Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Aquabooty@lola - Final 2 Weeks!!!

mrjoebudious

CHECK IT

Aquabooty's DiRtY LiTtLe FuNkY ThInG will be closing its lola chapter in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!

A new year is upon us and we here at Aquabooty will be starting it off with a clean slate.

This Saturday will be my last Saturday(Tomas will work the last Saturday) as I am leaving to Puerto Rico to spend time with my Mommy and Bro (lucky me) for the Holidays. Tomas will be out of town this Saturday so I get all his drink tickets so hit me up Yo! Seriously though, stop by, show some love and leave some vibe on that dancefloor one last time. Its been a great run and boy did we throw down at times. Fish Go Deep, Rob Paine, Q burn's Abstract message, Dixon, Miguel Migs, Jay-J, Harvey, Doc Martin, 3 degrees boys, Hamsa crew, Boomerang and ,of course, DHM, have turned that place inside and out too many times to remember. We would love to see you out.

As to what's next. We have been shopping around and have narrowed our choices to two venues so far. We will make our decision by the beginning of the new year and launch sometime mid January.

I'd love your input guys and gals. Where would you like to see us move our gig? I would really appreciate some feedback. You folks on this board (most of you) seem to really care about the music scene and have some mad knowledge of what's up. So don't hold out. We are a listenin'. Feel free and be creative. Your feedback would all be taken to heart.

So, I say to you all THANK YOU. Its been a fun road trip and we're pulling off and headed in a new direction. I hope when we make that turn that you all make that turn with us. Most of you all on this board had so many nice things to say. I thank you, thank you, thank you.

So I'll see you on the dancefloor of lola for one more time. Mad love.

Joe Budious

Aquabooty

p.s. don't forget about our soul hittin' party, BOOMBATTA SOUL LOUNGE, every Friday @ the Marlin. No cover all night and free drinks 11-12 mid. Peace to you all and happy holidays.

Really like what you guys have been doing with bring house to Miami its nice especially for me because I am from Chicago and its hard to find House down here the way its done up North and in Cali.

As far as venues...maybe where Shadow use to be (Now Liquid, I Think)...doesn't have to be too big of a space....old People Lounges lounge something like that.

I think, at least for me and my friends, we are more into......

#1 the DJS....would really like to see some Chicago DJS...like DJ Heather, Derrick Carter, Paul Johnson, Justin Long, Gene Ferris, Felix, Roy Davis Jr, Stacy Kidd, J-Dub....also maybe Farina, Jay-J AND Chris Lum Together...they rocked @ Rain during WMC, Andrew Macari, John Howard, Diz, Mateo & Matos....Kenny Hawkes...Feelgood, Donald Glaude.

#2 You find a good enough venue, with good talent rotating in on Satuday nights and add "Cheap drink specials"...you have the perfect formula. Doesn't even have to be great liquor...like $1 or $2 wells and drafts...and/or $2 to $3 domestics.

#3 Mix it all together with the good locals on the same night...like DHM (opening or closing...too deep for peak time in my opinion, but still good), Boomerang, and maybe soem new up and coming DJS that are sending in Demo's to you (wink, wink). I know its a lot harder than I make it out to be...but if its possible to do it I think it would go off and I would try my hardest to be there every night...its just the prices are usually so crazy for drinks that going out on weekends puts a major dent ones budget.

Originally posted by funketeer

I'd love your input guys and gals. Where would you like to see us move our gig?

Hey Joe, I would really like to see DHM at a place with a better sound system than Lolas...how about...

maze.jpg ???

Cheers and see ya on saturday!

Funk :cool:

as much as I love DHM and Aquabooty, I don't think they can pack a big club yet though who knows??.. I was very excited when they were going to start one night a month at Crobar.

How about where Jail takes place on Saturdays but move the party to Fridays.... there is nothing to do that day and Aquabooty was my and I know, lots of people's, option on Friday night.

Originally posted by laliux

as much as I love DHM and Aquabooty, I don't think they can pack a big club yet though who knows??.. I was very excited when they were going to start one night a month at Crobar.

How about where Jail takes place on Saturdays but move the party to Fridays.... there is nothing to do that day and Aquabooty was my and I know, lots of people's, option on Friday night.

Bump!:eek:

Originally posted by laliux

Maze has a smaller room you know!!! DHM would be perfect for it, especially since they bring their own crowd and don't depend on the venue as much as some other DJ's.

Guys ...... your party rocks! ........ don't have to say it now .... ever since the good old Rain days ....... and with DHM even further back....

It is sad to see your party leave Lola ...... it gave it a special underground feeling ....... like you didn't encounter at Rain .... I was getting sooooo used to the place with DHM's sounds .....

I hope you guys decide soon on the next venue ........ I can only see it as being a huge success ........ and depending on the venue ..... a true historic party ......

Out of the venues I've read on this post ....... there is no better place for any underground party in 2003 than Maze ...... its infraestructure and sound are simply mindblowing ......

As Laliux said earlier in the thread ....... Fridays are for sure your best day ....... especially if it involves Maze ...... their Fridays are not yet established ...... your party is ........ if they find a way to put the mainroom in action ..... the most benefitted will be you guys ..... the logical downpour of people to be exposed to the quality music you guys have established .......

As oppossed to Saturdays ...... when without any discrimination .... your party can shift towards a more structured oriented nite .......

If I would think long term ...... the Aquabooty/DHM party should be on a Friday ...... Maze is a club that can take a little bit to establish ...... but the moment it does ....... just think Twilo .... no jokes ...... no biassed opinion .......

Just imagine any given Friday in April ....... where to go? ...... no brainer ...... Maze ........ great party downstairs in the mainroom (check Globalgirls picture) ....... great party upstairs ....... and hopefully as mixed of a crowd as Miami can possibly handle .....

Sats will be cornering yourselves ....... to a second floor ...... that sincerely is big enough ...... but will segregate the clubgoers into two scenes .......

I just hope you guys find your way to a club like Maze ..... your party deserves it ...... and the underground feeling won't be lost ... not a bit ........

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ...... Joe, Thomas, and DHM ........ let next year be the consolidation of the biggest deep house party in the East Coast ..... peace ...

:cool::hat:

tomas, joe budi, dhm, i can't thank you guys enough for what you have brought to miami. the talent that you bring & your style of promotion is some of the best i have seen anywhere + the vibe at all your events is always outstanding. i think if you guys get a venue that had it's shit together behind you, aquabooty would really have the reputation & legendary status as a weekly party that it deserves.

i have checked out the main room at maze & though the sound is amazing, the room itself has no vibe ( too much of a big room feel) i havent seen this back room that people are talking about but that could be a good option. also have you guys thought about moving to the mainland? have you checked out soho lounge?

anyway i'm sure you will make the right decision. best of luck. all my support & happy holidays. marlon

Wherever you move AquaBooty ... I'll be there. I don't suppose the people at Rain have come to their senses and will have you back? How bout finding a place a little larger and having two rooms? I know a crew who could bring in the Garage and d'n'b heads (hint hint ... Beat Camp ... ahem ;) )

I was there last night and I had a great time, and I'll definitely be there for next saturday's party. I believe the party is truly special and I know they will find a new home. Lets just hope its soon so we don't have to miss a beat. :)

I say we have a massive CP meetup next week and give DirtyLittleFunkyThing@Lola a proper goodbye. :)

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

areyourestricted?

Dayum ... I just realized I'm booked to play at Candyland next Saturday. With luck I'll be playing early and can make the last call at Lola to say goodbye to the best Saturday night weekly that happened this fall. CP meet for the last AquaBooty@Lola sounds like a great idea.

Aquabooty, thank you to you guys too. I've learned alot from you guys within the last year and a half. You always bring in quality talent in a consistant basis and have excellent residents in DHM and Boomerang. Much props and respect for what you guys do. You'll always have me to come and support and show some love. Change is good, and it's always constant. It's just what you make of it, make it positive! :) ... I think you guys would do great at Maze's main room or other room's like the Lime Bar. A joint effort would be interesting too. It'll bring in more peepz that'll come for the benefit of growth and for a worthy cause.. Whatever you guys decide, I'll be there. Here is my wish list for 2003: Mark Farina, Miguel Migs, Jay-J, Harvey, Doc Martin, Joshua, Tom Middleton, Q-Burns Abstract Message, Three, Marques Wyatt, Sen-Sei and David Coleman and a Soulstic live P.A. :)

peace & chicken grease!

Hey Joe!

I was nice finally meeting you on Sat. night. I talked w/ you for a while after you handed me a flyer for the New Years shindig!

I'm disappointed about the closing of Lola - I really did like the venue - it had a raw feeling to it that matched the vibe DHM created for the room. I had a great time on Saturday and will be there next Saturday for the last night!

As far as new venues: I haven't been to Maze but if they do have a smaller room (I get the impression it is a big club!) then that would be better, unless you guys bring in a big name DJ for a guest spot then a larger place would be better.

Someone suggested People lounge (I don't know what it's called now - I remember Lua, Surface!!) - I love that room - it may be too small for you guys, but it's a great room!

Whatever you guys decide on, I'm sure the fan base you have developed over the years will follow you.

Good luck with the new venue search - and I'll see you on the dancefloor on Saturday! :-)

Dennis.

www.soulxpres.com