ITS MORE THEN TALENT...

AND FOR WHO EVER SAID SPIN IS UNDERGROUND, PLEASE STICK YOUR HAND IN A BLENDER...

FOR ALL COMPLAINTS SEE ME IN THE PATIO VIP THIS WEEK....

Hey, thanx for recognizing Lunar Sessions Saleen.. I believed you mentioned it somewhere throughout the "pio, pio, pio" u went off sayin... ;)

Pio Pio = Baby chicken talk. aka the sound little baby chickens make when they open their mouth.

No offense, u know I'll always have love fo ya. I just don't agree with the Ferrari's in the hood comment...;)