Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who is the best player in the NBA?

JonStephen

Kidd.

Notice the difference 1 player made on a historically loosing franchise last year. Made everyone play better. Obviously they also had good coaching, but Kidd has been playing like that since his days in the Mavericks, if he wouldve won a championship or two, he would be getting the recognition he deserves.

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

for those of u sayin T-Mac is the best player in the L....take into consideration KG has the same type of game...same type of stats...same type of enthusiasm...and does it in a larger body frame....

And take into consideration Tim Duncan does all of the above as well but is the complete package and is not a ball hog.

TD prolly could be the greatest..the problem with him is that he's got Karl Malone syndrome...everyone knows hes great..everyone acknowledges it but they always place someone a lil higher than him...he's tooo composed..he never shows emotion..u gotta let it out sometimes....thats y i like KG....he's just one big ass ball of emotion....

It's really hard to call between the power positions and the finesse positions, but I can probably limit it to a top 5.....in no particular order....

T-Mac

Jason Kidd

Dirk Nowitzki

Tim Duncan

Kevin Garnett

Antoine Walker, Kobe, Payton, Webber, and Elton Brand are the next rung down. Everybody else has a bit of catching up to do, but those 11 guys are probably the only guys in the NBA with truly complete games at the moment. Shaq would also be up there except that he's not doing particularly well this season due to the injury, and I seriously doubt that his defense will ever be half of what it used to be. He'll retire in a couple years....

i was waitin for ur reply....as usual it makes perfect sense...

thats because KG is on that list

But AI, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce aren't. Actually, they aren't even the next two I would have put on the list. Those would be Jermaine O'Neal and Rasheed Wallace, both of whom have complete games, but neither of whom plays with full intensity most of the time.

As for the KG/T-Mac comparison, T-Mac also puts up 10 more points a game and blocks as many shots as KG, despite the fact that he's 3 1/2 inches shorter...

TD prolly could be the greatest..the problem with him is that he's got Karl Malone syndrome...everyone knows hes great..everyone acknowledges it but they always place someone a lil higher than him...he's tooo composed..he never shows emotion..u gotta let it out sometimes....thats y i like KG....he's just one big ass ball of emotion....

what do you mean KM syndrome??? Karl used to own the league. Atleast the west and thats just because jordan was still around. He is defintly one of the best players ever(having stockton didn't hurt either)

yes...but u forgot Jon Koncak...Jack Haley....Lorenzo Williams...and Sarunas Marciulonas

HEY! Sarunas was actually a good ballplayer until he tore his ACL 3 times in a row, and Koncak was a very good role player, just a very overpaid one....

But good old Jack Haley.....he was the man. Managed to extend his playing career by about 4 years because he was the only guy Rodman would listen to....the ultimate towel waver of all time (save maybe Steve Scheffler, who literally stayed on the Sonics for as long as he did only because he had better press skills than anyone else)

Originally posted by brickhouse

But AI, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce aren't. Actually, they aren't even the next two I would have put on the list. Those would be Jermaine O'Neal and Rasheed Wallace, both of whom have complete games, but neither of whom plays with full intensity most of the time.

As for the KG/T-Mac comparison, T-Mac also puts up 10 more points a game and blocks as many shots as KG, despite the fact that he's 3 1/2 inches shorter...

You are so wrong about Pierce..........

As an insane Celtics fan I can make an intelligent deduction about the whole Pierce vs. Walker or any other player in the NBA for that matter. Pierce is a complete package only because he knows the value of TEAM PLAY. When he is off he dishes and when he is on he rains.....and he is always the first person back playin on D.....

The only criticism about him is the fact that he does take wild shots. That is only because he and Toine carry the team and Jim O'Brian isolates him with the sole purpose of taking a shot. When he is beat he does force, but most players do....he is not one of the best, but he is above Toine, and even Dirk Novitski

Originally posted by brickhouse

HEY! Sarunas was actually a good ballplayer until he tore his ACL 3 times in a row, and Koncak was a very good role player, just a very overpaid one....

But good old Jack Haley.....he was the man. Managed to extend his playing career by about 4 years because he was the only guy Rodman would listen to....the ultimate towel waver of all time (save maybe Steve Scheffler, who literally stayed on the Sonics for as long as he did only because he had better press skills than anyone else)

jon "contract" koncak was the man yo....

and i duno why people r hatin on Brickowski..Brick did his thing man...

Danny Schayes baby..its all about Danny Schayes.....he'll forever be known as DOLPH's son

this is like who's the best dj...too hard to tell..everyone mentioned so far def has the ability to be number one on my list...but i have to say this about paul pierce....i have never seen as many teams, triple team someone as much as this guy gets tripled team... when he touches the ball i always see two more defenders rotate to his side, must say something about the man's ability...must be hard to still put up the numbers he does with that type of defense being thrown at you day in and day out...jason kidd..i'll say this the man can pass and the man can play d and yeah he can score BUT i don't think he could carry a team scoring wise by himself so i can't see him as best all around player but i'd start my franchise with him at point guard...just some gas to ya'll fire

• 2 weeks later...