Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Shallowness

fierydesire

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . depends on what the 'get past' issue is . . . If they have . . say . . 14 superflous nipples . . that can be hard thing to overcome . .

:laugh: :laugh: no no nothing like that, but it something which that I personally don't like but its no 14 nipples :laugh:

oh and another ?, do you think everyone possesses a little shallowness?

Well....thats a tuff question....I think it all depends on how big it is that seems to be a problem....like if they burp uncontrollably in public..then that could be a problem...is it something can be fixed.....????Depending on how you feel....talk to the person...:(

Originally posted by fierydesire

:laugh: :laugh: no no nothing like that, but it something which that I personally don't like but its no 14 nipples :laugh:

oh and another ?, do you think everyone possesses a little shallowness?

. . Well, I think everyone does . . Its just part of human nature . . . . the point is not to let it control your existence . .or something like that . .

...i am shallow.....i think sometimes i let looks play too much of a role in my feelings..........i mean.....personality is important...i am not completely in the low end here.....but i often find myself making looks the number one priority......

....also.....i can be into someone....and they do or say something stupid or corny...or just a turn-off....and THAT'S IT....i cannot get that out of my head......it is horrible......ruins everything....that's shallow.......right? lol......

Guest gabo
Originally posted by luvle02

I've been with my man for over 4 years and I totally can't get over the fact that he's shorter then me. It drives me crazy!!!!!!!!!

... but you're with him for 4 years! I guess that doesnt really count as being shallow then.

If you were shallow you wouldnt have let it get past the 3rd date.

Originally posted by misk

...i am shallow.....i think sometimes i let looks play too much of a role in my feelings..........i mean.....personality is important...i am not completely in the low end here.....but i often find myself making looks the number one priority......

....also.....i can be into someone....and they do or say something stupid or corny...or just a turn-off....and THAT'S IT....i cannot get that out of my head......it is horrible......ruins everything....that's shallow.......right? lol......

it's as if u just described me!

i hate that so much. especially when you forgive one corny comment & then they make another. then you think, 'wtf was i thinking seeing past that original corniness, i should have known better'. i think i should stop forgiving people with any sort of weird quirks (including corniness) :tongue:

Originally posted by somebitch

i hate that so much. especially when you forgive one corny comment & then they make another. then you think, 'wtf was i thinking seeing past that original corniness, i should have known better'. i think i should stop forgiving people with any sort of weird quirks (including corniness) :tongue:

. . . but 'quirks' are what usually give a persons personality color . . . I mean, as long as its not embarrasing and doesn't come out during inappropriate social circumstances . . . ya know?. . .

Guest gabo
Originally posted by somebitch

But what if hes a great guy!! you are willing to give up a guy that will make you the happiest woman, just cause he said something lame?

And what if you said or did something lame, wouldnt you want to be forgiven if you really like the guy?

Originally posted by gabo

But what if hes a great guy!! you are willing to give up a guy that will make you the happiest woman, just cause he said something lame?

And what if you said or did something lame, wouldnt you want to be forgiven if you really like the guy?

:laugh: i dont know. usually where there is a little corniness there is a lot under the surface, just from experience.

one dumb comment can be forgiven, if it is not due to any sort of disrespect, if it is disrespectful then no, i dont think you should forgive. i have forgiven in the past and if i could go back i wouldnt have. it's hard to have the self control not to forgive when someone asks for forgiveness but i find that a lot of the time i forgive people too easily & wish i had more control...

lame statements rooted in nonsense can be forgiven.

Originally posted by fierydesire

Is there anyway to overcome it?

I.E. You dig someone soo much yet there is a something about them that you just can't seem to get past.

:confused:

It depends on what the issue is and why you can't get past it. Some things that you will never comprise, and others that seem important, but aren't when you think about it.

im the same way though...

and i think people need to get over the fact that just because a person likes to prioritize "looks" as being one of the most important things, its automatically 'shallow'. cuz its not. and whats funny is i bet everyone thinks the same way... but b/c society has made it that way, we all tend to believe that looks cant be the most important thing we look for without it being shallow... i know i just repeated myself but... it makes sense right?

cuz u know people take everything into consideration, like personality and all that good stuff... but of course looks is important!! grr idk.. u get what im tryin to say..

Originally posted by linabina

im the same way though...

and i think people need to get over the fact that just because a person likes to prioritize "looks" as being one of the most important things, its automatically 'shallow'. cuz its not. and whats funny is i bet everyone thinks the same way... but b/c society has made it that way, we all tend to believe that looks cant be the most important thing we look for without it being shallow... i know i just repeated myself but... it makes sense right?

cuz u know people take everything into consideration, like personality and all that good stuff... but of course looks is important!! grr idk.. u get what im tryin to say..

. . . . It sounds to me like you don't like putting in the 'effort' to get the full picture of what a human being is . . . With that mentality, you will get what you deserve in relationships, love and life . . . just don't complain about it when its sour . . . . :aright: . . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . . It sounds to me like you don't like putting in the 'effort' to get the full picture of what a human being is . . . With that mentality, you will get what you deserve in relationships, love and life . . . just don't complain about it when its sour . . . . :aright: . . .

truth but ouch:shake:

but I get what she is trying to say

....just because looks are valued doesn't mean a person cannot see past that........there are many people who i think are great..wonderful human beings...and they are friends,people i love and that are close to me..........but for me to be sexually and romantically involved i need to be attracted....and i tend to go for a certain look.....

....just because looks are valued doesn't mean a person cannot see past that........there are many people who i think are great..wonderful human beings...and they are friends,people i love and that are close to me..........but for me to be sexually and romantically involved i need to be attracted....and i tend to go for a certain look.....

. . . I never said looks weren't valid . . I just said if one puts that at the top, then you'll get what you deserve . . . :aright: . . .