Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
JonStephen

Everyone see Louie DeVito's thread????

Recommended Posts

Originally posted by reddog4063

i dunno.....you think thats really him? I doubt it...but we do have some big guns that post now and then...Reina, a couple DJs..etc

Joe

I doubt its him......if it is he definately has guts posting here considering everyone just trashes him and Draper here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by lalaman

I think you do a good job of that. Its just heres why I think there are all the haters.

THe way i see its like punk bands. The whole punk credo is to be differnt, if everyone is doin A you do B. So naturally the only true sence of punk music and punk bands have to remin underground. Going bigtime goes agasnt what punk is all about. Its like when Blink 180 or Good Charoltte or NFG with when they went big, im sure they had alot of people pissed now that they were big and famous. Yet how many MORE people heard their music that would have never herad that before? Alot of people, people that never would have got a chance to listen to that. SO its like GC goes and does a soundtrack the song "If you leave" this hardcore fans were kinda pissed yet that soon became onea my fav songs so it opened me up into something. I guess you cant make everyone happy. I think the next CD should be givin some credit to NJ.

Hey Ed, Shannon...either one of you want to take a crack at this? :laugh:

That thread has got to be a joke... :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by lalaman

whats wrong with that?

What's wrong with that?

First off, the shit you're talking about isn't "punk". I'm no historian, but there's more to punk culture than a blind drive to be different. Bands like Blink 182 and Good Charlotte are nothing but diluted radio rock like 75% of every other popular rock bands out there today.

Second of all, you're comparing punk rock to Louie DeVito? Are you kidding? Punk actually has a history and a culture behind it. Everything about Louie Devito has always been nothing but packaged product designed to sell radio-hits-fodder en masse. Everybody who's bitching about haters only spit out that crap because they realize that there's absolutely no substance behind anything that DeVito does. KTU-TRASH.

As for "bring the music to the people"? That might be even remotely believable if only he bothered to put out anything that doesn't somewhat resemble KTU fodder. You don't teach someone how to appreciate fine spirits by pouring wine-in-a-can down their throat over and over again.

Like I said, that thread is a fucking joke. Haters? Jealousy? Yeah, because we all kow all those people are just jealous of DeVito but not rich DJs that they actually respect. :rolleyes:

The best part of that thread is finding out DGmodel lost his virginity to Zombie Nation...:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by xpander

Hey Ed, Shannon...either one of you want to take a crack at this? :laugh:

That thread has got to be a joke... :laugh:

Well the louie DeGuido thread is obvious bullshit:

1. "in my porsche on the parkway" - c'mon how fucking tacky can someone possibly be, specially someone who's promoting oneself?

2. it's on the jersey board. enough said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by lalaman

whats wrong with that?

the louie deguido comparison to punk is moot. as it seems is your knowledge of punk/hardcore. there hasn't been a good new band in at least 5-6 years now. GC is utter crap, blink has always sucked even when they were on fat (and that was before fat went all out commercial). New found i won't talk too much shit about cuz my boys are really good friends w/ them but let's just say i'm not into their shit either. Just cuz someone gets big doesn't mean they have to suck. But history has shown us that such is the case 99% of the time. Bands like fugazi, who have influenced everyone from nirvana and pearl jam to every fucking emo/indie wannabe band out there now still stays true to their music to this day.....everyone that knows anything knows them, yet they haven't succumbed to mass market bullshit commercialism which REQUIRES complete compromise of artistic integrity. wouldn't be surprised if it's on the contract!

*steps down soap box*

(so how was that nathan? good enuff? ;) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by dr0ne

the louie deguido comparison to punk is moot. as it seems is your knowledge of punk/hardcore. there hasn't been a good new band in at least 5-6 years now. GC is utter crap, blink has always sucked even when they were on fat (and that was before fat went all out commercial). New found i won't talk too much shit about cuz my boys are really good friends w/ them but let's just say i'm not into their shit either. Just cuz someone gets big doesn't mean they have to suck. But history has shown us that such is the case 99% of the time. Bands like fugazi, who have influenced everyone from nirvana and pearl jam to every fucking emo/indie wannabe band out there now still stays true to their music to this day.....everyone that knows anything knows them, yet they haven't succumbed to mass market bullshit commercialism which REQUIRES complete compromise of artistic integrity. wouldn't be surprised if it's on the contract!

*steps down soap box*

(so how was that nathan? good enuff? ;) )

Wow......I'd hate to hear your opinion of Green Day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by dr0ne

the louie deguido comparison to punk is moot. as it seems is your knowledge of punk/hardcore. there hasn't been a good new band in at least 5-6 years now. GC is utter crap, blink has always sucked even when they were on fat (and that was before fat went all out commercial). New found i won't talk too much shit about cuz my boys are really good friends w/ them but let's just say i'm not into their shit either. Just cuz someone gets big doesn't mean they have to suck. But history has shown us that such is the case 99% of the time. Bands like fugazi, who have influenced everyone from nirvana and pearl jam to every fucking emo/indie wannabe band out there now still stays true to their music to this day.....everyone that knows anything knows them, yet they haven't succumbed to mass market bullshit commercialism which REQUIRES complete compromise of artistic integrity. wouldn't be surprised if it's on the contract!

*steps down soap box*

(so how was that nathan? good enuff? ;) )

Very nice, very nice... :laugh:

As for Green Day, their rep ain't as bad as you think, Jon...:laugh: Even though I'm not a big fan myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by dr0ne

the louie deguido comparison to punk is moot. as it seems is your knowledge of punk/hardcore. there hasn't been a good new band in at least 5-6 years now. GC is utter crap, blink has always sucked even when they were on fat (and that was before fat went all out commercial). New found i won't talk too much shit about cuz my boys are really good friends w/ them but let's just say i'm not into their shit either. Just cuz someone gets big doesn't mean they have to suck. But history has shown us that such is the case 99% of the time. Bands like fugazi, who have influenced everyone from nirvana and pearl jam to every fucking emo/indie wannabe band out there now still stays true to their music to this day.....everyone that knows anything knows them, yet they haven't succumbed to mass market bullshit commercialism which REQUIRES complete compromise of artistic integrity. wouldn't be surprised if it's on the contract!

*steps down soap box*

(so how was that nathan? good enuff? ;) )

so true... avoid signing with major record labels unless you have the bargaining power to convince them to market your "own" music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:laugh:

I HATE DEVITO I THINK HE HAS NO TALLENT

BUT WATEVER HE IS MAKEING MONEY BUT I THINK HE SHOULD CHANGE THE NAME OF HIS CD ATLEAST

HE CALLS IT "UNDERGROUND"

IF YOUR GONNA COME OUT WITH AN ALBUM NAMED THAT ATLEAST HAVE SOME EXCLUSIVE SHIT NOT OLD KTU SONGS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by xpander

What's wrong with that?

First off, the shit you're talking about isn't "punk". I'm no historian, but there's more to punk culture than a blind drive to be different. Bands like Blink 182 and Good Charlotte are nothing but diluted radio rock like 75% of every other popular rock bands out there today.

Second of all, you're comparing punk rock to Louie DeVito? Are you kidding? Punk actually has a history and a culture behind it. Everything about Louie Devito has always been nothing but packaged product designed to sell radio-hits-fodder en masse. Everybody who's bitching about haters only spit out that crap because they realize that there's absolutely no substance behind anything that DeVito does. KTU-TRASH.

As for "bring the music to the people"? That might be even remotely believable if only he bothered to put out anything that doesn't somewhat resemble KTU fodder. You don't teach someone how to appreciate fine spirits by pouring wine-in-a-can down their throat over and over again.

Like I said, that thread is a fucking joke. Haters? Jealousy? Yeah, because we all kow all those people are just jealous of DeVito but not rich DJs that they actually respect. :rolleyes:

The best part of that thread is finding out DGmodel lost his virginity to Zombie Nation...:laugh:

Well i still think my point makes good sence. When something goes big time, a band a DJ whatever it is there are always gonna be haters. B/c none likes when "their" thing is brought to the public. I rember when Fast and flamers came out and all the real street races got pissed b/c it gave them a bad rap and got too many people into a scene which used to be underground. Bottom line is that people want something they can call their own, and that usally means the vast majority wont be able to understand it, like it, and accept it. Samething with Louie Devito, up untill NYC Underground hit, most people dbeen nothing but packaged product designed to sell radio-hits-fodder en masse. Everybody who's bitching about haters only spit out that crap because they realize that there's absolutely no substance behind anything that DeVito does. KTU-TRASH.

As for "bring the music to the people"? That might be even remotely believable if only he bothered to put out anything that doesn't somewhat resemble KTU fodder. You don't teach someone how to appreciate fine spirits by pouring wine-in-a-can down their throat over and over again.

Like I said, that thread is a fucking joke. Haters? Jealousy? Yeah, because we all kow all those people are just jealous of DeVito but not rich DJs that they actually respect. :rolleyes:

The best part of that thread is finding out DGmodel lost his virginity to Zombie Nation...:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by lalaman

Well i still think my point makes good sence. When something goes big time, a band a DJ whatever it is there are always gonna be haters. B/c none likes when "their" thing is brought to the public. I rember when Fast and flamers came out and all the real street races got pissed b/c it gave them a bad rap and got too many people into a scene which used to be underground. Bottom line is that people want something they can call their own, and that usally means the vast majority wont be able to understand it, like it, and accept it. Samething with Louie Devito, up untill NYC Underground hit, most people didnt really know shit about that style of music, how many more people after hearing that CD stated going to clubs? Point in case, look at some of the threads about people talking how muich the scene sucks now, could it be that Louie Devito, who sold millions of records brought too many fans into the sence and now it got drowed out?

Ok, I think this was what you're trying to say. Is this another server screw up? :confused:

Anyways, the point is...what you're saying about haters and how they appear after someone drags their "scene" into the mainstream is only partially true. I'll be the first to admit that there will always be some haters when that situation happens. However, you also completely ignore the fact that the mainstream representation of any underground "scene" is almost ALWAYS distorted significantly in order to give it popular appeal and make it more easily digestable by the public.

I can't speak for drag racing cuz I know shit about the culture, but the KTU-crap that DeVito throws out is nothing but a cheap market-soluable dilution of what electronic music is. He's not educating people about electronic music, he's just playing cheap marketing fodder that'll push more shit compilations...

You need to improve your writing a little bit there mate...I can't understand half of what you're trying to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would just like to chime in and say. I never put my compilations out to please the hardcore clubgoers. My goal was to expand peoples musical herozin. I wanted many people all around our great country to get a taste of what "our" music and scene is all about. I know I was told not to comment or post anymore but I just wanted to get that out. Peace and Love Louie DeVito

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that was, without a doubt, the most eloquent and profound post that i've seen on this crap-laden board. nice work, and i completely agree with your take on the louie devito situation.

i play deep house in a lounge near the beach. people come in there, hear the 4/4 kick drum, decide it's "techno", and ask me if i have the nyc underground cd to put on. when i say that it's NOT my style, they look at me like i have 3 heads. then they ask me if i have any house music.

it can be sad around here sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by djaqua

i play deep house in a lounge near the beach. people come in there, hear the 4/4 kick drum, decide it's "techno", and ask me if i have the nyc underground cd to put on. when i say that it's NOT my style, they look at me like i have 3 heads. then they ask me if i have any house music.

it can be sad around here sometimes.

they should equip dj booths with tasers or somethin.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×