Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Louie Devito And The Truth Hurts

buredf

Originally posted by apotheosis

Without starting drama, the man is selling alot of dance/club music. Artists/writers are getting paid. Thats a good thing.

with starting drama, people who make music that bad should starve to death. slowly and painfully.

Originally posted by dr0ne

with starting drama, people who make music that bad should starve to death. slowly and painfully.

oh stop it, hes just taking tracks that were hot in the club and re-editing them radio style.

I guarentee tracks you LIKED at one point are on there.

I don't know why everyone bashes Louie DeVito. He's not mixing these CDs for people who are truly into the music, he's mixing them for people who just casually listen to electronic music. He's not aiming to sell his CD to people who frequent places like Arc, Centro, or any of these kind of clubs. His target audience is like, h.s. girls, or female fitness instructors to listen to during their workouts. And if you look at the tracklisting, he's got some hot tracks on there, songs that blew up entire clubs upon being dropped at one time.

Originally posted by zeeker

I don't know why everyone bashes Louie DeVito. He's not mixing these CDs for people who are truly into the music, he's mixing them for people who just casually listen to electronic music. He's not aiming to sell his CD to people who frequent places like Arc, Centro, or any of these kind of clubs. His target audience is like, h.s. girls, or female fitness instructors to listen to during their workouts. And if you look at the tracklisting, he's got some hot tracks on there, songs that blew up entire clubs upon being dropped at one time.

Exactly!

And no matter how many times I say it, its still the same old ignornace that surfaces.

Although I think he (and all dj's like him) suck shit, you need crossover guys like that in the genre to keep it going and bring new fans. Think about rap music, what really got alot of us middle class white kids into it, fucking vanilla ice and hammer, dont lie... because its true if you're anywhere around my age. So that cross-over is essential, even if it can be made fun of it needs to be somewhat "appreciated"

what i do not like about the guy is this

he calls himself the #1 DJ in america and i have heard several times on the radio that he is also a producer.

everyone is free to do their own thing.. but i dont like the idea of people lying and trying to convince his fans that he is what he is not.

thats all

i think he should be real with people and he might get alot more respect.

Originally posted by buredf

what i do not like about the guy is this

he calls himself the #1 DJ in america and i have heard several times on the radio that he is also a producer.

everyone is free to do their own thing.. but i dont like the idea of people lying and trying to convince his fans that he is what he is not.

thats all

i think he should be real with people and he might get alot more respect.

True. But then again isn't it the presentation? all about the show?

Tell people something enough times, and they start to believe it.

Its like car commericals

The new Honda Privia "#1 in its class!!!" yeah meanwhile its class consists of only 5 other subcompact cars, under 15,000 WITH a full size spare, NO MOONROOF, and 5/50,000 warrenty. Such Bullshit.

One thing I hate is when I'm talking to my friends (who dont go clubbing that much) about music & DJ's & Louie Devito is the first name that comes out of there mouth. The man gets a lot of recognition for other ppl's work. & it's kinda of insulting when his record label can't even spell Luz Divina's last name right.

Without starting drama, the man is selling alot of dance/club music. Artists/writers are getting paid. Thats a good thing.

well...then he needs to pay a certain DJ that a track featured on his volume 4 disc....cause i know for a fact...he's not paying some of the artist their royalties, he's corrupt...and a fucking joke:rolleyes:

Blahhâ„¢.. I think one of the big reasons that people can't stand him is because he takes music that WAS once big and hot in some of the clubs and puts it on a CD like a year or two later and then you got the people who think they are all cool and shit who buy it and blast it in their car stereos with their systems turned up, acting like they are all stylin', playing the newest dance music around when in fact, he's out playing an already played out track.. that kinda thing gets on people's nerves..

Love him or hate him (and I realize there's not much love here), he is designing the CD (mix wise, track wise) so that he will make money. And he does. U put a bunch of commercial tracks on a CD and a bunch of commerical mainstream consumers will see it, think it the best thing they've ever seen (the better to blast in their cars with), and buy it. And he has made a name for himself with those particular consumers.

Granted, he's also made a negative name for himself with ppl like us who can tell the difference between greatness and crap, but that probably doesn't mean much to him when we are a small percentage of the population that wouldn't make much of a dent in his sales anyway.

Mike - How could you possibly come out on the side of saying that what this represents is a good thing?

I usually try to stay out of these things, but what ever happened to artistic ethic?