Clubplanet Nightlife Community

pvd @ arc

joeg

What a great night..I saw sooo many people..and I MET DAN WILSON:tongue: (nice meeting you by the way) and nice seeing everyone :D

I Love PVD..Even though I've seen him live about 6 or 7 times *from back in the TWILO -RIP- days*...he still does an AMAZING job everytime...and I totally agree with Mike *nice seeing you bebe*...PVD did this for a VERY good cause..and that just brings him into the top 5 DJs on my list (even though he always was..but you get the point;))

hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did...and hopefully...MANY MORE TO COME...:tongue:

BTW..I would mention everyone's names who I saw last night..but OMG..There were just tooooooo many of you..I even saw people there who I havent seen since HS...which was greaaaaaaat...;)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok bout time i make my post.....

this is the reason y i go to clubs because of stuff like this... all i have to say is pvd is the man got to hear him on fri an mon i still dunno which was better but if i was to choose id say last night by a small margin.... he completely blew me away on fri an last night came back to finish off whatever else survived his barrage of trax on fri :eek: i was glad he put on underworld-2 months off im sittin up there like some star struck groupie singin along with the track it got so bad i was sittin up there with gmoneygive beggin for him to stop cause i couldn t take it anymore but contiued to dance reguardless of the fact id have 2 hrs of sleep fore i go to werk its alwayz a pleasure seein all my cp peeps ya ll know who u are im not gonna name names take too damn long:tongue: tho i do wanna say damn it i missed dan wilson grrrrrrrrr............ oh well we ll meet soon enough nate bout time seein ur ass!!! always a pleasure

side note....i think that was the unofficial cp meet up:hat:

before i was i wasn t as interested in pvd but now after this past few dayz i can honestly say that he has mad his way to either #1 or 2 spot on my fav djs:eek:

------now its back to dlin whatever tracks of pvd i can find anyone wanna help contribute to the cause Im me:biggrin: :bounce:

Underworld - Two Months Off (King Unique Mix)

sipping soma – superconscious (so alive)

3 drives – carrera(nu nrg 2002 rmx)

GTR - mistral

dino lenny – stereo

PvD-Love Stimulation

Pvd vs. City - Susann

Pvd- Animacion

PVD - For An Angel 2002

Pvd - nothng but you (2x)

2 finger burnt- for a devil

sun decade – I’m alone (ronski speed remix)

dt8 – destination (remix)

marco v – I feel you (pvd rework)

nu nrg – take your air(orginal)

Nu nrg - supersonice

Nu nug - take your air( Nu nrg 2002 rmx) ---encore

klea – tic toc (pvd re-edit )

Luc Poublon - Quantum Leap (Luc Original Mix)

chicane – autumn tactics (thrillseekers remix)

blank & jones – watching the waves (pvd re-edit?)

solid sleep - club attack

ghostland feat. Sinead o connor – guide me god (pvd rework)

dark suite – dark sweet piano

malte & marq de clarq – no more rain

pvd – take me higher

noemi – y.o.u.( pvd re-edit)

rapid eye – circa forever (r.e mix)

rising star – star theme

Atrium-Golden(Jubio Rmx)

Emmanuel Top - Turkish Bazar (Reeloop Mix)

Nitromethane-Time to Die (Seraque Mix)

Sunscreem-Catch me (Red Jerry Dub)

goldenscan - sunrise (pulser remix)

Oceanforce - Euphoric Dream

Remark - So Pure

Subsky - Confide In Me

Infusion - Legacy (Junkie XL remix)

I went to both nights and I liked his set better at Arc. It was more trancey and less hard which is more my tastes. Overall I had a fun time both nights. At Roxy my main complaint was the excessive heat....... although it usually gets hot at clubs it felt even hotter and stuffier that night than usual. I had fun at Arc but one thing that really bothered me was I felt the music should have been a lot louder. It was defintely a lot louder at Roxy. Some of the songs would have had an even better effect if it was louder. For instance, I heard Armin Van Buuren drop Autumn Tactics at Glow in Washington DC and it was so much louder and just sounded better. I thought it was a little too dark in Arc at times and the lighting def was not as impressive at some other clubs. But, I liked the crowd a lot and I did have a lot of fun. I'm not complaining. It was only 10 bux and there was a lot of great music.

Originally posted by Taub

The playlist!!:D

I am so in love with you right now, you have no idea. I may have spent the last two hours at my PC downloading every song..but it is SO worth it. Thanks for posting the playlist...it's like all the answers to so many nagging questions. Much love..thanks again!

P.S. I still haven't figured out which song is the one with "your mama's alright, your daddy's alright"..I swear I was sober..

So anyway, who wants to come to Berlin? :):)

Originally posted by brianna41579

The playlist!!:D

I am so in love with you right now, you have no idea. I may have spent the last two hours at my PC downloading every song..but it is SO worth it. Thanks for posting the playlist...it's like all the answers to so many nagging questions. Much love..thanks again!

P.S. I still haven't figured out which song is the one with "your mama's alright, your daddy's alright"..I swear I was sober..

So anyway, who wants to come to Berlin? :):)

your welcome....the track you are looking for was palyed when he went electro/techno/prog yes? not sure about it though

and yes i wnat to come to berlin...you paying? i want to go for a VANDIT night

I played lotto today..If I win, I am certainly paying. If I can get my Dad to throw me 3 tickets instead of two, you are invited. I was born in Germany and my Dad lives there, so we just might be able to hook something up. I'm talking late december here...if I somehow miss that, it's happening after New Years.

As for the song, it was probably around midnight or so. It was earlier on. Like I said, he played it at the Roxy AND Arc. I put the playlists into excel to see the dupes and I have narrowed it down to five possibilities. However, I can't get them on WinMx or Kazaa and I guess I am going to shut the hell up for tonight and start the search tomorrow.

Umm...if you are serious about Berlin, drop me a line. The more the merrier. ;)

Originally posted by brianna41579

I played lotto today..If I win, I am certainly paying. If I can get my Dad to throw me 3 tickets instead of two, you are invited. I was born in Germany and my Dad lives there, so we just might be able to hook something up. I'm talking late december here...if I somehow miss that, it's happening after New Years.

As for the song, it was probably around midnight or so. It was earlier on. Like I said, he played it at the Roxy AND Arc. I put the playlists into excel to see the dupes and I have narrowed it down to five possibilities. However, I can't get them on WinMx or Kazaa and I guess I am going to shut the hell up for tonight and start the search tomorrow.

Umm...if you are serious about Berlin, drop me a line. The more the merrier. ;)

if you need any of the tracks i am sure i can get it for you.....or it can be found in his latests live sets

or get me on

AIM: bxrcliaxx

Taub, you are definitely the man for song ids

njitpimp, one question. How did you like the last hour? ( 1am to 2am) PVD played mainly hard trance during that last hour. I thought the last hour was the best. I also liked 11 to 11 30. I agree with you on one thing. It being to dark in ARC. But you can say the same thing about Sound Factory and Roxy.

oh man oh man that was a hella experience...

i was HIIIIIGHHHH -- only on PVD that nite that was amazing. yeah i hurt like crazy now and i had already been limping after ROXY on Friiday but it was worth every second...it was definitely a spiritual experience...esp. during tracks he played after 1am..

and to top it all off, i got my Metrocard SIGNED!!!! silly eh. well a GIANT thank you to my sister's bf Danny who lifted me up to PVD's eye level at the booth during that mayhem at 3:40ish...:-) but i still wasnt close enough due to thee hordes of ppl closer to the booth... Luckily Paul decided to reach a bit farther to grab my Metrocard (sweet!) and reached over to hand it back to me. Propz dude for being that awesome taht nitee!!!

Underworld - Two Months Off (King Unique Mix)

sipping soma – superconscious (so alive)

3 drives – carrera(nu nrg 2002 rmx)

GTR - mistral

dino lenny – stereo

PvD-Love Stimulation

Pvd vs. City - Susann

Pvd- Animacion

PVD - For An Angel 2002

Pvd - nothng but you (2x)

2 finger burnt- for a devil

sun decade – I’m alone (ronski speed remix)

dt8 – destination (remix)

marco v – I feel you (pvd rework)

nu nrg – take your air(orginal)

Nu nrg - supersonice

Nu nug - take your air( Nu nrg 2002 rmx) ---encore

klea – tic toc (pvd re-edit )

Luc Poublon - Quantum Leap (Luc Original Mix)

chicane – autumn tactics (thrillseekers remix)

blank & jones – watching the waves (pvd re-edit?)

solid sleep - club attack

ghostland feat. Sinead o connor – guide me god (pvd rework)

dark suite – dark sweet piano

malte & marq de clarq – no more rain

pvd – take me higher

noemi – y.o.u.( pvd re-edit)

rapid eye – circa forever (r.e mix)

rising star – star theme

Atrium-Golden(Jubio Rmx)

Emmanuel Top - Turkish Bazar (Reeloop Mix)

Nitromethane-Time to Die (Seraque Mix)

Sunscreem-Catch me (Red Jerry Dub)

goldenscan - sunrise (pulser remix)

Oceanforce - Euphoric Dream

Remark - So Pure

Subsky - Confide In Me

Infusion - Legacy (Junkie XL remix)

Matt, is this comprehensive and in order?

My first experience seeing PVD was at Freedom in Tempe, Arizona. Needless to say, OFF the Hook! After being pushed and shoved around my first time at Exit and seeing PVD, I didn't want to see him again here in NYC. Therefore, I didn't buy tickets to Roxy to see him and I'm glad I didn't.

My brother arrived in town on Friday night and we didn't do shit that evening. He was leaving on Tuesday so I had to find something on Sat. night to do. I ended up taking him to ARC and it was not busy to say the least. The music was pretty good though and he came to dance. When leaving at 7am on Sun. morning we received a flyer that announced PVD spinning at ARC on Mon. night. I was like WWWHHHHAAATTT???!!! And for $10. Not gonna' miss dat shit fo sure!!

I've been in NYC for six months now and have enjoyed all months to the max. After seeing Deep Dish christen the new sound system at ARC in June, I didn't think I'd see a better crowd or music.......until PVD raided the mighty ArcStacks of Hubert Street. I have yet to be a better place than ARC here in the city. I know the people that come there, come to get down. Whether it's breakin' or just good ol' bouncin' to house, all styles and flava's are fully accepted here. All ya'll know who ya' are too. My props out to ya' and hope to see you there. PVD is always welcome and we all hope he comes back for a second round there. A ten hour set would be nice!!! And for those of you who didn't know one of the new tracks he laid down during the set, It's called The Rock-Moguai presents Punx. It came out on Vinyl in November of last year and has finally made it's way to PVD's hands. I can't believe he played it.

Be Yourself on Friday with DT, I'll be there with my brother because he decided to stay another weekend. Plus nothing much happens back in Michigan. Peace.

Gotta keep on dancin'......gotta keep on groovin'......music is the answer.......

Originally posted by digitaldan

Matt, is this comprehensive and in order?

yeah srue it is...if you can find me the girl then i am pretty sure i can put in sometype of order

mustfindgirl.jpg

^^^ i must find that girl in the middle....she was at roxy not srue about ARC

Man, I was just thinking how nuts that place was going... as soon as I walked in there I felt like I was in that commercial for that Eminem movie 8 Mile where the crowd is going nuts. I wasn't gonna say anything to compare the two but my friend who went said the same thing. Anyone else think that?

Originally posted by tottallyoff

That is definitely not in order. He played Underworld well into the first hour. Still - very very very impressive taub. Where did you get the listing for this?

Vandit Brothers Allinace 2002, some friends and me

its not in order at alll

Originally posted by xpander

Up to "Take Me Higher" (sucky), he was playing at least the last 3-5 tracks really hard. You could tell the beats settling off when that track played. He's not playing progressive at all...he USED to play quite the bit of progressive in his sets. Nowadays he's just playing a lot harder, which I find to be quite annoying.

Quite honestly, the music was good, but not great. PvD is not what he used to be anymore, which is a shame. It's much harder, and the diversity in his sets are near lost. Also, the mixing was NOT perfect like someone described, and there were quite the few major cheezers. However, lots of good tracks I don't know, and a couple of new and old classics made it mad fun.

damn some people are hard to please, but i just wanted to say that pvd did try to put in some diversity to the set, but no one took to it...i think the slow progressive stuff that was mentioned earlier, the funky housey stuff is definitely more his thing these days, but we're still stuck on good old fashioned trance