Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why did everyone think tiesto was so good?

I dont understand why everyone thought tiesto was so good nothing he played on friday night impressed me at all , heard like three hard tracks all night, the rest were all happy trance crap,where was all the boomers slammin us around there was none of that but thank god for carl cox and pvd, they will show us all what its about next week, tiestos set was boring... Ill save my $50 bucs next time.... Sorry this is just my thoughts about friday but if u had a good time thats great just not everyone did.......I guesse ill stick to Arc and there dj's, if anyone really wants to hear an insane set check out sven vath next time no that guy is fierce in what he lays down......

You're thinking is reasonable, but if you've listened to any of the Tiesto tracks recently from Kazaa or Soulseek, you'll hear that Tiesto isn't just about getting the hard beats out. He's an artist, and his sets and mixes are all about the beauty of music.

Sure there are hard DJs out there, but if you want DEEP and HARD, is there really anyone like Jonathon? Hopefully you're not in this category, but I know a lot of people who're so into Peter's progressive house that they can't accept anything else. All other trance becomes a "Lite Beer" to them...

I used to like tiesto a lot, but time changes, so does the style and taste. He is very talented.. VERRRRYYYYY talented. He really knows how to work the crowd, not everybody can do that. I went to hear him spin @ Limelight, World, Exit twice, and now Roxy, so i only missed Area. He is very good when you hear him spin live, its like an atmosphere in the club that he creates, that makes music actually sound better. On the other hand I have like more than 20 of his live sets and sometimes i just get bored listening to them and most of the time prefer Ferry Corsten or Blank & Jones.

bro first of all ur saying thank god for PVD, bro PVD isnt that good and he plays a lot lighter shit then tiesto does. Tiesto knows what people want he tries to play everything and he played some trancy shit yeah,but thats because thats what the people were there for. If u want techno which CARL COX is the man for. then be there halloween , but comparing PVD to Tiesto is not a go dog.

to be honest here, Tiesto is amazzzing, but for that style of trance, Ferry Corsten tops him by a narrow margin. As for PVD, he just sets this incredible beat that you can't stop dancing to, thats why I would pick:

1. PVD

2. Ferry Corsten

3. Tiesto

4. AVB

Originally posted by biatchzxz

bro first of all ur saying thank god for PVD, bro PVD isnt that good and he plays a lot lighter shit then tiesto does. Tiesto knows what people want he tries to play everything and he played some trancy shit yeah,but thats because thats what the people were there for. If u want techno which CARL COX is the man for. then be there halloween , but comparing PVD to Tiesto is not a go dog.

:blown:

Bro you should be shot.......PVD isnt that good and plays lighter shit lol

You are definatly still high from lastnight and dont have ANY of PVD's sets. Go to Tranceaddict for starters, upgrade from your 56k modem, download Tiesto and PVD and then make comments.

Ciao

TIESTO IS AMAZING and hes got the best taste in music ever and TRANCE creates worlds that only if you have an imagination can it take you to lands of ecstacy(without even taking it) and where everything is superfast and flyes amazingly through your soul and Im so glad I love trance the way I do because I feel like the luckiest person alive, and no one can take away that inner feeling thats whats so amazing about it, and Tiesto perfectly understands it and thats why we love him - charley edmonds--djspaceline

Originally posted by ultracrzy

I used to like tiesto a lot, but time changes, so does the style and taste. He is very talented.. VERRRRYYYYY talented. He really knows how to work the crowd, not everybody can do that. I went to hear him spin @ Limelight, World, Exit twice, and now Roxy, so i only missed Area. He is very good when you hear him spin live, its like an atmosphere in the club that he creates, that makes music actually sound better. On the other hand I have like more than 20 of his live sets and sometimes i just get bored listening to them and most of the time prefer Ferry Corsten or Blank & Jones.

Blank & Jones... Will they ever be coming to NYC??? I always missed the chance to see them on my home turf before I switched continents.

I do like Ferry Corsten as well. Haven't seen him live yest but listened to records. Too bad I am gonna be in Europe when he comes this winter.

Blank & Jones, a duo of dope german producers, Piet Blank & Jaspa Jones. I doubt they ever tour outside of Europe. I don't know if many people here in US are willing to go their party to hear them or Rank 1 spin, just because they never heard of them. Oh well, but whats up with Johan Gielen never coming trough??? I know he was in Toronto this september, also Vegas.

Can we please put Johan Gielen on Roxy's wishlist ..???

:phone::dj:

Originally posted by biatchzxz

I like both PVD and Tiesto... but saying PVD isn't that good and plays a lot of lighter shit is just nonsense.... PVD is insane and is probably one of the most widely respected DJs across the majority of dance music genres... his technical ability is amazing and the tracks he plays vary, but he can go epic or pound any place to oblivion... i think you need to reevaluate your thinking come Nov. 1

whoa whoa whoa... do u people know who u are talkin about right now... Mr. Paul Van Dyk ... and u show respect for the man ... granted that Dj Tiesto is a superstar dj and could probably throw it down at any time ... he is no way comparible to a night of PVD... PVD would never let a crowd down... just non-stop energy all night long... If u want a real night out with the big boys u dont wanna miss out on Carl Cox before PVD because he is gonna slam it down on the PHAZON because it was soundin really bangin ... ill give them that on the night... also been hearin that the system is gonna sound much better for Carl Cox whatever that means cuz it sounded pretty damn good... and then everyone is in for a beating when PVD shows up ... show some respect fools... we arent sayin that Tiesto is the worst, he just didnt sound that good at the ROXY ... too boring... PVD always lays it down ... always amazes u every time...anyways, show up for all the real deal .. i aint missin it... lata

by the way if u want any pvd live sets .. all the best ones are on soulseek... search for egoice1... youl find all the live PVD'S...

respect every dj and your favorites will be respected too ... none of them really suck ... except for a handfull that are at EXIT on the weekend... lol .. im outta her... see ya at Carl Cox and then PVD

Originally posted by djspaceline

CArl cox is good and all, but when you compare him to Tiesto hes just another guy like the rest of us, Tiesto is God if non of you who actually went to roxy havent figured that out, hes so talented you cant even comprehend it

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

what r u fucking stupid.....carl cox has more talent then tiesto and pvd combined....let me see either of those guys use three tables at once, go through 40 records and hour and scratch better then any hip hop dj around.....

Originally posted by msoprano13

what r u fucking stupid.....carl cox has more talent then tiesto and pvd combined....let me see either of those guys use three tables at once, go through 40 records and hour and scratch better then any hip hop dj around.....

yeah seriously. these kids are confused.

Originally posted by msoprano13

PVD rocks 3 turntables all the time.

TIESTO IS AMAZING and hes got the best taste in music ever and TRANCE creates worlds that only if you have an imagination can it take you to lands of ecstacy(without even taking it) and where everything is superfast and flyes amazingly through your soul and Im so glad I love trance the way I do because I feel like the luckiest person alive, and no one can take away that inner feeling thats whats so amazing about it, and Tiesto perfectly understands it and thats why we love him - charley edmonds--djspaceline

thats great that you like trance and all.. and it "takes you to lands of ecstacy"... but to say that its the only music that can take you there? psha.. please. IMO, most trance is cookie-cutter EDM, that is MEANT to send you to those places.. but it hardly takes imagination to get there. house moves through your SOUL.. techno brings PURE ENERGY.. drum n bass makes you GROOVE.. Bliss can exist without having big, air-y synths shoved in my face all the time

CArl cox is good and all, but when you compare him to Tiesto hes just another guy like the rest of us, Tiesto is God if non of you who actually went to roxy havent figured that out, hes so talented you cant even comprehend it

What fucking blasphemous shit this is..

LOL.. :laugh: :laugh:

i dunno about that... i like PVD and Tiesto's sound better than Cox's but to say Tiesto is more talented than Cox pry isn't true... maybe you think his track selection is better but you have to respect Cox's mixing ability... maybe after a while I could get more into the techno scene but trance just excites me like no other, call me cheesy or anything else ignornant you can think of but it's all about what makes you happy... either way I respect dudes like Cox, seen him before and he's sick