Clubplanet Nightlife Community

cherri was ??????????????

baldbull

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by whatevaman

why are you getting nasty with me??? i am trying to have a conversation and you want to curse and get nasty. did i say something to offend you. and i wished the kid nothing but the best of luck with his career. you act like riverstreet is the hottest place going and being that he spins there how dare me not know of him. and because i don't know him i dont have a clue. i don't understand some people. your not even worth my time.

Sorry that I flew off the handle, but yeah I got offended by you assuming the buzz is created by his friends only. It was simple...................check him out and if you like him you'll understand. Like Brian said......he wouldn't be at Metro for New Years if he wasn't good........

why are you getting nasty with me??? i am trying to have a conversation and you want to curse and get nasty. did i say something to offend you. and i wished the kid nothing but the best of luck with his career. you act like riverstreet is the hottest place going and being that he spins there how dare me not know of him. and because i don't know him i dont have a clue. i don't understand some people. your not even worth my time.

Can't always start from the top...got to work from what you are provided with and only hope for the best...I'm sure you know this. Wish I could just get my college degree the day after graduating high school, but that can't happen now, can it? Shit...I wish I could be the VP at my company right now, but that can't happen either. I enjoy working hard to achieve something, it's something that motivates me and it is something that can not just be handed to you. In my eyes, motivation is something that builds character and something that makes life interesting on a day to day basis. It is something that makes a person feel good to know that they are being rewarded for their hard work. I just hope your not one of those people who have had everything given to them on a silver platter, bc then I can't say I understand what it's like to not be motivated or have any intelligence on doing something themself. However, if you are a hard worker as well I am almost certain that you can agree with this.

Originally posted by exit82

SO WHAT IS EVERYONES OPINION, IS THIS PLACE GOING TO MAKE IT OR WHAT????

I think it will. My only thing is that the crowd that was there is a crwd that usually hits another spot..... Not to take away from thr crowd, but you hold them, not just borrow them. Yes, I had a lot of fun and really enjoyed myself, this is just my POV...

Originally posted by joegio

Honestly...to everyone on this thread...I am the kind of person that has worked hard for the past couple of years to get a shot at djing wherever I can. I love music and I love the fact that I have had the opportunity to play for my friends and others that come out. These 'friends' on clubplanet are people that I have only met over the past 6 months. I have become close with some and just aquaintences with others. The aforementioned statement by whatevaman, is something that I strongly disagree with, because this world is all about who you know and strong promotion, and that is all I have strived to do. Knowing the business is also important (I agree with that), but I have been in the business for a long time, started off promoting and then got into this side of the business. In regards to the Cherri thing, our intent was to improve this party, not to make it a topic of discussion on 'who is better, or this or that.' I feel that it is important to state the fact that people there have made it almost something along the lines of a competition. Situations like this can only worsen a night or reflect poorly on the club itself.

In addition to the reply about 'new music,' whatevaman, sorry you felt that way, but the new stuff is not what always keeps a crowd moving, this is also something that I have learned over the course of time. In this business you have to satisfy both ends (female and male), in either case one may like something new, BUT.... it is always good to 'mix in' something that everyone in the club knows or will move to and not just something that some of these industry people classify as being 'hot' and if it hasn't been released within the past 2 months it's old and played out. I know your friends with Tooch (as well am I) and I'm sure he will tell you the same thing. I appreciate your input.

yes you do have to please the crowd from both ends there is no denying that. want to keep as many people as happy as possible. and there is nothing wrong with having people support you regardless if they are friends or not that is what it is all about. and it has nothing to do with how new a track is. there are plenty of ways to keep a crowd moving, the only way isn't just playing oldies. but there should def be a happy medium. i mean why are all these dj's going out 2,3,4,5,6 times a month record shopping, eat, breathing and shitting house muzik? to be on top of there game because this is what is making people move on the floor. i have mad respect for dj's that are on top of their game when it comes to muzik (and i am by no means saying you are not). that is what it is all about, that is what the majority wants to hear whether you like to believe so or not. the people in the industry, hence promoter, bar tenders can give a F less about the muzik they want to make money. and yes i am friends with mark but i will tell you that one thing that i have learned from people like him and binoy and jarmenio, and kirk lopez, and serge, mike mac, mike ski, boris, santana, bug out, manny, denny, louie devito, rydell, allen ash, bon, anthony acid, and many others that i have met along the way, is that everyone in this business respects one another and they all know eachother and always support one another. you don't see these guys getting involved on these boards and sure as hell don't see their friends arguing with other dj's making it into something it shouldn't be. like this thread was starting to do. anyways i dont want this to become something it is not. i am definitely going to check this party out soon because a few of my boys work there and i will introduce myself. nothing but the best of luck and use this board to your advantage but try not to get involved in drama...lol.

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

whatevaman

You are Jay's brother Dom right? I remember you. Every board is like this. I hear you on what you are saying.

yeah that's me my man. there will always be drama on boards, but there are certain things that could always and should always be avoided...lol. many people are going to rip on these dj's cause not everyone will have the same opinion but you need to take the good with the bad. there have many of times on here where mark got ripped cause someone didn't like him but he didn't even bother responding because it makes the dj look stupid and people are entitled to their opinion. i am sure i will see you around kid.

Originally posted by stiffler

Sorry that I flew off the handle, but yeah I got offended by you assuming the buzz is created by his friends only. It was simple...................check him out and if you like him you'll understand. Like Brian said......he wouldn't be at Metro for New Years if he wasn't good........

no problem kid.

Can't always start from the top...got to work from what you are provided with and only hope for the best...I'm sure you know this. Wish I could just get my college degree the day after graduating high school, but that can't happen now, can it? Shit...I wish I could be the VP at my company right now, but that can't happen either. I enjoy working hard to achieve something, it's something that motivates me and it is something that can not just be handed to you. In my eyes, motivation is something that builds character and something that makes life interesting on a day to day basis. It is something that makes a person feel good to know that they are being rewarded for their hard work. I just hope your not one of those people who have had everything given to them on a silver platter, bc then I can't say I understand what it's like to not be motivated or have any intelligence on doing something themself. However, if you are a hard worker as well I am almost certain that you can agree with this.

agree with you 100%. nothing better then working hard for what you want and getting it. shit takes a lot of time and has it's ups and downs as i am sure you know. and knowing the right people never hurts at all.

Joe, you get your point across so good by the way you say things.

You are always so nice! :clap:

and yes i am friends with mark but i will tell you that one thing that i have learned from people like him and binoy and jarmenio, and kirk lopez, and serge, mike mac, mike ski, boris, santana, bug out, manny, denny, louie devito, rydell, allen ash, bon, anthony acid, and many others that i have met along the way, is that everyone in this business respects one another and they all know eachother and always support one another. you don't see these guys getting involved on these boards and sure as hell don't see their friends arguing with other dj's making it into something it shouldn't be. like this thread was starting to do.

I totally agree with you... i was feeling the same thing, but didnt know how to say it. Seriously, you never hear the djs and industry people you mentioned bashing each other... they all present each other very professionally and that is how they became successful to this day. It doesnt seem like they are competing, they do the job they love to do and do it without the drama. They dont get their friends on messageboards trying to say others suck the first chance they get.

The DJs should go do their job, try to please the crowd and whatever. The crowd should go there and just relax and have fun. I really didnt see a major difference in the way mike or joe played. It's immature and petty to go back and forth insulting in order to make another dj look better.

Originally posted by stiffler

What can I say....................that place has enourmous potential and last night was just a taste of how great it can be. I am sure several people had doubts about this place after the bad reviews it recieved with the previous Grand Opening from the other promoters, but hey.............Vip-tech and Joeyslicks sure did a great job. I too am a little upset Joe did not spin longer, but I would have been pissed too if someone shut the amp off during my set(dummies)..............nevertheless, both DJ's did a great job and the overall night was a success.

One comments or recomendations for the place though:

1. Tell those bartenders to get a clue. In the beginning of the night when the place wasn't that packed, it would take forever to get a drink......that was everyones complaint..............

Vip and Slicks.............hook Seasidedan up with a job in that hizzouse.................

Also, it was great seeing so many cp heads................

Hunnie818...always a pleasure to see

Thehype......good to see ya bro

Chica(I think thats what you said) no wait it was Mochi?-your a sweetheart

Spygirl-what a surprise

Bobbydigital-nobody works those ropes as well as you(your arm must be tired)

Badassmofo-the doorman,the myth the legend

DJchoopa-Ninadd punked you out

Psychosweetie..........:kiss2:

Dknybabe & Joegio-the best

Neena & Piro:love: I love you guys

Misk & Mystify-nice to finally put faces to the names

Incredulous-I believe we met last night

Jennijugs & Seasidedan-go fuck yourselves(j/k)

Hope I didn't leave anyone out.............oh wait, yes I did..............Big shout out to the little Browneyed newbie

Browneyedqt

the names suits you very well....................and there was your big shout-out

OK STICKY,

#1> I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU, IT HAS A DEFINITE DEFINITE POTENTIAL AND NOW THAT JEFF AND JOE TOOK IT OVER, IT GONNA BE GOOD.

THE FIGHT OUTSIDE WHEN I WAS LEAVING WAS PRETTY INTERESTING....MY FRIEND ANTHONY HAD BLOOD ALL OVER HIS CAR FROM IT

#2> I AM MAD AT YOU!!!! HELLO YOU FORGOT TO ADD MY CP NAME TO YOUR LIST.................AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU KNOWN ME??????????? LOL

Just wanted to say thanx for all the shout outs....and sticky my arm is still tired from that night....that rope was a workout.....and thanx to everyone for being understanding and waiting around when necessary instead of just rushing me....which would have of course forced me to open up a can of whoop ass on everybody.....but good thing i didnt have to do that.. :laugh:

Ill see everybody this saturday night....get everybody fired up cause the buzz is already out and with everybody's support it should be a great night

Had a great time! The place was very cool except for the droopy boobed bartender! :rolleyes:

Shoutouts to: :kiss2:

Joegio

dknybaby

mystify

incredulous

thehype

misk

spygirl

moschi69 (very nice meeting you chick!)

dogekid

joeyslicks

neena

piro

bobbydigital (thanx for the VIP)

badass (thanx for the comp)

mikedahat

latinaz

jennijugs

3rdflfactoria

p-tech

Nice to meet: :D

Browneyecutie

Psychsweetie

Bknuckles

Armanifella

All in all i had a great time!!! I'll definately be back! :hat:

Originally posted by djchoopa

i have no class . are you kidding me. look you are wasting my time little boy. i heard reina over going through it since merger in the summer when richie played it.

joe gio did not clip the amp ..... when it took 3 minutes to figure it out .... the switch on the amp was shut off. what a coincidence? maybe somebody shut the amp down by hitting it with their body. and your boy mike whatever .......... was playing luz davina so loud as the last song that people were covering their ears because the sound was piercing their ears. hello ????? how come the sound did not sure off then because if the amps were gonna clip and shut off .. it would have happened then ?

look . i can go on and on about things i felt were bad on mike's part and you can probably say the same about joe. just leave it at that and see what happens next saturday

Choopa please stop and everyone else stop with the fucking drama it was a great night

Hope to see everyone last night...

Originally posted by crackaa55cece

OK STICKY,

#2> I AM MAD AT YOU!!!! HELLO YOU FORGOT TO ADD MY CP NAME TO YOUR LIST.................AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU KNOWN ME??????????? LOL

I'm so sowwy............I completely forgot you sweetheart:(

Can you ever forgive me:D

Its not very often that I comment on a DJ in fact I never do, because for the most part I don't KNOW shit about any of this music and really could care less about it.

However, Joe has played at almost every club I work at and the response has been the same everywhere, he's great!!

Joe, is a class act, he has been nothing but a great person everytime I see him.

I like him so much that I'm looking into getting him to play at my favorite summer spot, as a guest DJ!!!!

I think Joe is a good guy, so back up or I'll bite your face off!!!!

THANK YOU,

PEACE LOVE AND SOUL

Originally posted by bigmurray

Its not very often that I comment on a DJ in fact I never do, because for the most part I don't KNOW shit about any of this music and really could care less about it.

However, Joe has played at almost every club I work at and the response has been the same everywhere, he's great!!

Joe, is a class act, he has been nothing but a great person everytime I see him.

I like him so much that I'm looking into getting him to play at my favorite summer spot, as a guest DJ!!!!

I think Joe is a good guy, so back up or I'll bite your face off!!!!

THANK YOU,

PEACE LOVE AND SOUL

very nicely said.....short and right to the point.

Originally posted by jerrycxtacy

i think its pointless to have 2 djs anyways. What you guys shoulda done is have either just 1 dj all night or have one open and one close.. easy as that!

by the way, vip if u read this please email me @ itzxtacy@aol.com i have a question to ask u about this saturday night!! peace

Couldn't agree more! Both these Dj's are not any type if bigger name like a rydell, or a santana, or denny who are at a point in their career where they have openers. They should have one Dj or the other and that Dj should focus on learning how to program a whole night from begining to end and get those people on the floor and once they are on there keep them there which is the hardest part. Also it is hard to have a sucessfull night if they want to compete with the big big boys like a deko, joeys, metro, bunks with two dj's that many people have not heard of. Same thing happened with Mark at platinum. It doesnt mean he wasn't good or that joe and mike aren't either, it just is harder for these types of dj's who start out not well known at all. Friday's at Platinum was tough for Tooch because no one had heard of him at first so it was harder to get it going. Well that and a lack of promotions. But they learned from their mistakes too and now have a few succesful nights there which is good for them. It's all trial and error

Originally posted by sweeet

I totally agree with you... i was feeling the same thing, but didnt know how to say it. Seriously, you never hear the djs and industry people you mentioned bashing each other... they all present each other very professionally and that is how they became successful to this day. It doesnt seem like they are competing, they do the job they love to do and do it without the drama. They dont get their friends on messageboards trying to say others suck the first chance they get.

The DJs should go do their job, try to please the crowd and whatever. The crowd should go there and just relax and have fun. I really didnt see a major difference in the way mike or joe played. It's immature and petty to go back and forth insulting in order to make another dj look better.

:D :D :D