Clubplanet Nightlife Community

so how was dream?huh? huh? huh

spinsaikel

Originally posted by vicman

soundsystem is horrible but at least the music he was spinning was good. got my good amount of gropping accomplished so im a happpy camper :D

I agree, the sound system was crappy, the first resident DJ was as crappy as the sound system. Reval was booing him for a while..hehe. Weird thing was that when the crappy DJ took a rest all the people took off and Sean Cusick was pretty much playing to an empty crowd. Oh well, not bad for a free entrance and nice eye candy.

Originally posted by zaguero

I agree, the sound system was crappy, the first resident DJ was as crappy as the sound system. Reval was booing him for a while..hehe. Weird thing was that when the crappy DJ took a rest all the people took off and Sean Cusick was pretty much playing to an empty crowd. Oh well, not bad for a free entrance and nice eye candy.

it's funny how mr. barnes spent all that money on building a "dream club," and he went cheap on the sound system and lighting. ok, they may be mac lighting and an EAW avalon sound system.... but that doesnt mean shit when it performs horribly.

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Ahhh yes, nothing like the distinctive "boooffff booooffff boooffff" of the Dream sound system :rolleyes:

Kinda glad I didn't go - heh

I couldn't bring myself to endure the groping (especially from vicman and zag and reval... i know they'd be the biggest gropers in the whole place!!!) ;)

so that explains why you guys walked with both of your hands palms up against your thighs. So when you do "accidentally" bump into a girl, you'd get a feel....or 2. ya sickos! all of yous! so eh.....can i join your team?

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Kinda glad I didn't go - heh

I couldn't bring myself to endure the groping (especially from vicman and zag and reval... i know they'd be the biggest gropers in the whole place!!!) ;)

werd, u know i dont have second thoughts about showing my "affection" to unsuspecting girls :eek::D

I don't know where to begin...

the sound system was horrible! For the first time ever in a club I was using make shift earplugs (napkins) because I thought my ears were going to start bleeding if I didn't do something! Someone told me they have an avalon sound system.. if they do... TURN THE DAMN THING DOWN! Geez!

The floor we were on wasn't too bad in the groping department (um, with the exception of that damn Vicman! :tongue: ) I did however spend a few minutes walking through the crowd on the first floor where I was not only treated to the lovely sounds of Tupac's/Dr. Dre's "California" but I was subjected to more hands on my ass than a trip to Glow! :eek:

I thought Cusick's set was okay. All I could really hear was the same pounding beat over & over (this could have been due to the sound system or maybe it was my head, I'd been drinking since 7:30 pm *lol*)

Scott Henry is at Dream next Saturday if anyone is interested.

Originally posted by cookiegirl

After these glowing reviews, how could I resist? :tongue:

HAHA. I won't be there for Scott Henry but I thought some of you might be willing to suffer to see him. *edit* scratch what I said about him being on from 11:30 to 1 am. I read the flyer wrong. Two of the djs from Innuendo (Matt Ward v. Bitchesbrew) are on at that time. It doesn't list Henry's set time.

I actually had a pretty decent time at Dream. The first DJ was going all over the place (from 80's to hard house), but it wasn't too crowded upstairs which I liked (downstairs was a mess). Also quite surprised with the crowd - ppl did seem to be enjoying themselves even though it didn't seem they came to see Sean.

I liked Cusick's set very much - maybe it was because he played a lot harder than I expected. Sound system, I thought, was pretty clear but WAY TOO LOUD! Yeah, I had to resort to those makeshift earplugs too!

TB: I might be up for checking out Scott Henry at Dream next weekend. Haven't seen him in a while.

My turn:

Th guestlist shit ruled. I was impressd at how fast the line moved and we didnt have to bullshit about lists or get excuses about "my email messed up" or any of that crap. They didnt stress my shoes or the cargo pocket on my pants. I think as long as you're there by 11:00, it's all good.

As I've said before, I love the club. It's beautiful and laid out REALLY well. PLus, for us, there are enough other rooms to rid the "techno" room of all the bullshit fuckheads. I dig that. Plus it was progressive. I got to talk to Bitchesbrew for a lil while and she took me back to meet Sean. As I've heard he is pretty cool and approachable...especially for some who is in the middle of spinning.

I asked him about the crowd a lil and he admitted he wasn't playing his normal stuff. I told him that I knew everybody that was still on the dancefloor (i guesss this was late in the night) and told him thats what we wanted to hear. After that, it got a lil darker, but it was prolly too late to produce any mindfucking, a la his latest KissFM (which I mentioned to him, incedentally...*with a Long Island Ice Tea accent* "It wwwass fuuucking brrrilliant!").

I had a great time overall. Fuck the soundsystem. There were a couple places you could stand to hear everything...move a lil to the left or right and it got fucked up, though.

The problem is that all te speakers face the back. if you're at the front all the sound flies over your head. Not to mention that they have an obsessively large amount of 24" subs lining the front of the stage. It has to be 10 or 12 in a row. Ridiculous.

Yes, its EAW, Yes it's Avalon, and Yes you still need to know how to tweak it in order to make it sound right. Similar to UP, it amazes me that they spend all that money and no one listens to it to see if it sounds good? WTF?

Anyway, I'd prolly go back, but only to see a big name or to support a friend. But Scott ain't that big.

i will say this: the music was sooo much better than the other 2 times i had been at dream. for a good dj, i would go back there.

tinybf and myself got stuck in the line for a good 20 or 30 min, by the time we finally got in it was like 11:25 or so and the guest list was over, we had to pay $10 to get in

no sneakers...although if you go with tons of hot girls i dont think they would mind.

dress code would be like Glow was b4 they relaxed their dress code policy

A few more questions on Eggmok's behalf:

1. Can he wear his UFO's?

2. How about his sleeveless shirt?

3. When he really starts going can he take off his shirt?

Oh sorry Egg I almost forgot the last question you had.

He really wants to know if he can bring his glowsticks?

Originally posted by pgiddy

Acrtually, I saw some glowstix in there...and toward the end, there was a circle with some ppl doing tricks with sticks on mini-strings!

Originally posted by pgiddy

1. ummm...yes

2. ummm..yes

3. ummm..yes again

4. yes one more time.

:blown:

i will say this: the music was sooo much better than the other 2 times i had been at dream. for a good dj, i would go back there.

tinybf and myself got stuck in the line for a good 20 or 30 min, by the time we finally got in it was like 11:25 or so and the guest list was over, we had to pay $10 to get in

I ended up somewhere's in the vicinty of Dream (I think) around 11:45 or so when we finally gave up and found a bar called Beercellar (??) - way too many flavors of beers to even count at that place :eek: but I was sorry to miss Cusick and you guys :(

Originally posted by whadupg

I ended up somewhere's in the vicinty of Dream (I think) around 11:45 or so when we finally gave up and found a bar called Beercellar (??) - way too many flavors of beers to even count at that place :eek: but I was sorry to miss Cusick and you guys :(

the Brickskellar :D Over 800 beers to choose from! Or something like that.

Yeah, you weren't anywhere near Dream ;) we missed ya!

hmm..beer cellar? i think you might have ended up in the other side of town. well we'll eventually meet up, one day...one day....:)

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

the Brickskellar :D Over 800 beers to choose from! Or something like that.

Yeah, you weren't anywhere near Dream ;) we missed ya!

Haha! Yup - Brickskellar - that's the one!

hmm..beer cellar? i think you might have ended up in the other side of town. well we'll eventually meet up, one day...one day....

....soon I'm sure - I'm trying to figure out when I can get back to ny - would love to for Lawler, but no way I can swing it - maybe last weekend in Nov- anyone going to arc for DH/DT?

Haha! Yup - Brickskellar - that's the one!

....soon I'm sure - I'm trying to figure out when I can get back to ny - would love to for Lawler, but no way I can swing it - maybe last weekend in Nov- anyone going to arc for DH/DT?

Wish I could go!