Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Holy Shit...The OFFICIAL DJ Tiesto Review

acura

Lemme start off by thanking Bob Goodrich, Roxy Scott and the rest of the Roxy staff who has been nothing but kind and hospitable to us. Alot of people don't realize the good that Bob Goodrich is doing for this scene right now.

What a sick night. Anyone who said they will not attend Roxy for international talent because "of the usual Roxy crowd" , would prove to be sorely mistaken. Last night Roxy was packed from wall to wall with educated Trance and Tiesto fans. The club was not at all overly packed, there was the perfect amount of dance space and yet the club was still crowded.

Noel Sanger opened up with a sick set;the guys mixing,progression,programming,track selection, etc. was flawless. He played a lil harder around 1:45 and had the crowd ready for Tiesto. Me and Deb had an opportunity to talk to Noel towards the end of the night. The guy is a real class act. We got pics and autographs and conversed for about 30 minutes. He has a cd coming out pretty soon.

The Phazon was tweaked, the club was looking tight with the visual displays, and the crowd was ready. The vibe was there; I haven't felt the vibe in a while. It's reincarnation was immense .

3 oclock came all too soon and Tiesto took the reigns. Shout out to Roninmess who started 2 HUGE Tiesto chants. Tiesto bounced in the booth the whole time;his set was a masterful. From Opening to 635 when we left i was not bored once, nor could I stop moving. :bounce:

Met some new people, Zeeker and wallflour are the only names I can muster up. The Roxy faithfuls represented strong: Deb,Bugout,Rob,Sabina,Lynne,Alan,Mike,Art,Steve,Randall,Dimitri.Karch where were you?!Sorry if I forgot anyone, but my head is splitting at the time being. It was nice to see some newer faces, sorry i cannot remember your names.

Also nice seeing Serg,Jay,Bogb,Tamara,pk1,nympho69,DaVe

Saw some trancEaddict heads as well :)

That is all i can conjure up for the time being. If last night was even a MERE indication of what Roxy has in store for us this fall and winter, the scene in NYC is about to get a whole lot more interesting.

Larry

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man i gotta agree, tiesto's set was nuts. as soon as the man went up there to the dj booth the whole place just went insane. glad to finally hear some trance layed down on the phazon. and it really wasn't as packed as i thought, i mean there were definitely more people there than i've seen on any regular night, but there was still room to kinda dance, more so toward the end of the night. good night in all. the only comment i don't agree with is about the first dj. he didn't do nearly enough to pump people up for tiesto in my opinion. they didn't even turn the volume up to regular levels until probably an hour and an half till tiesto got there. and he kept throwing breaks in there and overall just putting my to sleep with the low volume and low energy tracks. i don't know, i just wanted something to warm up with before the man got to the tables.

larry's review topic selection perfectly describes the night in 2 words

HOLY SHIT...as me and robin walked around yelling out loud all night....

Lemme start from the top.....Longgg ass line--I knew it was gonna be a good night when i drove by the line on my way to park blasting Lethal Industry and got a reaction from some peeps on line at 1130-- After giving robin, larry and debbie "the wave" we rolled in and met up with THE MAN (not tiesto, hes not human) Bobby Goodrich.

His plans that are being set in motion not only for roxy but for the music and club scene in NY are reeeediculous. There is a reason he's been in the game this long, and wait until NYC sees what the future holds. I understand last night was a made event but just wait for some of the events upcoming announced and unannouced and my only advice to everyone is Roxy is where u should be every friday.....not only b/c of the talent that is ANNOUCED, but more importantly the special guest appearances, sets, ect that will not be announced. U dont wanna get stuck reading about these things on cp the next day. ANyway, much thanks to bob g and the whole roxy staff doin it up correct.

The place was looking great--lights were sick, Made's lasers and visuals they brought in were nice...

A word about the Crowd....It was the perfect mix of all walks of people. You had the normal Roxy georgous crowd u come to expect at roxy, you had Ravers, you had everyone...I cant say there was one denomination in there that outnumbered any other. It was great, best crowd I've seen, something for everyone. Over here was a glowsticking circle, over there was a SF kinda Dancing Circle, over here people chillin, over there people drinking EVERYWHERE people dancing---If the crowd is like that every friday, NO ONE has a right to complain. AT least IMO. To each his own...

The Hip Hop room underwent an exorcism and looked AMAZING--VIP'd out, tables, plush couches, chill atmosphere. I asked u bobby, pleaseeee keep it like that and put the hip hop in the other room. Me, Larry and Debbie chilled in the VIP till about 2am before we pulled a "caeser like" move and hit the balcony to preside of the roxy faithful :laugh: I gotta see those pics. At 2am we walked down to really take a close listen to Noel, who had been rippin it all the while.

Noel was awesome, great energy and as larry said, flawless mixing programming and great selection. Another early sign of things to come was during Noel's set around 1230, people were cheering and whistling during his builds, and it was madd early. Great job by Noel. But as 3am approached, we moved to floor to truely experience what we had all been waiting for......not just Tiesto-- but TIESTO ON THE PHAZON--

3-7 this man said fuck u bloomberg I run NYC tonight. I hate to use the cliche, "throw ur hands in the air trance anthems" b/c that is the description record companies usually use to sell records, but literally everything he played was that....Robin starts the first of many TI ES TO chants that had roxy shaking down to its foundations. Trance into HARD TRANCE i never heard tiesto play that hard into some NASTY TECH back into trance. The Man conducted his set like a conductor does an orchestra. Around 630 or so I got to go in the booth and thats where i stayed. First watching this guy mix flawlessly like it was another cup of coffee, but then watching the whole roxy crowd show this man love. He gets to go city to city and deal with THAT everywhere. This man has the life, and its b/c he has the talent. He also puts so much energy into his sets, bouncing jumping, he stuck his arms out during Southern Sun mimicing flying like a bird when she sings "cuz its easier to fly"....His whole set people handed him posters, flyers and magazines to sign and provided that they didnt hit the tables, he signed them ALL. At one pt he took a magazine and then kinda stood back reading it with his hand on his chin and an interested look on his face, funniest thing I've seen a dj do.

Some tracks, Shed my Skin, Summer calling airwave mix, 643, lethal, NEBUCHAN (Quothhh u missed it!!) we came, taub 2002 for u picotto freaks, datax, umeck, lots of new shit as well, im shot so I'll come back and name more...

He ends his set on an uplifting note at 7am as he manager instructed him to. Only problem was, there was still about 1500 people in the roxy at 7AM chanting TI ES TO--so a sick 25 min encore takes place...me robin and sabina got to MEET tiesto and talk with him for a minute...very chill guy, spoke good english. Said how he lOVED the system and how roxy was a very nice club

(ehhhemmm ministry of sound rated number 7 on the world, with only shelter and arc and roxy as the only nyc clubs on that top 20 list...ehhhem) I got to meet TIESTO...HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

Madd CP heads in attendance, shouts to the usual suspects Roninesto, Sabina, Larry, Debbie (lets work on that anterage), Arty, Mike, Alan, Steve, Linabugout, Randall, Ghhhhost, Jay, Dmitry, nice seeing again Pk1 and nice meeting xtreme-1 and ZEEKER (defender of exit :laugh: ) hope ya'll had fun... Im prolly forgetting people but i had fun chilling dancing and goin ballistic with all of you--the sick part is this is just the beginning of what may shape up to be the best clubbin year some of us have ever seen, with (PVD, Sasha, Carl Cox, AVB, Ferry Cortsen, ____, and ____, and also ______ ) on the way, uummmm...holy shit. Why would u go anywhere else?

Im burnt out and this novel is over.

Peace & Love

Mike Bugout

Yep, last night was definatley worth it.(It meaning the $50 at the door) At first I was skeptical about Tiesto @ Roxy, I was afraid that it might be like the horror story I heard when he was at Exit.

But man, am I glad I decided to go last minute.

Me and Vince Klortho got into the city by exactly 2:58 a.m.

2 min. until "He" comes on to the dj booth.

We park the truck and go out to see if we aren't blocking the driveway. All of a sudden we notice this girl standing in front of her locked SUV w/ the keys inside. That sux. :(

Then we go to open up the doors to our truck and guess what?

LOCKED W/ THE KEYS IN THE IGNITION. Now that

REALLY sux! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

All of a sudden a tow truck pulls right up in front of us.:D

And this all happened within 38.7 seconds(give or take a few sec.). No joke.

The tow truck guy hooked it up in a matter of 5 minutes and unlocked both locked cars.

This is how our night starts.

Time check and it is now 3:05. We missed his grand entrance but we are glad we are in the place to be for the night ,Roxy.

Haven't been to the place in about 2 years and notice minor changes(Phazon:clap: , bigger dance floor :aright: )

Tiesto was ubelievable from start to finish. He really is in a class of his own. The guy was all smiles the whole night and hooking everyone up w/ autographs in the stage area WHILE he was spinnin'. Fuckin Awesome. My favorite part of the night was when he dropped Lethal Indusrty, what a sick track! Thousand hands in the air and everyone jumping out of their shoes, priceless!

Yo, to all you Cp heads I was chillin w/ last night-

You people are the shiznit!!!!! Fo' shizzle!!!!

I know it's a long review but deal w/ it cuz I hardly ever post any mo'.

Great Night! It was such a pleasure to hear Tiesto play @ roxy. The club looked great with all the decorations and the cool screens with Tiesto graphics and trippy effects ( I hope this stays ). Uhhh! where were all the couches? As if anyone was sitting :)! Had a great time with the usual company. The music was insane, and I can't wait for COX and PVD. Roxy really is a great club with great service, and a good staff.

I can't believe he dropped the happiness track, def. one of my new favorites :D. BTW did he drop Flight 643 at 6:43 AM ?:eek:

All I have to say is this: I am _NOT_ (!!!!!!) Taking my lame sister with me again (I had to leave around 5:50) - Tiesto was fucking off the hook, he played his best set _EVER_, a lot of deep techy and uplifting stuff I've never heard before.... hands down, ladies and gents, HANDS MOTHAFUCKNIG DOWN FOR TIESTO!!!!!

This is the second time I saw him live - Area:2 was NOTHING in comparison to what happened last night!!!!!

Glad to see some peeps I met @ Area:2 in Camden =o))

BTW hello to all, 'cause I believe this is my first post on NY board =o)))

and by the way--Mr Big Poppa Nils who was absent--

you'll be pleased to know that tiesto's 30 min encore began with

Umek-Gatex (tiesto mix) MIXED INTO

Poney-Vitalic :eek: SHIT RIPPPPPPPPPPED THRU THE CLUB...sick....ahhh i saw him pull out the vinyl and thought--where is that freak (meaning u:D )

Mike Bugout

agreed with everything said.... last night was great. i just loved the way that tiesto responded to the crowd the entire night, especially at the end.... he was just soaking it up and having a great time himself. his own enthusiasm definately added into a better experience. this was my first time seeing tiesto, and i stayed for the whole set. he never let down and it was better then i anticipated. just a great night

WOW !! im glad im reading this great review !! i will be at TIESTO tonight here in miami @ club SPACE !! IM SOOOOOOOO SIKED !! last time he was here he went off !! well , im out.. gotta go rest & get my glowstix ready :laugh: its gonna be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG night !!! peace out & im happy everyone enjoyed themselves !!

THE FEELING I GOT WHEN HE DROPED SOUTHERN SUN WITH THE VIBE FROM THE CLUB, THE PHAZON BOOMIN AND TIESTO IN THE BOOTH WITH A SMILE ON HIS FACE GOIN CRAZY

IT WAS PRICELESS THAT SONG GIVES ME GOOSEBUMPS

HE IS ABSOLUTLY AMAZING

IT SEEMED HE HAD ALOT OF FUN AT ROXY AND ROXY LOVED HIM BACK SO HOPEFULLY NEXT TIME HE IS IN TOWN HE WILL COME TO ROXY AGAIN

Originally posted by djmikebugout

and by the way--Mr Big Poppa Nils who was absent--

you'll be pleased to know that tiesto's 30 min encore began with

Umek-Gatex (tiesto mix) MIXED INTO

Poney-Vitalic :eek: SHIT RIPPPPPPPPPPED THRU THE CLUB...sick....ahhh i saw him pull out the vinyl and thought--where is that freak (meaning u:D )

Mike Bugout

Tiesto remixed Gatex?!?!?! The original is ridiculous! MOTHERFUCKER BETTER NOT HAVE FUCKED IT UP!!! :cuss:

Originally posted by drunkhunk

THE FEELING I GOT WHEN HE DROPED SOUTHERN SUN WITH THE VIBE FROM THE CLUB, THE PHAZON BOOMIN AND TIESTO IN THE BOOTH WITH A SMILE ON HIS FACE GOIN CRAZY

IT WAS PRICELESS THAT SONG GIVES ME GOOSEBUMPS

HE IS ABSOLUTLY AMAZING

IT SEEMED HE HAD ALOT OF FUN AT ROXY AND ROXY LOVED HIM BACK SO HOPEFULLY NEXT TIME HE IS IN TOWN HE WILL COME TO ROXY AGAIN

no doubt... i couldnt help but sing along

Tiesto definatly dropped a bomb on Roxy...

Very Good night. Im not all about soo many crowds mixed together though. It gets a lil frightning sometimes. All in all i had a blast even thoguht i was falling alseep standing up. (NO sleep the night before) I wish i had the energy. Ive never heard of Noel but he is good people. I got a chance to talk to him. Down to earth kinda guy.

Ive been waiting to hear Carl fucking Cox..... Never got the privAlege.

See you all For Hurricane COx!!

Originally posted by trancerxn112

no doubt... i couldnt help but sing along

werd u an me both!!! yo i won t lie last night was up there with some of my best nights TIESTO!!!! lol maaan.......... the visuals, the vibe, an the crowd (specially the crowd!!) oh an of course the DJ all were bangin thats what i like bout him he feeds off the crowd an u can tell when hes havin fun to everyone i saw always a pleasure to those i met for the first time good meetin u wish he could have dun a couple of encores:eek: :D to those that missed it well.... har har.... an when he dropped southern sun oooohweeee..!!! i was in my element for those that dunno who i am was the dude with the red wife beater an ufos with the yellow/green an blue gstix with the fotons ...oO(oh......... the colors!!!) if u were there till the end u saw me all the way at the front dancin my ass off for what felt like an eternity:tounge: now on to sasha!!! howells!!! PVD!!!!!:eek: ...oO(damn imma be soooooooo broke)

BTW, much props to management an staff at roxy ya ll are werkin ur asses off tryin to put ny back on the map keep up the good werk

to get to roxy from queens: 2hrs

all the lightshows given: at least 13

thinkin ppl were throwin shit at me when it was really light: trippy

seein tiesto rip shit up again: PRICELESS

there's not a whole lot to say about last night that hasn't been said already. easily one of my more memorable nights in a club. Tiesto is simply the man. I seriously couldn't sit still all day yesterday because of my anticipation for this event.

got there around 1:00, a little later then i hoped, as a result of one of my less then smart friends inhaling about 5 too many V and RB's before we left. So, after we tucked his sorry ass in bed for the night, we hopped in the car and blasted Tiesto tracks until we parked. The line when we got there really wasn't that bad at all. You could tell right away it was a different crowd then normally shows up to roxy on a Friday night. Even on line you could sense how excited everyone in the club was. Place was packed, but there was definitely room to move around.

For starters, Noel Sanger is just nasty. I really wasn't too familiar with him before last night, but the man tore it up. His energy was just awesome. There was one song that I'm dying to find, but I doubt my description will be of any help. It was a trancier track, with a female vocal. He was actually singing along to it throughout the entire song. One word of the song stands out, and it was "flesh"....I think. :confused: The song was sick, and I need to find it. Thanks for any help. Although I was really feeling him, I have to admit, I kind of wanted him to get off, just because I couldn't control my excitement for Tiesto.

Tiesto gets up in the booth around 3 and the whole place blows up. Girls were actually trying to climb up into the booth, just to touch the guy. I have to admit, I was a little star struck myself. He was nothing short of amazing from when he went on, until 5:30 when I had to leave. My friends wanted to leave, and my night had been perfect, so I wasn't that dissapointed about leaving early.

Finally met some of you CP'ers. Not the crazed Exit-hating Nazis I expected. Very cool people. Look forward to seeing you all out at Exit for Deep Dish next month.

;)

Again, amazing night.

Funniest moment in the night...

As we're leaving, I make a quick trip to the bathroom. As I'm peeing, the guy next to me says..."YOOOO, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS GUY???!!!"

I was still pretty retarded and reply, "Yo, Tiesto is my daddy" The guy looks at me and goes" YO, HE'S MY DADDY TOO!" Next thing I know, three other guys all taking a piss next to me all shout the same thing. Again, me being fucked up, i reply, "WE'RE ALL BROTHERS!!!" Everyone goes nuts, and on the way out one of the guys comes over to me and gives me this big hug and tells me to keep in touch. Granted, I'd never seen him in my life. Eh, i guess you just had to be there.

There was one song that I'm dying to find, but I doubt my description will be of any help. It was a trancier track, with a female vocal. He was actually singing along to it throughout the entire song. One word of the song stands out, and it was "flesh"....I think.

Jan Johnston "Flesh"

Old, but beautiful, classic track