Clubplanet Nightlife Community

faithfulness and true love...

suthrnbelle

That is true about seeing the older couples together for sooo long, even my cioci and wuja (aunt and uncle) they were married for 51 years and then my wuja died and she was left broken hearted. They were so in love it was almost unreal., I know that its hard to believe in something you never really see anymore, but after I saw their relationship, I cant lose hope just yet. It does exist, and its probably goin to hit me when I least expect it. Suthrnbelle's right, there are a lot of frogs that need to be weeded out first. :)

and tastey, your idea of love is simply touching, it brought a tear to my eye :rolleyes:

Originally posted by tastey

dunno, i *thought* i was in love... well, till i finally got the girl... and then it got boring like it gets every time... so i guess it was the challenge that i loved and not "love".

what is "love" anyway? i mean give me a few weeks and i´ll get you literally ANY girl to fall in "love" with me. find out what she wants deep inside (specifically, which emotions and what triggers those that she has to experience to have a specific state (love, arousal, attraction, etc.)) and provide her with it, then fuck her good... it is basically really that simple when you´ve done it a few times. "love" is something that you can PRODUCE very easily, definately overrated IMO :)

when you really get hit by love, i want to hear all about it, cause i have a feeling you will change your tune, when you are on the other side of things, lol...until then, i feel sorry for the wake of destruction you leave ;) but, happy hunting :laugh:

Originally posted by gabo

are people really meant to be together for the rest of our lives??

look at the stats. Half ends in divorce and half of the ones that stay together are only still married for money or the kids. so were left with about 25 % of the people who get married are happily married. now thats scary. I want to find my sould mate like everyone else but how do we know if its the right one? Everything seems peachy keen for the first few years... what about 15-20 years down the road? How do you know that youll still be in love with that person and that shell love me back?

ok I am going to stop there before I get any more depressed.

this applies to people who enter marriage under questionable terms...ie. not thinking it through or accepting all the terms for marriage, which include trust, honesty, and faithfulness to name a few.

besides, i think this is in the states, divorce is not as high in other places...

Originally posted by trueqwest

Jeez, you girls almost make me feel guilty I'm dating someone. (Almost, I love her too much)

I send out big, BIG, BIG hugs to you and perns.

There are loyal and faithful guys like me out there...Don't stress yourselves out ;)

Thanks.......... :kiss2:

Thats it though TRUST it is so #1 with me............. I say don't lie and no one get hurt. Keep it real........... :)

Suthrnbelle - your first post to this thread said it all...When you are truly in love, there is NEVER a desire to touch someone else at all. Looking occasionally is fine, everyone glances once in a while, I mean beauty is everywhere. But trust and Loyalty are soooo important whenyou are in a commited relationship. Thats almost everything you base your relationship on, ya know? True Love is out there for everyone. I thinks its just a matter of timing. When the time is right, you will find that person. Even if you have to go through several heartbreaks before you find the one...you will and at that very second, you will know;)

If your going to cheat...you might as well just be single b/c you obviously don't love your partner..true love is definetally out there...but you can however share these feelings with more than one person...it comes down to this...there are a lot of people who we will come across in our lifetimes both good/bad..it's just a matter of wanting to grow/change with & accepting who they are now & who they are trying to becomewith that one person in the longrun..IMO there is one person who you will have more of an understanding/willingness towards more than another (but it doesn't mean you haven't met a great man/woman before) I dunno if this makes sense to anyone it sounded a lot better in my head LoL

Originally posted by suthrnbelle

dkny and sweetie....thanks :) i hope you are both right, and i just wish it were easier to find true love and avoid all the cheating, heartaches, and FROGS you have to kiss along the way to get the prince, lol ;)

Would you be able to really, truely appreciate what that special prince is if you didn't happen to run across a few frogs? Would you even know happiness without sorrow? (Now I'm sounding like a proverb)

Things to ask yourself...every time I was hurt I wondered how I'd ever rebound, but now I've got that special princess who I can really see myself spending the rest of my life with, and more, and I wonder now what I was ever thinking back then!!!

Originally posted by trueqwest

Would you be able to really, truely appreciate what that special prince is if you didn't happen to run across a few frogs? Would you even know happiness without sorrow? (Now I'm sounding like a proverb)

Things to ask yourself...every time I was hurt I wondered how I'd ever rebound, but now I've got that special princess who I can really see myself spending the rest of my life with, and more, and I wonder now what I was ever thinking back then!!!

i hear ya....but MAN, have i kissed a LOT of frogs, lol :laugh:

I went back and re-read this thread. And after talking to a few people, I have come to the conclusion that every person you met comes into your life for a reason, if it is only to make you smile. They each teach us a lesson, just as we do others. You have to have faith and trust in yourself, then faith in others as well. Your head and heart don't always agree, but that's not a bad thing. If you truly believe in the greater power of love, then after you go through all your frogs and frogettes, your prince or princess will find you. Everything happens for a reason, sometimes it just takes awhile to find it, sometimes you never know why....

Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

I went back and re-read this thread. And after talking to a few people, I have come to the conclusion that every person you met comes into your life for a reason, if it is only to make you smile. They each teach us a lesson, just as we do others. You have to have faith and trust in yourself, then faith in others as well. Your head and heart don't always agree, but that's not a bad thing. If you truly believe in the greater power of love, then after you go through all your frogs and frogettes, your prince or princess will find you. Everything happens for a reason, sometimes it just takes awhile to find it, sometimes you never know why....

**good theory** :aright::)

I know for a fact that it is possible to be faithful forever because I have always been faithful and I always will be. I know some people say that I don't really know that, but I do because I couldn't live with myself if I ever did cheat on someone. It's weird, but true.

As for true love existing, I believe it does. I'm not going to say that it's going to last forever, but I'm in love with the person I'm with now and I can't see living my life without her. I honestly don't know if that feeling will ever change, but right now that's how I feel.

Originally posted by aboyfrombklyn

I know for a fact that it is possible to be faithful forever because I have always been faithful and I always will be. I know some people say that I don't really know that, but I do because I couldn't live with myself if I ever did cheat on someone. It's weird, but true.

As for true love existing, I believe it does. I'm not going to say that it's going to last forever, but I'm in love with the person I'm with now and I can't see living my life without her. I honestly don't know if that feeling will ever change, but right now that's how I feel.

:aright: You are sooooo right!!! When you find that person it's a totally different story & it's even easy to resist temptation...when your with someone you TRUELY love....there is no other satisfaction than being with that person & no one else :heart:

you know what, though? i have another question...we have established that true love does exist, and that sometimes you have to go through a lot of frogs to get to your prince/princess...

so, how do you avoid being...JADED? every time i weed through another frog, i feel sorry for the next guy, cause i am a little more hurt, and i give a little less...know what i am saying? does anyone else have this problem ever?

. . I really don't think theres anyway to get through life as an intelligent human being without becoming jaded . . .cuz . . from what I've seen , the only people who arent jaded are either ignorant, stupid or live a blessed existence where they're shielded from the world . . . I wouldn't want any of those three, so I'll go on being angry and dealing with all of life's intricacies . . .

Originally posted by suthrnbelle

you know what, though? i have another question...we have established that true love does exist, and that sometimes you have to go through a lot of frogs to get to your prince/princess...

so, how do you avoid being...JADED? every time i weed through another frog, i feel sorry for the next guy, cause i am a little more hurt, and i give a little less...know what i am saying? does anyone else have this problem ever?

I don't think you can't not be jaded from some experiences...If it mattered that much to you and you can walk away, then why were you involved in the first place??? The right person you will just know( a person who is suppossed to help you become what you are meant to be)...Someone people you instantly like when you first meet them, like you have known him or her for years. There is some kind of initial bond that lays the ground work. I don't think it's so much giving less, it's being careful about what you give...

You'll get jaded, that's a fact...there's no avoiding it. It's basic human nature. But I learned one thing recently that helps me put things into perspective and not be so bitter.

Look back at the situation, and remember the good times. Then, look at the bad times. What lesson did you learn? It'll be a hard concept at first, but over time, it gets easier and more productive. For instance, there wasn't a more bitter person in the world (and I mean that) about two years ago when a girl we'll call Trish broke up with me. She was the world to me, and I gave her everything- it just wasn't enough. But, a few months (and several visits to different bars) later, I learned one thing- as upset as I was, I had gotten over my previous ex, Gina, who messed with my head and I was hung up over. Guess I was trying to replace Gina with Trish in my life, and I actually needed Trish to get over Gina. (Did I lose anyone?)

But now I've got Amy, and it's all different. I may or may not yet have gotten over Gina without Trish, but who knows? It sounds wierd twisting things that way, and maybe I'm just trying to minimize the damage of a broken relationship, but that helped me keep my sanity.

do you believe that it is possible to be totally faithful, for the rest of your life, till death do us part, etc?
Of course. Millions of people have already done it.
do you believe in such a thing as true love?
No doubt. But "love" is a very subjective term. We can all agree on this yet be talking about totally different shits.
b/c to me, true love, means you are not interested in anyone else--you may look occasionally, but no desire to touch...
See that's what I'm talking about. Your definition of love to me is very naive. Not wanting to touch somebody has very little to do (necessarily) with true love. Let's make a distinction between sex and love right off the bat. Sex is sex, love is love. I'm sure most of us have had sex with people we don't love and you may not have had sex with people you love or even are in love with.

BUT not giving in to the desire to touch another person other than the person you're in love with IS often a sign of true love, and it's definitely a good sign even if it's not present in every relationship.

What I'm trying to say is that girls should just accept the simple fact that ALL guys (100%) are occasionally going to wish they can touch another girl, and girls should learn to love the faithful guys among us even more for this. We're fighting nature and that's no small feat. Guys are hardwired to want to F just about anything that looks good. Evidently, from what I hear, girls are not like this. Girls are different from guys.