Clubplanet Nightlife Community

>>What were some of Yor FAVORiTE 80's Artists?

glowgrlnyc

duran duran!!!

when i was six, i named my stuffed animal leopard "rio" after the album/song. my logic was that leopards come from the jungle, the rio grande, etc.

as far as music went, i was one precocious kid! my dad got me a subscription to rolling stone around that age even though i just looked at the pictures and read the captions, and my brother and i watched mtv whenever he left us alone (which was a lot). we used to scramble to turn it off and pretend we were reading or something as soon as we heard the front door slam :laugh: .

Ahhh the 80's :)

In the 80's I was into all kinds of rock. I was basically raised around it. My cousin was in WHITE LION. I know they were not huge but I thought it was kinda cool having a little fame in my family. Also all the perks. Having the chance to go to concerts of a few other big name bands when I was really young. And hangin out in LAMOURS in brooklyn when I was like 12 years old.

Wow memories. :laugh:

Heh " Send me an Angel " Still love that song.

TRIVIA - Which BMX based movie was that a part of the sound track???

Originally posted by gmccookny

nice collage, misky ;)

I loved the Police, Tears for Fears, INXS, AHA, LL cool J

ANd do you realize there's a ton of artists from the 80's we don't even know their name, just the songs?/?

Send me an angel.... riiight noooow :D

That was "Send Me An Angel" by Real Life

reallife3.jpg

i actually have a copy of this on vinyl :laugh:

Originally posted by bobross

RAD

You know up until pretty recently I thought I was one of few that saw that movie. I found an old copy on EBAY and bought it a few months ago after hearing that song one day. LoL Everytime I hear the damn song I think of the movie.

Originally posted by elementx

You know up until pretty recently I thought I was one of few that saw that movie. I found an old copy on EBAY and bought it a few months ago after hearing that song one day. LoL Everytime I hear the damn song I think of the movie.

Rad was great. I saw that the same day i saw Gleaming the Cube.

Brings back memories of building ramps and trading trucks with my boyzzz :cool:

Originally posted by elementx

Ahhh the 80's :)

My cousin was in WHITE LION. .

Wow memories. :laugh:

Heh " Send me an Angel " Still love that song.

Yeah white lion! "Wait! Wait! I only wanna say i love you..."

Prince, Great White, Journey, Whitesnake (or where they already the early 90s?) CYNDI LAUPER - what a set of pipes. Billy Idol. B52s, Pat Benatar, who could forget the one hit wonder "i ran" by the Flock of Seagulls lol...

Originally posted by daisytcam

Yeah white lion! "Wait! Wait! I only wanna say i love you..."

Prince, Great White, Journey, Whitesnake (or where they already the early 90s?) CYNDI LAUPER - what a set of pipes. Billy Idol. B52s, Pat Benatar, who could forget the one hit wonder "i ran" by the Flock of Seagulls lol...

Funny how '' WHEN THE CHILDREN CRY '' Kinda reflects september 11th. Meanwhile the song is like almost 20 years old.