Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who Plays The Sickest Hard Tribal?

I want to see what the people on this board think. My experience has been Junior Vasquez on nights like his birthday... and sometime Dj Boris plays it on KTU.

I'm talking about the hard, dark and aggressive NYC tribal beats.

Not the mellow, slow stuff some of the european dj's are playing lately.

The nastiest tribal I've heard spun live was at Juniorverse. The first time I went was in late 96 or early 97 I believe, and the music was fucking nasty. Since then I've never been to an afterhours party that was as good as Juniorverse; the vibe every Sunday morning was one of the chillest, the the music was (and still is) untouchable.

Earth is a fucking joke compared to Juniorverse, but the music is still on-point. Junior is one of the older dj's in NYC who continues to create and spin music that sends a clear message to dj's and house music lovers alike: I can still get get open, and I don't plan on stopping any time soon; you may think you're nasty, but I am filthy.

I love New York; fuck everything to the North, South, East, and West of it

O.K. Cool. Those are some pretty interesting answers. Junior was no surprize.... I heard him spin the sickest tribal set in years at his B-Day in August. The guy that said "earth is a joke compared to juniorverse" is right. But the B-day night was probably better than any event during juniorverse.

Let's put it this way... Junior played a ridiculous 12 hour hard set from 5am till about 5pm.... after that it was pretty up and down, but still amazing. And when I left at 7pm, the place literally had no place to move. And this place is WAYYY bigger than twilo! They shut the party down at 12:30am Monday.

Lawler I also heard, and do agree to some extend. His style gets a little slow at times and is not quite as hard, but still it's very dark, underground and sexy tribal.

These are the dj's I need to check out, cause I've never heard them spin.

That Kid Chris, Rick Pier O'Neill, Oscar G, Tom Stephan, David Quest.

I'm surprised nobody else said Boris. I guess it's rare when he plays. It's like twice a month on KTU at like 3 in the morning. I once put it on in my stereo, and I couldn't believe that I was hearing that shit on the radio! It took me right back to memories of the dancefloor while in allllterred stttattttess :)

Dj Boris the only Dj on KTU that plays hard tribal house music.He spins every Sat at Discotheq another Hard house Dj in Jersey at Tribeca nightclub every sat night Anthony Nero.He plays NYC Hard house music in jersey at Tribeca sat.Ive been to Exit with Junior hes very tribal and lets not forget Victor Calderone.

boris is good, depends on where he spins. he changes his style for differnt club. like at discotheque he spins mostly tribal and underground music. but when he was at limelight with thorin and sevans party he was mostly progressive house and trance also with some hard tribal.

Z

As John Digweed said on a live set that Lawler played on his show back in September...."ur listening to the king of all tribal beats...steve lawler"...the guy is unmatchable.....i hear that Victor Calderon is pretty good too but i never heard him spin anything real crazy...i have one live set of his which is pretty hot...i saw lawler at vinyl back in may....ummmm i dont do drugs and vinyl serves no liquor and it was one of the best DJ sets ive heard and i danced all night sober...first time that happened...satoshi tomiie who is considered progressive throws down some night tribal sometimes

Here are my responses to what some of the people posted.....

Victor Calderone..... Tribal... Yes Definately. Underground.... Definately. But I dont think he qualifies for the hard sick shit that sends the bass vibrating throughout your body like this guy is talking about.

Tom Superchumbo Stephan.... Same. Definatley very tribal, but not the hard aggressive beats.

Lawler. Yes! This guy is good with the tribal. He's always got some dard and hard tribal in his sets. VERY good dj.

Junior.... Fuck yeah!!!! I think this guy has to have the sickest shit out there. I've heard it said many times that he creates a lot of that stuff from his booth. That's why you never find it ANYWHERE. I mean literally NOWHERE. I just bought his new c.d., and he does NOT have it on there. It's a great c.d., but Junior never plays his sick tribal beats on c.d. Never has, never will. You gotta go to the big events for that. He doens't go nuts on a weekly basis anymore like he used to. Now it's just nights like his birthday, halloween, black party, red party, new years, etc... and once in while on just a regular saturday night/sunday morning.

Hector Romero..... Noway. Waaaaay too mellow.

Dj Boris..... For hard, intense, crazy tribal beats... this guy is the closest you can find to Junior in my opinion. He might not always be as underground as someone like Lawler..... but definately harder, and once in while on KTU he goes fuckin nuts!

Do you want proof of that??? I've got proof for you......

Listen to this set he played.......

http://www.djboris.com/mixes/051802-2.ram

I suggest forwarding it to about the 13 minute mark.... cause after the 14 minute mark is where he starts getting good.... and this set has plenty of that sick tribal shit that hardcore NYC partyers love.

Enjoy!!!

DJ VIBE Never heard of. Where I can I find his stuff?

and

SAEED AND PALASH....... Very true. Good call buddy. I totally forgot about them. Saeed and Palash c.d. in my opinion is one of the best ones out there for people that like it hard, with a tribal twist. Very underground as well.

Originally posted by afterhour

DJ VIBE Never heard of. Where I can I find his stuff?

and

SAEED AND PALASH....... Very true. Good call buddy. I totally forgot about them. Saeed and Palash c.d. in my opinion is one of the best ones out there for people that like it hard, with a tribal twist. Very underground as well.

DJ VIBE FROM PORTUGAL :)