Clubplanet Nightlife Community

favorite dj booth?

ok peoples, which club/venue has your favorite dj booth setup?

in terms of aesthetics alone, my fave would most definitely have to be aria in montreal. it has a glass back that you can chill behind and watch everything that's going on inside like a fish tank. its pretty sweet.

in terms of sheer ghetto-ness, i'd have to go with baktun, which has no space for a third turntable so they have to stand it up on a cardboard box. but its baktun so that makes it ok.

Hmmmm thats a tough one!

Layout wise I have to go with the old 4 turntable setup @ Vinyl that they used for the Shelter party!

If I could copy any booth layout though it would be Junior's booth @ Exit..... The sound and club sucks but equipment and layout wise I could totally do my work in there!

But the coolest booth goes to Danny Tenaglia's booth in LIC!

(Those in the know, know)

motion (formerly space) in philly...

pretty decent sized glass (?) encased booth that fits two loveseats, a small fridge, 3 turntables, 2 mixers and a tv hanging from the ceiling for all of the DJ groupies to watch while they wait to get your autograph :tongue:

the closer to the floor the better!!!! i love spots that have the booth right down in the middle of the dance floor, like twilo, centro, discothetech, etc. there's nuthing better than being down on the floor for that reaction to a bomb track. but my favorite so far was limelight after they installed the big monitors on a packed night, ahh... having bodies moving under, around and over you!!!! :tongue:

get away from the mainsteam... www.signal-e.com

Despite the fact that it's Exit.. I liked Exit's OLD location for the main DJ booth.. up above the main dance floor, suspended, and then connected to the second floor balcony so you could see what the DJ was doing, the inside set up of the booth, etc.. I dunno anything about technical set ups and stuff but as far as location goes, I dunno, I just liked that old set up.

GLow @ insomnia in DC has the best dj booth ever.....you are 2 feet from the dj.....glass window.....soo much interaction with the dj and you dont have to look up either.....the booth is eye level...very very nice.....love that places dj booth

i think exits old booth, aside from the fact that you could see into it(no dj's every worth watching anyway) was terrible..

tunnel's old booth up above the dancefloor at the far end was cool..

limelight was a nice spot..

privilege is a cool setup.. dj booth is suspended over the middle of a pool..

space is just perfect.. really no other dj booth in the world puts the dj at center stage like that..

and i liked the old twilo booth b/c you could talk to the dj's from right over the glass(the cool ones anyway)..

the new booth at disco is sweeeeet!!!

3 decks, 2 cdj-1000, denon2600's, urei-w/eq's on ach channel, plenty of bins to hold records, the whole mixing console is electronically set up so with the flick of a switch, it tilts from flat to a 45 degree angle, there's comfy seating for about 10, and they moved it to the front wall, up off the floor a lil'

and the sound, WOW, the new sound is unbelievable!!!