Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone ever had LASIK eye surgery?

quoth

Originally posted by hotcheme

my dad had it done. his nearsightedness is much better but he has to wear glasses for his farsightedness.

i can ask him about it for you if you want.

well im only nearsighted but perhaps his case was much worse.

On the other hand...how much better is his sight? is it 20/20 or not exactly?

and yes if can get me some more info..thatd be cool.

I was considering it too - but I am NOT going to now until they improve the procedure- People who have given me their testimonials say they see halos - I have enough halluncinations without seeing halos around eerything - plus it's too expensiv e for me--

For now I will keep poking my finger in my eye or sport the sophisticated chic look :)

i have many friends who have had it done and they swear by it. i was considering it but i think i'm gonna wait it out......it's a relatively new procedure and it can only be done once....if your eye gets worse later on in life you can't do it again.

Originally posted by danamdkny

:laugh:

Today I am sporting the deathly ill pale look :)

thats ok sweets...

i sport that look every fuckin day of my life :laugh:

dr0ne: yea fuckin i even asked my eye doctor since he did tell me im definitely a candate for it but he goes you basically can only have it done once and fuckin...yer eyes COULD become worse later on so its lke wtf..might as well wear contacts or glasses right?

My Mom got it done this summer; she absolutely loves it and was trying to convince me to get it done. I have no desire, as unlike her, contacts are not a problem for me. Her vision is now better than 20/20. She does get halos, but apparently there's some new procedure that doesn't cause that. Ummm you should only get it done if your eyesight has been the same for many years b/c as already stated you can't have it done again. Also, it doesn't account for presbyopia... she is going to need reading glasses.

Guest gabo
Originally posted by somebitch

i know a lot of people who have gotten it done and they all said DO IT... i dont mind wearing contacts though & sometimes glasses are cute. i think my insurance covers it but i dont think im gonna do it.

I had it done 2 years ago and my insurance told me to fuck off when I asked them if they would cover it

I had it done this past summer at The Laser Center on 57th street. Let me tell you how worth it, it really is, I was a borderline candidate because I had bad astigmatism and on top of that horrible night vision (my pupils would dialate to almost double the normal size of a normal person, like I was tripping all the time). So most of the cheap lasik docs would do the procedure with a normal laser but I would still have horrible night vision, the older lasers could only cover about 5-6 mm of the pupil. So lets just say if there was someone who MAY have complications with lasik it would be me. I went there after a few consultations and had it done with a newer laser that tracks your eye movements and covers a wider area. It was over in like 15 min for both eyes but shit, what is this horrible fuckin pain! The burning and stinging (which is sort of normal) after the surgery was a lot worse for me since the laser was basically burning a wider area of my eye, I like an asshole rubbed my eye after, therefore moving that flap of my cornea out of place and had to get it reattached. So for like 2 weeks I took off and just let it all heal. Now 3 months later I am seeing 20/15, better then 20/20, and if it worked for me, its gotta work for most people. I am satisfied except it did cost a lot, but its your eyes, dont go to one of the cheap docs.

Originally posted by dp80

I had it done this past summer at The Laser Center on 57th street. Let me tell you how worth it, it really is, I was a borderline candidate because I had bad astigmatism and on top of that horrible night vision (my pupils would dialate to almost double the normal size of a normal person, like I was tripping all the time). So most of the cheap lasik docs would do the procedure with a normal laser but I would still have horrible night vision, the older lasers could only cover about 5-6 mm of the pupil. So lets just say if there was someone who MAY have complications with lasik it would be me. I went there after a few consultations and had it done with a newer laser that tracks your eye movements and covers a wider area. It was over in like 15 min for both eyes but shit, what is this horrible fuckin pain! The burning and stinging (which is sort of normal) after the surgery was a lot worse for me since the laser was basically burning a wider area of my eye, I like an asshole rubbed my eye after, therefore moving that flap of my cornea out of place and had to get it reattached. So for like 2 weeks I took off and just let it all heal. Now 3 months later I am seeing 20/15, better then 20/20, and if it worked for me, its gotta work for most people. I am satisfied except it did cost a lot, but its your eyes, dont go to one of the cheap docs.

werd...

interesting story brotha man.

keep in touch,

i too have astigmatism.

but whats the deal with the burning afterwards?? i was never told that i was told its 100% painless

Originally posted by gabo

I had it done 2 years ago and my insurance told me to fuck off when I asked them if they would cover it

hehe, sux. i think they cover part or half or something :confused: it probably pays for them to cover it in the long run because a pair of glasses is around 400$ so if you get new ones every 2 years, you quickly match the cost of the surgery.

...i was told by insurance companies that it is considered cosmetic surgery and therefore not covered...either way, i am waiting it out as well....enen though my father is going to pay half, i really only have one good eye....my left eye is where i had a corneal transplant and will never see 20/20 out of that eye...so for me, the risk of messing with the one good eye is too high right now...couple of years...maybe...'sides, glasses have come a long way both in the styles and acceptance since i was young tot...

Originally posted by somebitch

hehe, sux. i think they cover part or half or something :confused: it probably pays for them to cover it in the long run because a pair of glasses is around 400$ so if you get new ones every 2 years, you quickly match the cost of the surgery.

i know my dad's insurance did not cover any of it.

I can't wear contacts all the time - pretty much only when i'm going out. And, cause i've got pretty bad astigmatism they are mad pricey.

Been thinking about this for a while but been waiting even though some friends had good results. The results have been less good for people with astigmatism so i'm wondering:

dp80: hook us up with your doctor's info kid!

Guest gabo

I had to pay for the entire thing out of my own pocket..... but well worth it!

now its a lot cheaper so if you are sick of glasses or contacts get it done!

it isnt painful only alittle discomfort fo ra few min and your done... the doctor game me a valium too to calm me down.... and it worked wonders.

i had lasik done in may and highly reccommend it. i have 20/20 and no glare or halos. i went to dr. ken moadel in the city. he did bernie williams eyes. you can go for a free consult and he will tell you if you are a candidate. they also have monthly payment plans and my insurance covered 25%. don't think about it, just go for it and you will not regret it.