Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sneakers or shoes to dance to in a club?

vipnerd

Inspired by the dress code thread for Space, I wonder with you Cpers, why can't we just wear sneakers if apparently all of us dance our @$$e$ off every weekend?

A fired up dancefloor is what builds the energy at a club. So what's wrong, especially if most clubs are hurting!!!

My proposition:

No sneakers in the VIP of any club, don't care if they are Prada or Puma.:nono:

Main dancefloor is to dance. If you want to limit yourself go with shoes. But this should be the clubgoer's decision. Sneakers should rule. :rock:

Can anyone distinguish the shoes of the person dancing next to you? Does anyone really care to look down....:huh:

Vip:afro:

Where the hell have you been? The clubs have been pretty laid back since WMC.....as long as you don't look like trailer trash you can wear sneakers, trainers, tennis shoes what - eva. Hell I got in to Crobar for Danny Howells in pajama pants! :D

Originally posted by joeygk

Where the hell have you been? The clubs have been pretty laid back since WMC.....as long as you don't look like trailer trash you can wear sneakers, trainers, tennis shoes what - eva. Hell I got in to Crobar for Danny Howells in pajama pants! :D

Been everywhere, door staff at any club won't bother me. They could have been laid back as you said, but that isn't my point, if they are laid back or not.

It comes to make it a policy. The day someone shows up and the doorman is in a bad mood, you might have to go back home...

I have plenty of anecdotes... hey well, I guess you get the point now.......:rolleyes:

Vip

Originally posted by str8upcore

I always sport my DIESEL square toe sneakers they look fly and very comfortable to dance in never had a problem getting in anywhere with em !

Guess that brand/style is a personal taste.

Point is a category of footwear. Shoulodn't sneakers be allowed at any main dancefloor???:confused:

At least in the clubs who are there defending the music we love and not the clubs that are about being seen:vomit3:

Vip

Originally posted by james954

i think most major miami clubs have stepped back from the no sneakers policy. thank god. they actually do seem to be listening to the punters. nice move.

Thanks for the info........

Will feel confortable when each club/promoter makes it official...:eek:

Will hate to misinform any clubgoer, especially a tourist. :goofy:

Vip

• 2 years later...

03HALFCAB_00.jpg

Good grip, firm stomp, funk potentiality increased by aproximately 75% in total, final and overall performance...yup! :half:

:party:

If they're good for skateboarding they're good for everything...sk8 & rel8 :biggrin:

Someone should get a Vans representation here at the beach, closest decent store to get them is on Sunset Mall...the ass of the world! :eek:

I get them black so I can sneak in on sneakers, I rarely had problems with dress codes...it must be my golden diamond incrusted front tooth, I don't know. :spin:

i almost ALWAYS wear sneakers to Space....but they usually are black sneakers so its not quite so noticable....When im dancing like that, i just cant imagine trying to teeter around in heels--ridiculous! Space is a hard core dancing club---save the dress shoes for the VIP lounge!

Guest onisakura
that trailer trash look is (still) hot right now...

That is true.....

I think the "No Sneakers" policy is mainly in place to allow the doorstaff to turn away the ghetto "yo-my's" that come to the club looking like they borrowed their clothes from Shaq. I haven't really seen them enforcing it in a while.