Clubplanet Nightlife Community

question for the ladies

voluptuary

CP ladies, help me out with this:

You're in a crowded club or bar, and you see a guy that interests you. How do you get his attention so that he'll approach and talk to you?

I've noticed this thing that women will do where they will stand right next to a guy with her back turned completely toward him.... and sometimes, if it's crowded enough, will sort of very gently back up into him. Am I imagining this or what? Is this something that you do or have ever done? I thought this was interesting because a guy's method is totally different. A guy has a more direct -- face, make eye contact, fix your gaze, smile -- approach.

Originally posted by erica127

i actually don't have an approach cuz i seriously am shy when it comes to a guy that i think is cute & wanna talk to him..so i just wait & hope he comes over to me...that's my lil approach :D

lol.. same here... told you Helen :tongue: hehe

Originally posted by voluptuary

You're in a crowded club or bar, and you see a guy that interests you. How do you get his attention so that he'll approach and talk to you?

I've noticed this thing that women will do where they will stand right next to a guy with her back turned completely toward him.... and sometimes, if it's crowded enough, will sort of very gently back up into him. Am I imagining this or what? Is this something that you do or have ever done? I thought this was interesting because a guy's method is totally different. A guy has a more direct -- face, make eye contact, fix your gaze, smile -- approach.

holy shit !! i thought it was just my imagination also .. girls do that backing up thing to me all the time :laugh: i thought it was just accidental :confused: but now i see im not the only one it happens to.. usually when i see a girl i like i just make eye contact & see the reaction.. then if the reaction was good ill just make some kind of conversation about the music or something of that nature .. but gotta be pleasant about it ;)

This is definately true.......this shit happens all the time. Its like the thing women do to AVOID using pick up lines. I don't know, its kinda a weird way to get me to talk. I like the good ole eye contact a whole lot better......if you want me to come over, give me some sort of signal.

I do hate cheesy lines though

The most common lines I hear are:

You know what time it is?

Can I bum a cigarette?

Originally posted by atomicapples

wouldnt it be nice if a girl just came up to a guy and said...

"hey what ya drinking?" -her

"coke on the rocks!" -him

"ooo... the sweet guy who makes sure all his boys get home safe" -her

"yeaps" -him

and then a connection is made.

nah thats gay...

Depends o the girl and the place. If you are in a super crowded place, sometimes it happens. I usually prefer to be more direct about it. Usually I will will make eye contact, I am always smiling like the chesire cat, and and and you let him know that you want to talk to him...

Girls definitely do this! Me and my friends call it positioning

So I guess I'm not imagining this all. Sometimes it's not even a back up, but just a positioning very close, but with the back turned toward you.

My next question: How long do you wait for him to take the bait before you move on? Not just in the situation we've discussed, but in the common scenario where eye contact and maybe a smile is exchanged.

And to you shy girls.....do you really remain that passive...you see a guy you like and it's...stare into space, cross your fingers and give a silent prayer. You really do absolutely nothing? Remember, we're not talking about a literal approach where you walk up to him and introduce yourself.

Originally posted by bebby6919

:laugh: Ok, so you are my ONE exception. But thats not really considered an approach. Plus this thread is about approaches in a bar/club. :tongue:

An approach is an approach, dont listen to her ladies!

And techincally you did approach me at roxy........:tongue: