Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Top 20 Clubs in America

Originally posted by mattm2o

The Reason why Sound Factory isn't on there is because they base the ratings on DJ's that book there, Sound System, How long the parties there have been going, and how many nights a week they are packed.

I love factory too but they just don't make the grade.

1. The Sound System is OK but is weak

2. The only night they are packed is Sat.

3. Jonathan Peters unfortonatley is not c aull)

SF sound system is weak :laugh: :laugh: ....its by far the best in the city for clarity and ive heard them all

Originally posted by wakeup

SF sound system is weak :laugh: :laugh: ....its by far the best in the city for clarity and ive heard them all

you're kidding, right?

SF's system is underpowered somewhat and they got a shit load of cones they need to replace. much better than it was before they put in their new system but no where near several others. your ears aren't supposed to hurt when you leave the club kid.

Originally posted by barvybe

you're kidding, right?

SF's system is underpowered somewhat and they got a shit load of cones they need to replace. much better than it was before they put in their new system but no where near several others. your ears aren't supposed to hurt when you leave the club kid.

they might need replacing now but last yr and the few times i was there this yr the new system was the best i've heard in nyc. the new speakers on the 3rd floor they added a few months ago are horrible though. not once did my ears ever hurt leaving sf since the new system was put in.

Originally posted by wakeup

they might need replacing now but last yr and the few times i was there this yr the new system was the best i've heard in nyc. the new speakers on the 3rd floor they added a few months ago are horrible though. not once did my ears ever hurt leaving sf since the new system was put in.

look, the new system is a lot better than the old one and i was impressed when the put it in...but if you go to ARC or even ROXY (or both :)) on Friday and then SF sat / sun you'll hear the difference. The bass is not clear at all in comparison and many of the high's at SF either need to be replaced or just aren't being used properly by comparison.

Originally posted by barvybe

look, the new system is a lot better than the old one and i was impressed when the put it in...but if you go to ARC or even ROXY (or both :)) on Friday and then SF sat / sun you'll hear the difference. The bass is not clear at all in comparison and many of the high's at SF either need to be replaced or just aren't being used properly by comparison.

ive heard arcs new phazon 3 times, and esp. for mauro picotto the bass was so muffled and the lows overpowered the highs. the roxys new phazon i havent heard though.

Twilo...where have you gone?......

:(

Joe....=(

Originally posted by lasix

all this says is that america's clubs suck. if shelter is on that list, you know something is wrong.. what is this list based on? obviously who has the most money to book the biggest dj's, not the place with the best interior or best vibe.

Buzz @ Nation is (or WAS) without a doubt the sickest club night i've ever been to.. i had great times at twilo when it was open, but nation just had an energy to it that I still have yet to experience anyplace else..

:(

SF should DEF re-consider their Friday party...they should do something like Vinyl's been doing lately...but actually Roxy's friday lineup is so insane lately no one would care anyways i guess...

And agreed that JP isnt big outside NY.

Joe

Originally posted by mattm2o

The Reason why Sound Factory isn't on there is because they base the ratings on DJ's that book there, Sound System, How long the parties there have been going, and how many nights a week they are packed.

I love factory too but they just don't make the grade.

1. The Sound System is OK but is weak

2. The only night they are packed is Sat.

3. Jonathan Peters unfortonatley is not considered a big DJ

(He has little international pull)