Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Review of Be Yourself @ Estate....

here is my review...I pulled it from Quoth's thread b/c i realized that it was so off topic...HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY...

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by quoth

good shit.

what's different inside though compared to regular Limelight?

- the club is virtually the same...its just that everything is brand new....new floors, walls, bathrooms, ect.....you can't see the stained windows anymore, but you still know you are in the LL....stage is still the same...dancefloor still the same....same bars in the same spots.....balcony on 2nd floor seems to be much wider....bathrooms are open and you can see into guys and girls.....bathroom also shares a communal sink area so everybody washes their hands in one big room with old style sinks....same rooms throughout the club but redecorated....chapel area is there minus the huge plexi-glass wall that used to be up....now its just a railing....the also was another private area that was roped off in the back....another staircase leading to it......coat check area is huge with at least 8 people running coats back and forth...

Does it look like old Limelight at all??

you definitely know you are still in the limelight...

Or completely different club?

the lighting system is on hydraulic chains and can move up and down in height....they can also completely tilt to the side and shine on the 2nd floor balcony...

Also...what did they do to the chapel and other rooms? they still there? the fishtanks and the chillout room still there?

How's the sound and is it true u cant be on the balcony no more?

you still have access to all of the areas....THE SOUND SYSTEM WAS WEAK....it was not loud on the balcony....you could barely hear it when you were on the stage....and you could not hear shit if you left the main room....although danny did anounce that the system would be replaced soon with their permanent version....system could have been much better but then again its a big room to fill....nothing like arcs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

all in all I had a so-so time.....I felt that the room definitely detracts from danny tenaglia's style....it was definitely not the normal Be Yourself crowd....a lot of people were just standing on the balconies or standing in the dance floor.....seemed like a lot of people were there just to check out the new club and not for the music....very crowded and as someone said on another thread it was very "amature night".....i was there from 1 - 4:15....it was starting to thin out by then (just a little) and the vibe was getting a little better as the night went on....danny banged his usual favorites and a bunch of others that i could not recognize.....he had the lights going and a huge airhorn that was attached by cable outside the dj booth......did not get a chance to checkout the other dj's.....i would definitely head back once they install the new sound.......i would rate the night a 6.5 - 7 out of 10....

This place SUCKED! They got restaurant on the top balcony. I saw waiters running up and down. What kind of dance club has a restaurant in it? I saw a waiter carrying an OD girl from that so called "VIP" area. The place was full of Exit idiots. They threw water and plastic cups on the people dancing on the main floor, even glass beer bottles being thrown into the crowd. My girl got her ass grabbed 10 times. She punched one of the ass grabbing mother fuckers in the face. I think she broke his sunglasses....GOOD!!!!.....and I think he lost his ski hat. Girls were dressed in bikinis. This guy standing next to me was snoring coke................I don't remember seeing these things at Limelight. This is a fucking Exit. FUCK THIS PLACE. THIS IS NOT LIMELIGHT! Good clubs get shut down and Exits keep multiplying. FUCK THIS PLACE!!!!!

Originally posted by moderfoker

This guy standing next to me was snoring coke................I don't remember seeing these things at Limelight. This is a fucking Exit. FUCK THIS PLACE. THIS IS NOT LIMELIGHT! Good clubs get shut down and Exits keep multiplying. FUCK THIS PLACE!!!!!

Drugs are everywhere.

I moved my post here too

Ok Ok here is my review!!!

Was there from 12-5 left early because my new girlfriend has never been to a NYC club before!

Danny (Mic and Flashlights in Hand), Lighting, Door Staff, All On Point!!!

:D(Loved that the Be Yourself @ Vinyl Doorstaff was at the Door @ Estate):D

:D(I saw Niki & Kevin doing their Tenagliaite duties):D

Soundsystem was weak! Deffinatley a dissapointment!

(Personally I wish they had an analog Systems By Shorty system, similar to the old system at Vinyl/Shelter, and the current one at CPI)

THE CROWD WAS A DISSAPOINTMENT!!!!!!! Im Sorry if your a friday regular @ Be Yourself you have to agree with me!

(BUT WE STILL HAVE FRI AND SAT TO MAKE UP FOR THAT!)

What was with the lit cigarettes being tossed over the catwalks?

Fuckin little kids! Im sure most of them were there because they thought they were cool going to a new club! I had a kid say to me online "There never gonna let you in dressed like that" this kid was dressed in the whole formal attire, I was in a long sleeve T-Shirt and a pair of Jeans with a baseball hat. I told him "Did you notice the party was called BE YOURSELF"

:mad:First thing first Im not gay but I have alot friends who are and it offends me that in New York City of all places that I had to witness someone make anti gay remarks and offend someone because of their lifestyle! Fuck that, we dont need you at our party if your gonna be like that! Be Yourself is the Peoples party! It's a party for everyone rich, poor, black, white, asian, straight, gay, whatever!

I don't know there were alot of familiar faces there, but some people looked clueless!

Danny's set was on point!!! DANNY PLAYED MADONNA- "VOUGE" enough said!

ALAN T. was Fierce!!! Loved the american flag he was waving!

Vivacious was wonderful!

& Anthony Lamont was looking more diva than ever!

The three of them in the same club at the same time was priceless!!!!

Set Hi lights!

Vouge

Walking On Thin Ice

Feel This

Flash

Baby Do You Feel Me

Two Months Off

Haunting Me

Invading Privatley

Pschyofuk

Shake It Baby

Freedom Is (Just Parts of the track looped)

IM SURE ILL THINK OF MORE AS THE DAY GOES ON! MY HEAD HURTS FROM ALL THE HEINEKIN I DRANK!

Nice reviews. Hope Howells and Tenaglia are gonna rip it up back at arc this Saturday. By the way, as much as I love Tenaglia, I haven't been keeping up with arc lately. Does he still hold and will continue to hold the original Fridays @ arc? Did it change since it became arc?

i forgot about the people throwing shit off of the balconies....i was dancing on the main floor right in front of the dj booth and all of a sudden we all feel water being poured all over us....when i was on the balcony i could see some chick just spraying everyone with her water bottle....such crap....drugs were definitely abundant there last night....tons of people offering and looking....security did not even search you...i walked in drinking a red bull that i bought at the deli and my buddy walked in with a water....kinda wierd b/c i never thought that they would just let us walk in with that....did not notice that it was a restaurant on in the chapel...thats kinda dumb...reminds me of ohm with their "dinner club" theme...i guess i also would have to agree that it was a really bad crowd....did anyone make it to the after party?....looks like we need someone to review how the night ended...5-8 a.m.....it was really strange being in a club that serves drinks b/c i've gotten so used to arc....really kills the vibe because it becomes such a social scene and attracts people for the wrong reasons....i have a new appreciation for what parties at arc are all about...so much better when the people are there for the music...

I stayed till 8am and the main floor was still packed...crowd was just as bad late as it was early...around 7am i think he played what i believe was track 1 off back to basics and either people got it or they just looked around and were confused...i stayed on the main floor all night and i couldnt go two min's without someone walking through me and stepping on my feet..very hard to get into a groove with all that....saw amny arc/vinyl people later in the night start to take over the dance floor.....many of the people there were not the Arc/Vinyl crowd it just seemed like since it was Thanksgiving Eve they had to go somewhere....all in all it was fun for those brief moments in between being pushed around and looking up to make sure no one was throwing water on you (it happened a lot)...Saturday night at Arc should make up for it i hope....if anyone has any tracks id's from late i the night (after 5am) post em ifyou got em

Last night was off the wall!!!

My friends and I came in at 4:00 and left @7:30...

we had an awesome time...

Tenaglia was ripping it up...

nobody poured anything on us...

the light show was outrageous...

lime light had a pathetic light show...

and the people were the regulars at Vinyl/Arc...

bottomline....if Tenaglia wasn't there maybe I wouldn't have had the same time...but, I thought everything clicked at Estate last night...

;)

DT you are awesome!!!!:D

Originally posted by firedup

Last night was off the wall!!!

My friends and I came in at 4:00 and left @7:30...

we had an awesome time...

Tenaglia was ripping it up...

nobody poured anything on us...

the light show was outrageous...

lime light had a pathetic light show...

and the people were the regulars at Vinyl/Arc...

bottomline....if Tenaglia wasn't there maybe I wouldn't have had the same time...but, I thought everything clicked at Estate last night...

;)

DT you are awesome!!!!:D

I agree 100%....being a Vinyl regular I say it was awesome. People in this city just love to complain though.....we are all so spoiled.

Guest distort909

ok i thought i was just being jaded cause i am a old school limelight head

i guess not..................i didnt even go wensday night cause they were not honoring industry comps...............

fuck that......i push all these guys records all day to stores & distributors all over the world & your gonna tell me i have to pay to see them. besides the fact i worked there for ten yrs????

screw that ill see danny at arc.

like i said in my previouse post estate is so not comforting ......

im glad people agree...................

its really a sad thing

[bBut Limelight will never be Limelight again.

of course it won't.. shit happens, things change:rolleyes: stop complaining and enjoy it for what it is.. And if you don't want to do that then don't go there, spend your time and money somewhere else.

Great! If you had fun, guys, I am happy for you. There were a lot of people that brought back the memories; like the old Twilo glow-stick-dancing dude. But Limelight will never be Limelight again.

yeah, i was dancing next to those guys and i just could not figure out what they were doing...they would take those glowstick necklaces and twist them into shapes and then hold them up in the air and stare at them for like 5 minutes while they danced....then they would twist them into another shape and repeat the whole process...it was hillarious....i wish i could understand :what: ...

This place SUCKED! They got restaurant on the top balcony. I saw waiters running up and down. What kind of dance club has a restaurant in it? I saw a waiter carrying an OD girl from that so called "VIP" area. The place was full of Exit idiots. They threw water and plastic cups on the people dancing on the main floor, even glass beer bottles being thrown into the crowd. My girl got her ass grabbed 10 times. She punched one of the ass grabbing mother fuckers in the face. I think she broke his sunglasses....GOOD!!!!.....and I think he lost his ski hat. Girls were dressed in bikinis. This guy standing next to me was snoring coke................I don't remember seeing these things at Limelight. This is a fucking Exit. FUCK THIS PLACE. THIS IS NOT LIMELIGHT! Good clubs get shut down and Exits keep multiplying. FUCK THIS PLACE!!!!!

as far as you sayin you never seen any of this ever goin goin on at limelight...WERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!!! why do you think they shut the place down...FOR GOOD BEHAVIOR!!!!! :D

the place was fine...everything looks great. danny ripped it down...threw in the madonna (vogue dub) down...dropped some robbie...etc. as far as the chics in bikinis there were a couple but hey, what do you want to do, see guys in bikinis. if you didnt go with your girlfriend to the club 2 things would have happened 1. she wouldnt have gotten her ass grabbed 2. you would be lookin at those chics in bikinis and youd be tryin to grab there asses!! dont bring sand to the beach brotha. yeah there were a lot of exit heads in there...but what are you gonna do. the scene is nothing like it used to be back in the day 97-99. but in overall i had a great time...and i was sober. i went cause danny is one of the best...once the amatures cant hang anymore the veterans will take over. only time will tell if the party, the club, the vibe will come back. im out...gobble fuckin gobble...happy thanksgiving everyone! :smoke:

if you go into the club without any preconceived notions or expectations, you would really like it, I think.....when you compare it to your first time in a club, at the LL in 1992-7 or something, you'll be disappointed

overall, a great night at a good venue, yeah its cleaner and maybe more sterile than before, but its still a great place to party

DT was really good, very enjoyable set.....I liked that he dropped Hideaway, and some other memories.....the crowd was mixed, some amateur, some sheesh, plenty of cool people though....vinyl heads, twilo heads, LL heads, and party people in general....I think we forget that Twilo also filled up with half guidos on certain nights.....

anyway, if the right DJ is there, I'd love to go back and party it up @ estate.....