Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A question for anyone who smokes Cigarettes...

I didn't know where else to post this so I'm posting this here...For those of you who smoke & who are getting or have a little discoloring in their teeth...Have any of you ever tried any of those teeth whitening products ?? I never tried using any of them & I wanted to buy the new Simply White crap I think it's by Colgate...Anyway..my question is...Do they actually work ? If they do do they still make your teeth white even if you use the product while smoking ?? & How white do they actually turn your teeth ?? I'm obsessed with my teeth & I want to keep them pearly white!! LoL So does anyone know ? :confused:

ya dont bother bleaching ur teeth or ne thing till u stop smoking or else theres no point. when u stop smoking have a dentist clean ur teeth, that should do the trick. if it doesnt u might want to look into laser whitening, its done in one hour and is safe. i dont think it strips the enamel like bleach does. those paste that u put on ur teeth with that plastic thing dont work to well either, plust it takes like 6 weeks. i just wrote a paper on smoking, its horrible, dont do it. ur just making someone rich to kill u. i calculated that over 30 years a pack a day smoker spends about 102,000 dollars on cigs. u could buy a house with that money. tonythelover loves you so dont smoke

Originally posted by tunnelbandit

The patch is shit.

I've been hearing good things about Zyban and I'm considering it.

I used the patch for a month and a half... Took it off and have not smoked in the past 10 1/2 Months... It is basically if you are ready to quit or not... Otherwise nothing will work... My step-father used Zyban with full success as well...

AS FOR TEETH WHITENING...

QUIT!!!

If your teeth are discolored and they are not there for filtering. Imagine what your lungs look like... It is funny how people are more worried about how something looks and do not worry about what is going on inside...

Originally posted by t0nythelover

ya dont bother bleaching ur teeth or ne thing till u stop smoking or else theres no point. when u stop smoking have a dentist clean ur teeth, that should do the trick. if it doesnt u might want to look into laser whitening, its done in one hour and is safe. i dont think it strips the enamel like bleach does. those paste that u put on ur teeth with that plastic thing dont work to well either, plust it takes like 6 weeks. i just wrote a paper on smoking, its horrible, dont do it. ur just making someone rich to kill u. i calculated that over 30 years a pack a day smoker spends about 102,000 dollars on cigs. u could buy a house with that money. tonythelover loves you so dont smoke

It is funny I did a break down on how much you actually waste... Cause I added the money I used to spend on cigarettes in a week to my contributions that I am already making to my 401k. And with compounding interest it comes out to a hell of alot more than $102,000. But that is when invested... Not just pure saving... :)

Peace...

Scott

I smoke cigs and my dad's a dentist (yeah, he hates that I smoke).

Laser bleaching works really well. Removes all the stains and it should last at least a year or two, a little less if you smoke a lot and drink red wine, dark colas or fruit juices, etc. It's pretty $$ though and insurance doesn't cover it. If you can afford it, do it though. The results are fabulous.

As for over the counter bleaching, the Crest whitestrips are your best bet.

Originally posted by quoth

SONICARE TOOTHBRUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

It fuckin works wonders. I got one not too long ago..fuckin shit is cool as fuck..makes brushing fun and gets rids of all that nasty shit.

cause only god knows what grows on ur teeth:D

hehehe j/k

QUIT SMOKING, I quit right after going to the hospital for a bad asthma attack about 2 months ago. I guess it kinda scared me into not smoking anymore, plus my bf hates smoke so I used to just smoke when I went out not around him, but yea you feel so much better after you quit. I can acutally run now without feeling like im going to die :)