Clubplanet Nightlife Community

pvd @ arc

joeg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, I just got back from PVD @ Arc and have to say I had a religious experience tonight. I danced for over four hours straight without getting tired or feeling any pain (completely sober!!), hung out with some of my best friends and met some great new people, and don't think there's a drug in the world that could have made that night any better -- really opened my eyes.

What a gift tonight was...thanks everyone for making it so special!!!

1) I donated to a good cause...lolz

2) I streamlined 2 years ago back to Twilo (RIP)

3) Had a great f'in time

4) He dropped my favorite track from 2002.....Dino Linny - I Feel Stereo

5) I MET DAN WILSON

6) Soooooo many heads out tonight that I knew

7) Such a great vibe

8) One of those memorable nights we'll talk about for a while

btw...nychunk, I got your sweater. Drop me a PM

To everyone I saw and those I chilled with, great time partying with y'all, what a great night.

Nominee for party of the year!

Well, I don't know about that, but it was great.

The place was packed, but it was the least crowded PVD night I've been to in NYC. At least I felt like I had more space on the floor than usual. Great crowd, great vibe that felt a little intimate.

As for the music, I thought the mixing was a little off a few times, and a handful of tracks didn't have their usual energy (mostly between 12:30 and 1), but with that said, I was so lost in the music.

I love his stuff, but I do wish he played more stuff that he didn't play at Roxy, and more new stuff in general.

It would be interesting to see him do a night where he played all tracks that no one knew, or at least none of the usual anthems. I'm sure he could do it. His radio show is a little like that.

PVD signed like a million autographs - it was great that he did that, and that the security let him do that.

Especially due to the waits for my coat and for the subway, this will be me at work :zzz:

DJJonstephen:D I Couldn't agree with you more!!!!

Dino Lenny- I Feel Stereo was worth the 10 bucks itself!:D

Deffinatley a TWILO-ESQUE night!!!

Great Vibe, Great DJ, Great Crowd, Great Club (Arc is my favorite)

Hell Yeah the 3 Encores Rocked!!!!!

Hats off to PVD, Made Events, The Vandit Crew, and Mike Brinda and his staff at Arc 4 pullin this off in 2 days!!!

Damn I wanted to meet Dan Wilson:mad:

Great fuckin night - went at it completely sober this time, and had 10 times more fun than my really wasted night at roxy. Good to see all the cp heads I hadn't seen in a coupla months.

Wasn't the best pvd set I'd ever heard, but a pretty damn good one - I too noticed a lull somewhere between 12 and 1, but the sickness he laid down right at 1:00 and onward made up for it. It was a bit crowded in the middle of the night, but not as bad as I remember the twilo days... after 1:00 Jay and I and a bunch of other peeps found some room to bounce around up front and that last hour+ made my night. Really good music - btw does anyone who knows their pvd shit wanna post some kinda track listing - there's quite a few I wanna know and I'm sure others do too, including one I was told but either forgot or can't find (something like 'nothing but you'... eh, I don't really remember).

Met danwilson & brooklynkid, prolly woulda met a few more but I've been outta the loop for a while now so I wasn't quite sure if I'd met certain ppl or not. Unbelievable vibe in that place, I agree very twilo-esque - mainly due to it being on a monday and only the pvd/music lovers out, not the normal clubbing crowd.

Thanks to everyone for a great night out - especially pvd for a) letting us hear him for $10, and B) raising over $13 thousand (I think) for the victim's families of sept. 11 :aright:

good fuckin set....i had shit to do so i had to leave by 12:30 but i liked what i heard.......it was too crowded to move so i just sat my drunk ass in the chill out room and listened to the music the whole time

to those of you that i missed cuz i was hiding in the corner.......catch up with you next time

and was that convergence of like literally 15 clubplanet people in the middle of the dancefloor at 9:45 or so planned? cuz i walked in and it was just like :eek: i couldnt keep up with all the "hi's" and "whats up" cuz there were people coming at me from all directions and my head was spinning already:D

Hi, great night at ARC. The placed was packed beyond belief. Its amazing what power the internet has. People only knew about PVD being at ARC Sunday and man did that word get out. I get in there around 11. From 11 to 11 30, PVD was great. He played 3 great trance songs. One of which, was the best trance song of the night for me. I'm hoping Taub will know the name it. From 11 30 to 12, he played some vocal trance songs that were were ok. Then I agree with gmoneyjive. From 12 to 1, he started playing slow progressive trance. I totally didn't like it.

Then all of a sudden at 1 and for the next hour, he played some of the most amazing trance songs you could hear. He played hard trance with just awesome beats. I thought that last hour was amazing. One of the best hour's of music I'v heard.

It was great meeting everyone, ofcourse Bugout, Rob, Larry, Debbie, mssabina, Hotcheme. It was so great meeting Jon Stephen and Joeg. Good meeting Crobra, Max, sexxyme, AirAtomic, gmoneyjive and even my arch enemy on here, Smokesum. lol. The only question I want to know? Yo Quoth, where were you?

Lastly, only advice I would give ARC. They got to hire more people for the Coat check. That line took forever, for them to hang up your coat, then pick up your coat when you left. PVD did play 2 more songs after 2. Unfortunately, I couldn't hear them, because I was on that Coat Check line.

Originally posted by danwilson

From 12 to 1, he started playing slow progressive trance. I totally didn't like it.

Then all of a sudden at 1 and for the next hour, he played some of the most amazing trance songs you could hear. He played hard trance with just awesome beats.

glad i was able to hear PVD since i did not go see him @ roxy....mucially he was on point.....flawless mixing....supreme crowd control....only PVD can create that sound w/o crossing over to cheese.....being that i'm getting a little older 12-1 was great.....anybody id that electro he dropped at 12:15?...bpm's are just way to hard to keep up with the rest of the night!!...somehow i managed but my knees were definitely feeling the pain......musically great night....i'm still on the fence if i like PVD's crowd....if you have never seen him i would say its a must just to hear his skills....but overall trance and hard trance is just not my thing and i think i'll keep my distance from the long lines, over-packed dance floor, and everything else that comes with it....PVD amazing....PVD nights all little to much to deal with

Originally posted by danwilson

From 12 to 1, he started playing slow progressive trance. I totally didn't like it.

Then all of a sudden at 1 and for the next hour, he played some of the most amazing trance songs you could hear. He played hard trance with just awesome beats.

glad i was able to hear PVD since i did not go see him @ roxy....mucially he was on point.....flawless mixing....supreme crowd control....only PVD can create that sound w/o crossing over to cheese.....being that i'm getting a little older 12-1 was great.....anybody id that electro he dropped at 12:15?...bpm's are just way to hard to keep up with the rest of the night!!...somehow i managed but my knees were definitely feeling the pain......musically great night....i'm still on the fence if i like PVD's crowd....if you have never seen him i would say its a must just to hear his skills....but overall trance and hard trance is just not my thing and i think i'll keep my distance from the long lines, over-packed dance floor, and everything else that comes with it....PVD amazing....PVD nights all little to much to deal with

Ok. Everyone who thinks that Paul ripped NY a new one, say ay.

AY!

Very nice to see everyone. After about 7 month of hiding, I made it out and what a great night it was. So some people. Old friends and some friends that I thought I didnt have any more. Very nice indeed. Too bad that I had to leave at about 1.30 otherwise I couldve closed out.

I've seen PVD going to see PVD for 4+ years now and I can't remember ever seeing him so animated. He was loving it last night which was really nice to see. I thought the energy in the place was amazing - reminded me of Twilo at 8am. Unfortunately I only went from 10 - 12:30 but given that I saw him the other night, I didn't feel too bad. I figured last night would be special and didn't want to miss it.

Eric

last night was amazing! definitely better than roxy. it was great to see so many of you - sorry i was antisocial - crowds freak me out so i stayed on the speaker for almost 2 hours watching PVD dance. so worth the pain i am going to go through at work this afternoon. :)

Originally posted by sosultan

Did anyone else thought his style evolved over the past few years? Felt like tracks turned harder, more progressive.

Yes, if you listen to his older sets he was definitely going with the epic trance sound but has turned more progressive in the past few years. A lot of DJs like Tiesto, some of van Buurens new ASOT mixes are following the same trend.