Clubplanet Nightlife Community

hotels for wmc...

okay, i've been to miami twice but stayed with friends so i have no idea what places are nice to stay at...

for those of you who've been to south beach, what are the best hotels? location has to be good and rooms shouldn't be too expensive ($200 and under would be nice)... i've looking up places since the wmc dates were announced but im still sort of clueless... i keep looking at the holiday inn... any good? help please :)

There are plenty of great spots to stay at on the beach. My absolute favorite is Loews Miami Beach. Close to everything, amazing pool area, great ammentities, excellent bars and dining. Its the ultimate in luxury, but a bit pricey. More reasonably priced runners-up include:

-Cardozo-its on Ocean Dr., nice seafood restaurant, nice rooms, still a bit expensive.

-The Clevelender-on Ocean, always a party at the beachfront pool/bars, rooms are ok, attracts a younger crowd.

-The Tides-on Ocean, absolutely beautiful hotel

-The Marlin-on Ocean, very art deco, ok rooms

Then there are the cheap ones:

-The Governor-ok rooms, kinda out of the way (21st. & washington), poolside patrons tend to be a little ghetto, stayed here once for $55

-The President-on collins, close to everything

-Any other hotel that sounds executive-like

Anything on Collins Ave is pretty good location. For the most part, you won't even be in your hotel room, between going out, shopping, the beach, etc. etc. etc....YOui might pass out for a lil bit and just take showers....

I stayed at the Fairfax. Big rooms, clean, not too far from anything, beach was right across the street.... I think it was like 100 bucks a night.....

Originally posted by kingartur

I'm staying in Seville beach hotel on Collins and 29th:bounce:

my friends stayed there a few years ago. it's a nice hotel right on the beach and very decently priced.

are you going to rent a car while you're there? if you are, you could consider staying a little further up on collins around the seville hotel area.

hopefully i'll be staying at a friend's condo again facing the bay, a few blocks from lincoln drive :cool:

Originally posted by nifer

my friends stayed there a few years ago. it's a nice hotel right on the beach and very decently priced.

are you going to rent a car while you're there? if you are, you could consider staying a little further up on collins around the seville hotel area.

hopefully i'll be staying at a friend's condo again facing the bay, a few blocks from lincoln drive :cool:

I don't think i'lll be renting a car there, its hard finding parking and everything is walking distance from my hotel if not there is always a cab

Last year I stayed at the Breakwater Hotel. Wasn't bad...rooms were only $99/night. Its right across the street from the beach. Clevlander is about 2 blocks away. Not much room to chill in your room...but who the hell is gonna be in their room? Anybody know who's spinnin' at th Ultra Fest yet? Is Carl Cox gonna be there? I hope so.

Jrsygrl

I recently got back from Miami. I stayed at the Chelsea and ahd the best time. I would go back to that hotel in a heartbeat. Great location and they offer a lot of freebies. Lowes is one of the best, we went to there pool a few times but it's a bit pricey.

www.thehotelchelsea.com

I wouldn't conseider renting a car, Everything is in walking distance or a cab ride. Enjoy your trip, I wish I could make it down there!

Originally posted by jrsygrl

Last year I stayed at the Breakwater Hotel. Wasn't bad...rooms were only $99/night. Its right across the street from the beach. Clevlander is about 2 blocks away. Not much room to chill in your room...but who the hell is gonna be in their room? Anybody know who's spinnin' at th Ultra Fest yet? Is Carl Cox gonna be there? I hope so.

Jrsygrl

:devil: :devil: :dj: :dj: :devil: :devil: