Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Limelight Flopped

now I know why there is no reviews no one went to the limelight on friday the place did 60 people and on sat 450

WOW...... 3.5Mil in renovations and thats all you get......anyway with drink prices at

$10 a pop and moet at $150 who can afford to go there

and no promoters working there because DAVID MARVISI says we dont need promoters this is LIMELIGHT oh well good luck to him and all of his clubs EXIT, CAPITALE, SPA, BUTTER.

THE NEW DICKHEAD CLUB KING......IS BORN:eek:

not sure if he's a resident but David HOllands has been there the last 2 fridays.....(and I think next fri. as well)

they definitely need promoters...this is NYC, even though we're one of the most populated cities in the world, people just don't fill out the clubs anymore

Originally posted by joebello75

now I know why there is no reviews no one went to the limelight on friday the place did 60 people and on sat 450

WOW...... 3.5Mil in renovations and thats all you get......anyway with drink prices at

$10 a pop and moet at $150 who can afford to go there

and no promoters working there because DAVID MARVISI says we dont need promoters this is LIMELIGHT oh well good luck to him and all of his clubs EXIT, CAPITALE, SPA, BUTTER.

i was one of those 450 on saturday ... and 450 seems a bit high to me ... there was no line ... there no one inside ... the remodel is beautiful and respectful of the old design .... the lights are vastly improved ... blah blah blah ... i could go on and on but the main problem is the music ... sounded like a radio broadcast from a hoboken club ... i mean really bad ...

I hate to say it, but NY clubs ain't what they used to be...

It seems that promoters (on some level) are a necessary evil these days...

And this club so far is seriously lacking in promotion.

Tho if u think about over 400 ppl without any serious promotion isn't that bad--but as far as good numbers for one night it isn't good either.

They're gonna need to get something going on in order for the place to stay a float and at least break even with those expensive renovations they did...

I will answer the question... It was from NOVEMBER BE YOURSELF FLYER.

It was done with November 29th Classics Night in mind I believe... DT's 30 Years since the 8 Track... It is definately a classic flyer. A must have...

Zeeker... I Just love your whole Sig... Alot of great flyers and it is always changing...

MattM20 Does something like the same... Both great Sigs

Peace...

Scott

I was also one of those 400 pl on Saturday and was really suprise there were no one in there. The music wasn't good at all. I will probably give it a month or two to pick up but if it doesn't, then all the renovation was for nothing!!

Hey, did anyone go upstairs? Cool bathroom!!!!

well, elementx answered the question for me.

but about the whole lack of numbers thing at Limelight...not a good sign at all. I'm not an expert at club goings ons, but it would seem to me that if the numbers are continually low, they're going to eventually have to open it up to the 18+ crowd. Unfortunately I missed out on last Wednesday because my ride is a moron, but it seemed like they didn't draw the upscale crowd they were hoping for. Granted, it was DT's party and that is pretty much the most anti-glam paty in the city, but still...you'd think with a newly opened club and a 21+ door policy some of the 'exit-types' (as people described) would have stayed home. It seems, especially under the ownership of that Marvisi guy that it could become what everyone fears...another Exit.

Then again, I think someone mentioned that they haven't done any promoting, which would explain part of it.

Again, they're just getting started, so I guess it's too early to start making predictions...

does anyone know who they have, or if they even have a Friday night resident, and who he/she might be?