Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Open Discussion and Poll: Censorship v. racism?

DaVe

What would you do?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Remove the words, or ban the user.
    • Leave it as is.
    • No strong position either way.

Originally posted by kurokuma

Okay...I don't know where to begin on this one.

First of all...for someone who says they take everyone on their individual merits, so sure speak in generalities.

You say..."The majority of blacks are not like you and they never tried better themselves. The majority of blacks have a chip on the shoulder and do nothing but think America owes them shit because they where slave traded."

Have you ever been to an inner city school? Have you ever hung out in the ghetto? You say that most never tried to better themselves. Gimme a break...I don't know what country you're living in, but if you want to try and argue that there hasn't been a distinct culture built around keeping things this way, then you're living in a dream world.

You also say..."But the realty of it is, is that the biggest slave traders in Africa WHERE BLACK. But no one talks about this. "

People talk about it plenty. Read more of the history my friend. A lot of this trading was done at musket point. I'm well aware of the history. Are you?

You further say..."They use an excuse like: "I deserve this job because I am a minority and I my ancestors where slave traded" The only way a people can get better as a group is to bring them selves up with education and self improvement."

I think you missed the point and larger picture of what affirmative action and the like meant. Don't get me wrong...I believe people should get what they deserve and not be overlooked based on superficial merits of others. HOWEVER, the larger point of it all is that there is a system in place that prevents a lot of minority men and women from fairly and equiatably finding work and obtaining and education. And having lost a job at a bar because the management said "I was beinging too much black clientele to the bar..." I can tell you...this ain't an illusion.

You say..."Ill give you this sure Nigger is a curse word but if your going to not allow that to be said then You better not let any one say Fuck,shit,damn or any other curse words because those are extremely offensive to me as a catholic. "

Excuse me? A curse word? It isn't a curse word. It's much more than a curse word. It's a word of Hate and Disrespect that has been such for hundreds of years. What world are you living in dude. I'm sorry...no matter how you try to write it or make it seem, it's wrong. Period. There is no argument that can justify it. If I walked up to a white man and said "Yo...what's up my Honky" Would that be okay? Is that acceptable? I don't think so.

One thing you still haven't grasped, it's less to do with race and culture, it's about respect. Respect for those who don't want to be demoralized and disrecpects based on the color of their skin.

Further as a gay man, it pisses me off to hear people use terms like "That's so gay!" or call other people fags or the like.

It is DISRESPECTFUL. And that should be more than enough to hear someone telling you it ain't cool to stop trying to argue it as okay and just stop doing it.

-Grizz

This post is gay.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK my take on this:

It doesn't matter so much what we think, but more what the obscenity law requires in the state where CP is based... if I'm not mistaken. If the obscenity law includes racial hate speech then yeah, great....

But I have a big problem with censorship in general. First off, everyone is always so quick to jump on "racial" slurs, but no one seemed to give a shit when anti-female hate speech was placed on the NY and Jersey boards by Irenegade7. It always seems to work in a very two-sided manner. Like, it's okay to be depracative towards women, but not towards a race. It's all the same. So if you're going to be censoring racism, you damn well better be censoring gender hate speech as well.

Also, there's a big difference between quoting a lyric from, say, a Notorious BIG track wherein he mentions "niggers", or something meant to be comical or satirical in someone's profile, like a location "New Jizza mah Nizza", and something like what appears it the profile in question. Often, censorship makes no distinctions between these things, and the less bounded censorship is, the more likely we are to find half of all our posts censored. Then again, if you try to limit the items that get censored, you are faced with the complaint "well why can't it apply to this too?".

Suggestion I picked up from my friend's dance team:

Why not try voting people off like in those reality TV shows? You'd have to open it up to the whole board, and the vote would have to be greater than, say, 3/4's of the board population, and vote-offs could only be brought up against someone if a certain number of people lodge legitimate complaints (over the same infraction or over several different ones, all regarding the same user). Then, the vote is done by PM's or something, and at the end, if it's decided the user is being offensive, he or she will be banned. Fair enough?

Originally posted by saleen351

This is great…

We have a register member named Moley, but the word nigga is more offensive??? Get your head out of your ass…. Look at da jews location… is that not offensive? You simply attack me cause people read my posts. You claim it is cause I’m white. If I was black not one person would say a god dam thing. Its cause I’m the saleen and I simply get the most attention. The word guido use to be offensive, but us Italians simply don’t care, we are too busy waxing your wives and girlfriends. If you don’t like it ban me, I will not change it!!!!!!!!!! Dave you know where I’ll be if you ban me. Before I got here this board was slow, and dave you don’t make money on slow boards…End of story…

The word nigga is said on the radio all the time.. Hot 97 says it all the time… but man when Jlo said it on her album the blacks sure got pissed cause she’s a Rican… so we should have word discrimination based on color?

DO NOT REPLY UNLESS YOU CAN EXPLAIN TO ME THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN:

MOLEY AND NIGGA

AND

Location: TEMPLE ISRAEL WITH MY AK47 GUNNING DOWN PALESTINIANS

UNTIL YOU CAN EFFECTLY TELL WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS, THEN PEOPLE DON’T POST. YOU ARE ALL FOOLS IF YOU THING THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.

If moley is accepted and not offensive please change my name to Nigga351…. And I’ll take the word nigga out of my location.

Don’t you think its funny after 9-11 every one had anti muslim things in their sigs, and towel head comments, but it wasn’t a big deal. So in times of crisis, its ok to to use those words? Maybe I’ll just wait till Africa attacks us… Then the word nigga would be accepted…

And dave why didn't you post that you said qoute " I don't mind the word "nigga" in your location"....

and as I typed this i had a rap station on. to quote Ja rule or what ever stunad was rapping:

nigga what? playa playa

YOU RACIST PIECE OF CRAP. NIGGER AND NIGGA ARE SLANG WORDS. ARE YOU STUPID ???? THEY ARE HATE TERMS. USED TO PUT DOWNB A RACE OF PEOPLE. PEOPLE SMARTER THEN YOU; WHICH WOULD BE ¾ OF THE PLANET. TRY TO EDUCATE YOUR STUDID ASS, AND YOU STILL DON’T GET IT. YOU AND YOUR RACIST BOYFRIEND MIKEYDNY NEED TO GO BACK TO THE JERSEY HOLE YOU CRAWLED OUT OF.

YOU DON’T HAVE THE BALLS TO GO UP TO A BLACK PERSON AND SAY NIGGER OR NIGGA. BUT YOU FEEL REAL BRAVE SITTING AT YOUR COMPUTER AND PUTTING IT UP IN YOUR POST. IF ITS JUST A SLANG WORD PUT IT ON A T-SHIRT YOU STUFF BOY, AND WEAR IT AROUND, AND SEE WHAT KIND OF REACTION YOU GET. YOU WILL GET YOUR GINNY ASS BEAT DOWN LIKE THE PIECE OF SHIT YOU ARE. BIG TUFF SALEEN I’M GOING TO POST “ NOT IN SOBE WITH THE NIGGAS” HEY YOU’RE IN MIAMI WHY DIDN’T YOU SAY “NOT IN SOBE WITH SPIC CUBANS”. YOU KNOW WHY YOU DIDN’T SAY THAT, BECAUSE YOU KNOW HALF THE PEOPLE IN MIAMI ARE SPANISH. YOU DON’T HAVE THE BALLS TO SAY SPIC OR PUT IN YOUR SIGNATURE, WHY AGAIN BECAUISE THE PEOPLE ON THE MIAMI BOARD WOULD RIP YOU A NEW ASSHOLE. SO WHAT DOES BIG TUFF SALEEN DO, HE PUTS NIGGA AND NIGGER IN HIS POST. THIS WAY YOU CAN TARGET THE LESS REPRESENTED SEGMENT OF THE CP BOARD. I LOVED THE PART OF YOUR POST WHEN YOU SAID I HAVE BLACK COUSINS, I THINK IT WAS. YOU LOOKING FOR AN AWARD ?? YOU LOOK EVEN MORE LIKE A JERK FOR ADIMTING YOU HAVE BLACK RELATIVES, AND YOU STILL USE THE WORD NIGGA AND NIGGER. HOW VERY SCARY ??

THEN YOU HAVE THE MIAMI BOARD. YOU SPINNLESS PIECES OF SHIT. YOU WATCH A PERSON USE WORDS THAT YOU KNOW ARE WRONG. BUT ONLY A FEW OF YOU HAVE THE BALLS TO SAY ANYTHING. WOULD YOU BE SO QQUIET IF HE USED TERMS LIKE SPIC IN HIS POST. YOU KNOW THE ANSWER CP MIMAIM SO DON’T DENY IT. HAVE SOME FUCKING BALLS.

OR JUST MAYBE THE CP MIAMI BOARD IS JUST FULL OF A BUNCH OF RACIST, WHO ARE OKAY WITH RACISM AS LONG AS IT DOESN’T AFFECT THEM. THEN I READ ON THE MIAMI CP BOARD THAT SOME OF YOU ACTUALLY GO PLACES AND HANG AROUND THIS SALEEN CHRACTER.

DO YOU GUYS ATTEND KKK MEETINGS TOGETHER TO. I HEAR THEY STILL HAVE THOSE DOWN IN FORIDA.

WAKEUP MIAMI YOU HAVE A RACIST AMONG YOU. GET RID OF THE VEROM BECAUSE HE MAKES YOU ALL LOOK LIKE SHIT. YOU THINK THE NEW YORK BOARD WOULD STAND FOR THIS SHIT. HELL FUCKING NO!

HOW CAN I FORGET DAVE. ARE YOU A MOUSE OR A MAN. YOU HAVE RULES YOUR MORON. ENFORCE THEM AND STOP LOOKING TO THE REST OF THE BOARD TO BAIL YOUR ASS OUT. HAVING A STUPID VOTE TO DECIDE IF SOMETHING IS CENSORESHIP OR RACISM. LIKE A VOTE TAKEN BY LESS THEN 100 PEOPLE REPRESENT THE ENTIRE BOARD. I WOULDNT BE SURPRISED IF SALEEN AND HIS GOONIES DIDN’T FIND AWAY TO TIP THE VOTE IN THEIR FAVOR. AFTER ALL ISN’T SALEEEN A MODERATOR ON THE SPORTS BOARD. RULES DAVE YOU HAVE THEM USE THEM BABY ! OUR DOES SALEEN OWN YOUR ASS ! MAYBE HE IS HOLDING THE FACT THAT YOU SAID YOU DIDN’T MIND IF HE USED THE WORD NIGGA. IS THAT TRUE DAVE ? SALEEN SAID IT IN HIS REPLY TO YOUR POST. TALK TO US DAVE ..

Originally posted by saleen351

And dave why didn't you post that you said qoute " I don't mind the word "nigga" in your location"....

REMOVE THE RACIST VERMON DAVE AND SAVE WHATEVER RESPECT YOU STILL HAVE !! THE BALL IS YOUR COURT BABY. PASS IT OR THROW IT!!!

CENSORSHIP OR RACISM ? ARE YOU GONNA DELETE MY POST DAVE AFETR ALL YOU’RE A BIG SUPPORTER OF FREEDOM OF SPEECH. LOL

Guest jroo

from vixen:

First off, everyone is always so quick to jump on "racial" slurs, but no one seemed to give a shit when anti-female hate speech was placed on the NY and Jersey boards by Irenegade7. It always seems to work in a very two-sided manner. Like, it's okay to be depracative towards women, but not towards a race. It's all the same. So if you're going to be censoring racism, you damn well better be censoring gender hate speech as well.

from me:

squeaky wheel gets the grease. i agree with you, but apparently no one complained. so the only matters that are dealt with are the ones that are brought up.

duno what to reply to this thread...its kinda strange...

to start off..im with Saleen...u can post whatever u want...and just because it offends someone..so what? its a public domain...this is the internet for gods sake...

the reason DaJew is allowed to put GUnning down palestinians in his location........because nowadays its ok to hate on the Middle Eastern Muslims

the word nigga and nigger r 2 different words..im not goin into this..its been explained...

there are certain people who just shouldnt say the word Nigga..nigger...Nucca...man...anything even close to that..fortunately IM NOT ONE OF THEM ....im white as hell..shit im an immigrant...and i say nigga at least 10 times a day....u gota problem with it?? OK...go blame the black kids i grew up with for not beating my ass and telling me to stop...it didnt seem to bother them and its become a part of my vocabulary..Sorry CANT HELP IT....

to the fucknut who claims Saleen wouldnt say nigga to a black persons face...ur right...why would he wana go up to a random black person and say NIGGA???..huh dick??...that shit makes no sense..its the stupidest argument put forth on this thread

..ahh...im done

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

duno what to reply to this thread...its kinda strange...

to start off..im with Saleen...u can post whatever u want...and just because it offends someone..so what? its a public domain...this is the internet for gods sake...

the reason DaJew is allowed to put GUnning down palestinians in his location........because nowadays its ok to hate on the Middle Eastern Muslims

the word nigga and nigger r 2 different words..im not goin into this..its been explained...

there are certain people who just shouldnt say the word Nigga..nigger...Nucca...man...anything even close to that..fortunately IM NOT ONE OF THEM ....im white as hell..shit im an immigrant...and i say nigga at least 10 times a day....u gota problem with it?? OK...go blame the black kids i grew up with for not beating my ass and telling me to stop...it didnt seem to bother them and its become a part of my vocabulary..Sorry CANT HELP IT....

to the fucknut who claims Saleen wouldnt say nigga to a black persons face...ur right...why would he wana go up to a random black person and say NIGGA???..huh dick??...that shit makes no sense..its the stupidest argument put forth on this thread

..ahh...im done

"to start off..im with Saleen...u can post whatever u want...and just because it offends someone..so what? its a public domain...this is the internet for gods sake"

the only reason why we are allowed to post is because we agreed to the user agreement, we all did, it does not make sense to say afterthefact oh well everyone does it so its ok.

"the reason DaJew is allowed to put GUnning down palestinians in his location........because nowadays its ok to hate on the Middle Eastern Muslims "

who said its ok to hate on mid east muslims? i may not like jews but you dont see me saying anything about it, hate speech is hate speech and it is never ok.

"the word nigga and nigger r 2 different words..im not goin into this..its been explained..."

thats just ridiculous, to think that any explanation for this logic would make sense.

"there are certain people who just shouldnt say the word Nigga..nigger...Nucca...man...anything even close to that..fortunately IM NOT ONE OF THEM ....im white as hell..shit im an immigrant...and i say nigga at least 10 times a day....u gota problem with it?? OK...go blame the black kids i grew up with for not beating my ass and telling me to stop...it didnt seem to bother them and its become a part of my vocabulary..Sorry CANT HELP IT...."

your parents should have taught you better. tell me what do you think would happen if a black kid beat ur ass for sayin the n word when u were young, without a doubt the white society would take ur side cuz thats how the system works. white is right, i dont blame black kids for not smacking you, just another reason for police to shoot an innocent.

i hate the fact that white peope are such hippocrates. they hate blacks, enslave them, use them for profit, try to keep them ignorant, then blame them for societies problems. well when its agaisnt the law for u to learn how to read of course its gonna be hard for the next few generations to catch up, except white people act like the fields been even the whole time. it hasnt even been 50 years since the civil rights movement and america acts like its the champions of democracy and equality, its all b.s. now white kids try to act black cuz its "cool", they dress black, act black, talk black, and then hate on blacks. i may see 1 or 2 black guys say "nigga" in a week, and if they do im not gonna tell them nothing, but i see whitekids everyday giving each other pounds saying "whats the deal nigga" as if they from the hood and know whats up. reality is that if whiteboys wanna act like they from the hood then they should go to the hood and rep. i wanna see some whitekid go to the projects and call his boys nigga. i wanna see you in front of your family calling people nigga. all non-blacks that refer to themselves or others as nigga/nigger show a clear ignorance of the meaning of the word and its origins. i swear if i walked around calling everyone kike in nyc id be fined for hatespeech or something, yet somehow the n word is acceptable.

"the reason DaJew is allowed to put GUnning down palestinians in his location........because nowadays its ok to hate on the Middle Eastern Muslims "

who said its ok to hate on mid east muslims? i dont like jews but you dont see me saying anything about it, hate speech is hate speech and it is never ok.

YOU ARE GONNA GET BANNED FOR SAYING THAT YOU HATE JEWS YOU STUPID FUCKING FAG!!!!!!

TONYTHEGAYLOVER

Originally posted by YASSERARAFAT

YOU ARE GONNA GET BANNED FOR SAYING THAT YOU HATE JEWS YOU STUPID FUCKING FAG!!!!!!

TONYTHEGAYLOVER

saying i dont like jews is not the same as saying "i hate jews", i cant believe i have to explain this to someone named yasserarafat. so yasser do you also happen to be alsharpton and dajew? maybe your mikeydny...hmm? theres nothing in the user agreement that would qualify as a reason for banning me. why do you wish i was gay, are you a homosexual? maybe thats where all this anger and frustration comes from, your secret homosexual feelings are just being repressed. loser:rolleyes:

YOO WHO THE HELL CARES?

WE COULD GO ON ABOUT THIS FOREVER AND ENOUGH PPL DO ALREADY AND THEY ARE CALLED"POLITICIANS'WE DONT HAVE TO BE LIKE THAT NOW.

JUST ENJOY YOUR LIVES .THATS THE BOTTOMLINE .ENJOY YOUR LIFE AND DONT THINK TOO MUCH.THIS PLACE IS CALLED 'CLUBPLANET"NOT "POLITICPLANET".

WE REGISTERED CUZ WE WANT TO TALK ABOUT CLUBS AND OTHER STUFF BUT NOT POLITICS OR STUFF LIKE THAT.

I DONT EVEN WANT TO TAKE POLL ON THIS ONE

IM ME IF YOU WANT ABOUT THIS OPINION

"PSYCHOMATTIE"

Originally posted by t0nythelover

saying i dont like jews is not the same as saying "i hate jews", i cant believe i have to explain this to someone named yasserarafat. so yasser do you also happen to be alsharpton and dajew? maybe your mikeydny...hmm? theres nothing in the user agreement that would qualify as a reason for banning me. why do you wish i was gay, are you a homosexual? maybe thats where all this anger and frustration comes from, your secret homosexual feelings are just being repressed. loser:rolleyes:

TONYTHELOVER FUCK YOU YOU PUSSY

I haven't read the entire thread, but I will say that as one of the few (?) black people on this board, I am suprised at how much racial tension is present in a music culture where PLUR is supposed to be the common bond. WTF?

I usually post in the New York section unless I'm visiting MIA (when I came down you all were AWESOME - thanks, Lola!:D ), and even in that forum people throw slurs around. I don't care because it DOES only display their ignorance and if anything, I'm mildly amused. Fuck 'em!! Never will I let some keyboard gangster upset me.:rolleyes:

The entire WORLD is all fucked up! Russian rebels and shit, niggas out sniping muhfuckas (LOL), nightclubs exploding, and let's not even go back to last September. Suppose that happened to one of the clubs in the US, like Space, Exit or Arc? Would it matter then what nationality the music-lovers were that you may have just been standing next to? Or saved your damn life?

Christ, all I want is to hear and talk about good music and good times! Can't we all just get along? What's wrong with y'all niggas? :laugh:

I personally find some of the comments Saleen351 made have been very offensive and disgusting. He had a pic in his signature that was just horrible.

Now im a blonde hair, blue eyed white boy but hell, Ive got friends of all races, religons, and sexual preferences and the pic that was formally in Saleen351's signature was just degrading.

Im all for free speech but, It just goes to show a persons mentality when they use racist comments. I don't want to read them, I believe that alot of other people don't want to read them so keep them to yourself!

MY OPINION IS BAN SALEEN351 FROM CLUBPLANET.COM