Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How would you describe yourself (nationality wise?)

sassa

100% american.

You know I'm kind of surprised that there is not 95% of the replies being American because if you were born in the states, your American, this also applies to those that were born overseas because their parents were/are in the military, state dept. Simply put, if you were born to 2 US citizens YOUR NATIONALITY IS AMERICAN. NATIONALITY: the status of belonging to a particular nation by birth...

Now you are asking about my heritage, I'm german, irish and scottish

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100% american.

You know I'm kind of surprised that there is not 95% of the replies being American because if you were born in the states, your American, this also applies to those that were born overseas because their parents were/are in the military, state dept. Simply put, if you were born to 2 US citizens YOUR NATIONALITY IS AMERICAN. NATIONALITY: the status of belonging to a particular nation by birth...

Now you are asking about my heritage, I'm german, irish and scottish

1/2= German, English, Irish

1/2= for lack of more information, I'll say "American Black"... sadly, the family tree was hacked into pieces due to slavery, so that's as specific as I can get... and a tiny percentage Cherokee.

And duh, that's what I'm descended from, thanks capt. obvious, we all knew what she meant. :rolleyes::tongue:

Originally posted by uscuba22000

100% american.

Thank you.

I don't understand why people mark themselves with tattoos, and stickers on their car, clothes, etc. with symbols of other countries.

Originally posted by legend38

Thank you.

I don't understand why people mark themselves with tattoos, and stickers on their car, clothes, etc. with symbols of other countries.

There's nothing wrong in taking pride in your heritage. What is "America," if not a mish-mosh of cultures?

Besides, few of us are *truly* Americans anyway, nearly all of the Americans were murdered yrs ago by European "explorers."

Originally posted by heretic909

Most of my ancestors are Germans that lived in the Bessarabia region of Russia for a short time before they immigrated over here. I could go on for awhile about how they were treated like shit, unloaded from boxcars in Siberia where they were left to freeze to death, and how many of them kept having to change their names to avoid conflicts with govts making it almost impossible for me to trace back a lot of my ancestry, but it'd probably bore you all to death.

A few of them also came directly from Hamburg, Germany, and a few of them I've traced back to Denmark.

I actually find that very interesting because I have a similar problem. I think my family originated in Germany and then migrated to Finland. There was a name change along the way and I can't seem to find out why or when or about anyone beyond my great grandparents. Its funny cause my dads brother uses the old family name while the rest of us don't.

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . Spanish Moroccan. . .

HELL-O! That sounds nice.

Forgive me, I have a Moroccan Fetish.

100% American

I am Haitian, Dominican, Portuguese, French, and English in background. Family moves around about every 2 generations so I lose the line after great grandparents. I was doin' some research and my Spanish last name ( from Dominican Rep.) might mean I have some claim to the Spanish throne.... any links to the throne means you can marry any European Royalty. What a fit they would have to see a darkie like me out w/ their royalty.

:laugh:

My parents are from Nicaragua.

Everyone doesn t believe it, they all say

I look - Venezuelan, Argentine, Italian,French,

"white", and arab!

My ancestors were- Spanish (DUH!),

Russian, Native peoples of Nicaragua,

and a LOOOOOONG time ago French

PEACE MIAMI!!!

Originally posted by heretic909

Most of my ancestors are Germans that lived in the Bessarabia region of Russia for a short time before they immigrated over here.

was there a specific name that they were referred to as? sounds similar to what happened to my grandpa's neighbors (Danube Swabian) after he came over here (except that happned in Yugoslavia

:(

Originally posted by scaredgirl

im Lebanise , Spanish , Mexican

I born In Mexico my Father Is Lebanese And My Grand Mother The mother of my mom was from Spain ....

so im like 30% lebanese 50% Mexican 20%Spanish

Hmmmm, sounds like Shakira.................

I think she's like 50% Lebanese, 25% Spanish, 25% Italian.

I think

Originally posted by urbainchic

HELL-O! That sounds nice.

Forgive me, I have a Moroccan Fetish.

100% American

I am Haitian, Dominican, Portuguese, French, and English in background. Family moves around about every 2 generations so I lose the line after great grandparents. I was doin' some research and my Spanish last name ( from Dominican Rep.) might mean I have some claim to the Spanish throne.... any links to the throne means you can marry any European Royalty. What a fit they would have to see a darkie like me out w/ their royalty.

:laugh:

. . :laugh: . . .werd! . . . ;) . .