Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Don't Go To "new" Limelight/estate !!

Hey, people, you ever went to a party, paid $20 and half an hour later was told to leave cause "party is over"?!!? Well, apparantely that's now "renovated" club Limelight policy.

HERE HOW THEY SCREW YOU FOR YOUR MONEY: you get e-mail that says :"Peter Rauhofer tonight at Limelight" (or any other well known name), you go there at 12am pay $$ and then everybody just gets thrown out --oh, we very sorry, have a good evening...

of course , you don't get your money back!!!

I just want everybody to know : 1. Don't go to Limelight-all they want is your $$$ (which of course they need for all THAT renovation: fake marble and shitty sound --now place looks like catering hall just with lights off , they managed to spoil sound in a former church!!!)

2. Make sure you know who's promoting the party, they could use well known DJ name as a bate--I got this invite by e-mail from SMAC productions (oh, what they did yesterday WAS a smack to my face!!!) based in Florida , I never heard of them...

That's all, be aware , cause these days you deserve having a good time !!!!!

spread the word, let others know.....

that seems pretty weird to me that they kicked u out a lil bit after 12?

bizarre.

what night was it?

also never trust promotion teams u don't know, especially from out of state.

tho i've heard limelight/estate has been suffering a bit, your experience doesn't sound typical either. sorry it happened tho- must have sucked. i would be pissed.

Originally posted by jaysea

Sundays are great........its what keeps the club from Sinking.....

in a month or so, im sur eu will see changes at the door will be VERY LAID BACK, and the dj's will start coming in, cause there not making anything rightnow....

Yeah I've been wanting to check out victor and the sunday thing...

I'll have a chance to on my [winter] break from work.

Otherwise the sunday thing so couldn't happen for me being that the next day is monday. Ugh mondays suck enuf as it is...

Originally posted by sdeelite

that seems pretty weird to me that they kicked u out a lil bit after 12?

bizarre.

what night was it?

also never trust promotion teams u don't know, especially from out of state.

tho i've heard limelight/estate has been suffering a bit, your experience doesn't sound typical either. sorry it happened tho- must have sucked. i would be pissed.

that was thursday night

i'm not surprised the're suffering because this renovation did not make them any special . These tables around the main dance floor make you wonder if you're in restaurant.

too bad they did not take advantage that THIS USED TO BE A CHURCH , istead they went for "upscale" theme and you can find plenty of similar places like that in New York.

does anybody remember Limelight in 92-93??

that's what I'm talking about!!!

i know.

i was told steve was doing the New system that the system there is a temp,

i dont care to mcuh for the saeting around the dance floor, that HAS GOT TO GO....n i miss LL 2..... 89-95>>>>>Even 95 was better than anything there doing today...

isent there a phazon being installed soon, if not isnet it allready in?

No Steve Dash is not intalling a phazon @ Limelight!

I believe it is a joint effort between Systems By Shorty and another Company!

There gonna use analog processing similar to the original Sound Factory (Pre Twilo) system and the old Vinyl/Shelter System!

isent there a phazon being installed soon, if not isnet it allready in?

No.

http://www.phazon.com

Not that it matters that much. Phazons are good and all, but there are other systems that are pretty comparable...

However, with the material the exterior is made of, along with the windows and the cathedral layout (assuming they haven't put in a fake ceiling to change the shape of the ceiling), they really won't be able to get excellent club sound quality no matter what. Great sound quality for acoustic performances, but with the shape of the place, the bass is bound to echo no matter how skilled the people who install the sound system are.

Originally posted by mattm2o

No Steve Dash is not intalling a phazon @ Limelight!

I believe it is a joint effort between Systems By Shorty and another Company!

There gonna use analog processing similar to the original Sound Factory (Pre Twilo) system and the old Vinyl/Shelter System!

OK SYSTEMSBYSHORTY DID NOT INSTALL THE SOUND SYSTEM INTO LIMELIGHT/ESTATE. THIS WAS DESIGNED AND INSTALLED BY JBL AND SHAWN BROPHY. I AM SORRY TO HEAR THAT THE SYSTEM IS NOT TO YOUR LIKING,AS SYSTEMSBYSHORTY WISHES ESTATE ALL THE SUCCESS THEIR IS BUT, ESTATE SOUND SYSTEM IS NOT A SYSTEMSBYSHORTY SOUND SYSTEM. REGARDS SHORTY !

Originally posted by nafania

Hey, people, you ever went to a party, paid $20 and half an hour later was told to leave cause "party is over"?!!? Well, apparantely that's now "renovated" club Limelight policy.

HERE HOW THEY SCREW YOU FOR YOUR MONEY: you get e-mail that says :"Peter Rauhofer tonight at Limelight" (or any other well known name), you go there at 12am pay $$ and then everybody just gets thrown out --oh, we very sorry, have a good evening...

of course , you don't get your money back!!!

I just want everybody to know : 1. Don't go to Limelight-all they want is your $$$ (which of course they need for all THAT renovation: fake marble and shitty sound --now place looks like catering hall just with lights off , they managed to spoil sound in a former church!!!)

2. Make sure you know who's promoting the party, they could use well known DJ name as a bate--I got this invite by e-mail from SMAC productions (oh, what they did yesterday WAS a smack to my face!!!) based in Florida , I never heard of them...

That's all, be aware , cause these days you deserve having a good time !!!!!

spread the word, let others know.....

what reason did they give you???

Originally posted by soundmanshorty

OK SYSTEMSBYSHORTY DID NOT INSTALL THE SOUND SYSTEM INTO LIMELIGHT/ESTATE. THIS WAS DESIGNED AND INSTALLED BY JBL AND SHAWN BROPHY. I AM SORRY TO HEAR THAT THE SYSTEM IS NOT TO YOUR LIKING,AS SYSTEMSBYSHORTY WISHES ESTATE ALL THE SUCCESS THEIR IS BUT, ESTATE SOUND SYSTEM IS NOT A SYSTEMSBYSHORTY SOUND SYSTEM. REGARDS SHORTY !

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Just goes to show u, u never know who is reading the board;)

Originally posted by soundmanshorty

. . . You REALLY should consider hiring someone experienced in PR to help you write retorts like this . . . :aright: . . .