Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I was just there is weekend..AND!!!!

cams

i'm from LA and i was there for the weekend! and all i have to say is Miami is the bomb!!! everyone i met was cool...beautiful women everywhere!!

but i wanna know if someone can tell me the name of a song i heard a couple of times. i don't know the exact words but it goes something like this:

"i wanna deep inside me...i wanna ride it...can't deny it....cuz i'm addicted to love...and i'm addicted to the dark beats dark beats..."

like i said, i'm probably way off on the words, but since i had a few drinks in me, i couldn't make it out. so if someone can help me out on this one, please let me know.

once again thanks miami, and i'll be back in march for the WMC.

-c

but i wanna know if someone can tell me the name of a song i heard a couple of times. i don't know the exact words but it goes something like this:

"i wanna deep inside me...i wanna ride it...can't deny it....cuz i'm addicted to love...and i'm addicted to the dark beats dark beats..."

like i said, i'm probably way off on the words, but since i had a few drinks in me, i couldn't make it out. so if someone can help me out on this one, please let me know.

-c

Originally posted by sandiegino

Yeah the song hasnt been played in LA the times ive been out recently. I did hear it when i was there for Howellween and it ROCKED!!! I love the way the crowd just goes apeshit when it comes on.

Up to now, I don't really understand all the hype about this song. It's just alright to me but it's a good thing that it's a hit in the clubs and that was produced by no other than our own Oscar G.

Originally posted by laliux

Up to now, I don't really understand all the hype about this song. It's just alright to me but it's a good thing that it's a hit in the clubs and that was produced by no other than our own Oscar G.

I personally think the song is bad-ass. I totally dig it... It's a fun anthem to chant along with..... I LOVE IT.

Dark Beat baby:D

POD - when is the last time you been to LA?

I would agree with you if this comment was made 2 years ago but in the last couple of years the LA scene as exploded and house music is played at most clubs. There are places to go for techno and trance but house music rules the scene here.

I have been going to Miami since 97 a couple times a year and i see less people in clubs there every year. I remember the Shadow Lounge days (AMAZING VIBE).

Originally posted by pod

Well, LA isn't big into house music. It's pretty much techno-oriented out that way from what I can see. The club scene in general out there isn't nearly half of what Miami and New York have..

The LA and Vegas Clubs SUCK!!! We sometimes forget how lucky we are here!

guyman1966 - why do they suck? I would like to know what reasons you have for this statement.

I dont think Miami is what it used to be in the mid 90's but it doesnt suck. I would still choose LA over Miami for clubbing because i know no matter where i go, the vibe will be awesome all night and not for a couple hours and then everybody disappears and goes to the next club.

Well, part of the fun here is the ability to go from club to club. Most cities don't have a 'club district' like we do. LA may or may not have a good scene, I don't know, haven't been there in awhile...but you don't hear any club in LA mentioned as often as you hear Space mentioned worldwide. Space has the status now that Twilo did some years ago before it closed...for every news blurb about Giant or whatever, there's 5 about Space and probably 5 more about various other Miami events.

I'd say the order of 'scene dominance' in the US is

1: Miami and NYC (tied)

2: San Fransisco

3: Chicago

4: LA

Plus I don't think LA has any clubs that stay open past 5 and serve booze.

Not to say LA has a bad scene, but to compare it to Miami is kinda like comparing a scooter to a Hog.

But back to the original purpose of the thread, it doesn't surprise me that this kid didn't know Dark Beat just yet...it's just now reaching the "second-tier" cities...

yes i'm serious....i never heard that before in LA. it's still new and that hasn't hit LA yet.

I just saw on the bbc/radio1/dance website that Pete Tong has that as a new track this past week.

and from what i've already found out about it....the Murk crew was playing it first in Miami before it went out anywhere.

House Music is popular in LA...just like trance, techno etc....BUT you have to know where to go. some people just don't know where stuff is at. you can find places with the locals like Doc Martin...Juan Nunez...Marques Wyatt etc...

as a matter of fact...Doc Martin and his crew have a bi-weekly night that is ALL HOUSE MUSIC.....they also bring in guest dj's like Francois K...King Britt....Josh Wink.....etc...etc...there's also a Sunday night spot that's called DEEP w/resident Marques Wyatt...and he also brings in guest as well....Lil Louie Vega...T. Humphries etc..... in order to find those places you have to seek....and you shall find....

and there are other big clubs that have popular trance, techno dj's as well......it all depends on what you like......so if you think House Music is dead in LA...it's not....BUT it's not the same as in Miami, NY and London......But it doesn't suck. just a little different.

if you like House then you must go to the places i just mentioned...and you will see the vibe is good. but miami does kick ass....and Yes you people do have it good.

Originally posted by sandiegino

Unless you have been here and know what its like, you cant form an opinion. So if you say it sucks, how do you know?

FYI - most clubs in LA do not close at 2 but more between 4 - 9. It depends where you go.

I guess I'll need you to be my guide on my next trip to LA. Every club there closes at 2A! I go 2x per year. Yea, I've heard about some underground parties, but I can never find them. Also, the MUSIC sucks! "Everyone from Cali say Yea, Yea" bites!

and there are other big clubs that have popular trance, techno dj's as well......it all depends on what you like......so if you think House Music is dead in LA...it's not....BUT it's not the same as in Miami, NY and London......But it doesn't suck. just a little different.

That is what im trying to say here. Its a little different but it doesnt suck.

Please understand that i am not comparing but defending the LA scene. Many people do not see what is happening to LA and have a misconstrued perception of it. Its not what it used to be years ago. I am just trying to inform people.

I guess I'll need you to be my guide on my next trip to LA. Every club there closes at 2A! I go 2x per year. Yea, I've heard about some underground parties, but I can never find them. Also, the MUSIC sucks! "Everyone from Cali say Yea, Yea" bites!

Ill be glad to guide you to the right places next time you come by. If you hear crap like "Everyone from Cali say Yea, Yea", you are definitely in the wrong place (LOL).