Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wmc Announced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DETROIT

Originally posted by pod

Starts in the middle of the bloody week? That's rather skewed.

Well, maybe it's the conference itself, not the parties at night...

I dont think they would do that, not make the parties go hand in hand with the conference, like they did this past year, and im sure they do every year, people would be all fucked up then, hotel and plane wise. Its a little weird, but oh well, during WMC do u even care what day of the week it is....

Originally posted by pod

Point taken, but I feel bad for the majority of this board, who work day jobs, and would have to miss some of the events...

well I guess some of us would have to use our job benefits and take personal days off or vacation days. :D

Originally posted by laliux

well I guess some of us would have to use our job benefits and take personal days off or vacation days. :D

Yeah but even last yr, Monday and Tuesday were the biggest nights, so you still missed 3 days of work, this year you would miss, wed-fri instead, same shit.

Originally posted by pod

I know it'll be successful no matter what, but I'm really wondering why they changed the days...you'd think they'd want the whole weekend to use, since the beach will only grant the 7 AM extension on the weekend.

Pod, lay off the pipe :D

they are still using the whole weekend according to those dates, just the final day would be Sunday night and not Wednesday or Thursday.

hey i think the 18th is a tuesday. I may be tired, but it looks that way, and the 22nd is a saturday, my calender may be fucked, i dont know, just trying to help you guys figure thie shit out, it would be even more weird if its the days i think, so maybe i am just looking at a fucked up calendar.

?

Originally posted by cj7dave2

hey i think the 18th is a tuesday. I may be tired, but it looks that way, and the 22nd is a saturday, my calender may be fucked, i dont know, just trying to help you guys figure thie shit out, it would be even more weird if its the days i think, so maybe i am just looking at a fucked up calendar.

?

Dude you are right, (checked the calendar on my computer) but went to the WMC web site and they show the same dates. I wonder what is up less nightclub showcases?? That would be weird but seems odd these dates for sure. :confused:

What's the difference??? Six here, a half-dozen there! The conference has traditional started with registration on Saturday and ran through 'til Wednesday. All the big parties were usually Sunday. Monday and Tuesday.... You've got a few months to plan... so fuck your day jobs! Party on Wayne!

From what i heard, they did that because it was becoming to "commercial" so they are doing it so the real fans are the ones that go.

Where is the startegy to eliminate the "poser" crowd?

Anyway, too bad, I love to start the WMC going to Ultra fresh, like my inauguaration ceremony...

But, it could probably be better this way.

Peace.:cool:

Hey

I just the registration for the WMC in the mail today, and was wondering about purchasing the badge. I would use it for most of the nightclub events since they say reduced/complimentary admission and I wondered how true this was or if there are other perks like less line wait. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peace

DBH

Sounds like a better layout to me. Think of it this way ... with every prior year of WMC the parties were always dead by Wednesday .. and if you were trying to host a party on Tuesday or wednesday you could pretty much count on a burned out crowd. If conference starts on a Wed and ends on the week-end, the momentum of the conference can build up to a blazing finish instead of trickling off at the middle of the week.

Whatever the case, I'm looking forward to attending once again ... this will be year 6 for me now ... sheesh!

i like this new arrangement....

dam i cant recall how many WMC ive attended..probably 6 or 7..

the flyer says this is the 18th WMC. but when did it start in Miami?

anyone know WMC history???

Originally posted by tsheritage

Whatever the case, I'm looking forward to attending once again ... this will be year 6 for me now ... sheesh!

Ok, this is fucked up about Ultra.......

If they have it the Saturday before, no dj's/people will be there, because nothing starts till Tuesday, But if they have it on the saturday of the 22nd, the conference would still be in session, and the awards would be that night, so not many DJ's/attendee's can show up either.......

I dont know how they will work it out.

Originally posted by fwilso01

Ok, this is fucked up about Ultra.......

If they have it the Saturday before, no dj's/people will be there, because nothing starts till Tuesday, But if they have it on the saturday of the 22nd, the conference would still be in session, and the awards would be that night, so not many DJ's/attendee's can show up either.......

I dont know how they will work it out.

1)Why would it be the Saturday before, its during WMC.

2)Do you know DJ's agendas that they can't show up and what there doing.

3)If the Conference and all the other parties are during the week, why cant Ultra be on a Wed, Thurs, Friday, what is the difference, who cares what day of the week it is, who keeps track during wmc anyway.