Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
lollib

Getting engaged now a days...

Recommended Posts

I dont know my friends are getting engaged left and right which is nice but I think some people forget that getting engaged entails more then just getting a pretty ring. My one friend got engaged on Saturday night and it seems like she cant email anymore cause she is planning this wedding and then she emails everyone of how they got engaged and a close up picture of her ring. I know she is excited but geez, is the ring what she has been looking forward to? What is everyone's take on this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my... there was a huge-ass drama debate about this very subject on another board a few months ago. :laugh:

It's weird; one of the first things people do half the time is ask to see the ring. I have been guilty of this myself, but really, what do you say to someone who's just gotten engaged, after you congratulate them? :confused:

Not that I wouldn't want something nice, hopefully somewhere down the road (hey, diamonds are a girl's best friend, right? ;) ), if I wanted to marry someone and he didn't have enough money for the ring, fuck it, we could go take a trip down to city hall in our jeans as far as I'd care...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by tastyt

Oh my... there was a huge-ass drama debate about this very subject on another board a few months ago. :laugh:

It's weird; one of the first things people do half the time is ask to see the ring. I have been guilty of this myself, but really, what do you say to someone who's just gotten engaged, after you congratulate them? :confused:

Not that I wouldn't want something nice, hopefully somewhere down the road (hey, diamonds are a girl's best friend, right? ;) ), if I wanted to marry someone and he didn't have enough money for the ring, fuck it, we could go take a trip down to city hall in our jeans as far as I'd care...

Oh yes, I totally agree cause I am guilty of it too but it's like she emailed about 40 or so maybe more people a huge close up of her ring. And yes, I do want a pretty ring one day down the road that I would want to show off but come on now, it's like the ring is the main focus of their marriage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest gabo
Originally posted by tastyt

Oh my... there was a huge-ass drama debate about this very subject on another board a few months ago. :laugh:

It's weird; one of the first things people do half the time is ask to see the ring. I have been guilty of this myself, but really, what do you say to someone who's just gotten engaged, after you congratulate them? :confused:

Not that I wouldn't want something nice, hopefully somewhere down the road (hey, diamonds are a girl's best friend, right? ;) ), if I wanted to marry someone and he didn't have enough money for the ring, fuck it, we could go take a trip down to city hall in our jeans as far as I'd care...

thats what I am saying. women get so caught up with the rock that goes on the finger, they forget about everything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And then on top of that... you've got people who spend god knows how much on the wedding itself... I mean I can completely understand wanting to have a nice, meaningful ceremony and all... but do it within your means, you know? You're beginning a life with someone, no need to start it out with an enormous debt hanging over the two of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest gabo
Originally posted by scaredgirl

i think my engaged ring would be a good fuck @ the empire state :laugh: or anywere else that i can scream loud and the entired city will hear me :D no need a ring baby , take ur pants off and show me with whom im getting married :cool:

omg marry me right now!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THE SIZE OF THE RING SHOULDN'T MATTER IF YOUR IN LOVE WITH THAT PERSON. OF COURSE EVERYONE LIKES TO HAVE NICE THINGS BUT A BIG ROCK ISN'T GOING TO KEEP THE LOVE STRONG. I'M NOT MATERIALISTIC THOUGH.

JUST MY .02 CENTS. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by jimk29

I have no hope of it ever happening for me... :(

you never know what life may bring you...don't be so down....and be optimistic...i'm sure you have a lot to offer (i don't know you, but take this how you want), and you can be lucky...just depends on when fate wants to give you this kind of happiness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by lollib

I dont know my friends are getting engaged left and right which is nice but I think some people forget that getting engaged entails more then just getting a pretty ring. My one friend got engaged on Saturday night and it seems like she cant email anymore cause she is planning this wedding and then she emails everyone of how they got engaged and a close up picture of her ring. I know she is excited but geez, is the ring what she has been looking forward to? What is everyone's take on this?

:laugh: yeah sometimes it's annoying.. i ran into this girl from my high school -- who i didnt even know, she got engaged recently. *remember i havent spoken to this girl in 5 years & i only talked to her a few times prior to that* she gets all excited to see me and starts flaunting her ring in my face, telling me how shes getting married...

come on, i barely know the girl, why would she think i care what her ring looks like. i think a simple hello would have been a more acceptable opening statement than LOOK AT MY RING!! im happy for the girl and everything but it seemed like she was more interested in showing me the ring so maybe i would tell people 'OoooOoH you should see her ring...' of course i never spoke about it because i dont know anyone she knows nor do i care and i doubt anyone else would care either. you would think she would tell me who shes marrying before she showed me the damned ring!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my boyfriend and I were talking about getting married about a year ago and January of 2002 we started making plans I didnt get my ring until September 2002. This ring is only a symbol of love and it's a wonderful thing, But the most important thing was getting our wedding planned.......the ring is the the bonus!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by gabo

thats what I am saying. women get so caught up with the rock that goes on the finger, they forget about everything else.

Thats one way to look at it; a lot of girls are like that.

On the other hand, girls, no matter what age they are, get so excited about weddings. Put a Wedding dress catalog in front of a group of women and watch their eyes light up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by jimk29

I have no hope of it ever happening for me... :(

I have no hope of it happening for me either

my friend just got engaged and she had a big fight wit her bf bc she told him that theyve been goin out long enough...3 years...and since he said that he wanted to marry her, she wanted a ring...i dont get it why shes pushing bc theyre not even gettin married until 2005...too much emphasis on the ring and not enough on the relationship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by sassa

you never know what life may bring you...don't be so down....and be optimistic...i'm sure you have a lot to offer (i don't know you, but take this how you want), and you can be lucky...just depends on when fate wants to give you this kind of happiness.

I feel that I have a lot to offer, and I thought that is was going to happen. I had the ring, asked the question, and didn't get the answer that I was hoping for. I am happy still, but I just don't know how I feel about ever asking the same girl to marry me twice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by jimk29

I feel that I have a lot to offer, and I thought that is was going to happen. I had the ring, asked the question, and didn't get the answer that I was hoping for. I am happy still, but I just don't know how I feel about ever asking the same girl to marry me twice.

oh please.. dont be a pussy. she said shes not ready. from what i hear you say about your girl & relationshp it sounds perfect. she will be ready soon enough, then u have forever to be married. whats the rush?!?!?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by somebitch

oh please.. dont be a pussy. she said shes not ready. from what i hear you say about your girl & relationshp it sounds perfect. she will be ready soon enough, then u have forever to be married. whats the rush?!?!?!?

You know what, you are right! :D I have just been in one of those odd sort of in a bad mood for no reason moods. He he, I am an idiot, just ignore me.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×