Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rumor: GU troubles

shadygroovedc

Millie was in the gossiping mood but couldn't log on to CP, so I'm doing a surrogate post:

OFFICIAL MESSAGE FROM GU

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The directors of Global Underground have voluntarily appointed

administrators to restructure the company and help manage it through the

current difficult financial climate that a lot of the industry is suffering.

This is to dispel recent message board gossip on the subject.

GLOBALUNDERGROUND

--------------

My (shady's) response to GU's "difficult financial climate" would be to stop letting James Lavelle do shitty fucking GU's and you're all straight.

yeah, i had just read it on their MB. the overall quality of the recent GU's has gone down or maybe they just expanded the series way to much in such a short period,but really there hasnt been in the past year and a half a GU release that left saying "OMFG!!"

deep dish was good

lights out was also good

as well as burridge's

Originally posted by vicman

yeah, i had just read it on their MB. the overall quality of the recent GU's has gone down or maybe they just expanded the series way to much in such a short period,but really there hasnt been in the past year and a half a GU release that left saying "OMFG!!"

deep dish was good

lights out was also good

as well as burridge's

IMO, there hasn't been an "OMFG" GU release since Digweed LA.

There've been good one's since, but I wore the shit out of that CD for over a year.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

IMO, there hasn't been an "OMFG" GU release since Digweed LA.

There've been good one's since, but I wore the shit out of that CD for over a year.

yup. parts of those compilations i metioned have been good, but really nothing that has been excellent throughout the 2 CD's.

yup. parts of those compilations i metioned have been good, but really nothing that has been excellent throughout the 2 CD's.

I'm pretty bored with compilations as it is. I'd much prefer to dl a couple sets and here it live. There's something thats taken away from doing it via Pro Tools...even if you are Digweed.

Originally posted by revaluation

I'm pretty bored with compilations as it is. I'd much prefer to dl a couple sets and here it live. There's something thats taken away from doing it via Pro Tools...even if you are Digweed.

Yeah. I stopped lsitening to compilations in favor of live sets a while ago. They're much more interesting to listen to.

since were talking about compilations, live sets and GU, I just got the Kiss 100 set from 12-27, its S&D from Atlanta in the Delta Heavy tour. Pretty good. Some of the same tracks from the Miami one in March, but still pretty good.

Wasnt Millie at that one?

Wasnt Millie at that one?

I think she was. If I remember the story correctly, she ran into Diggers in the hall of her hotel and tried to molest him. I'm pretty sure that's how it went. Too bad she can't get on CP to confirm or deny. I guess we'll just have to go with my story.

I think she was. If I remember the story correctly, she ran into Diggers in the hall of her hotel and tried to molest him. I'm pretty sure that's how it went. Too bad she can't get on CP to confirm or deny. I guess we'll just have to go with my story.

Yes she went down there with ex-boyfriend turned cool clubber, Maat Paat.

Originally posted by digital7

unfortunately, you are all witnessing the demise of Global Underground

If you mean the Global Underground community, then I say who cares. The people there all suck.

If you mean the Global Underground CD series, then it's been getting shittier and shittier, so who cares to that too.

If you mean the Global Underground community, then I say who cares. The people there all suck.

If you mean the Global Underground CD series, then it's been getting shittier and shittier, so who cares to that too.

am I the only one in there that actually likes the james lavelle cd? It's diff from the rest of the GU's and I dont mind it. But some of the track towards the end of disc 1 I can't bear to hear anymore because I've heard em many times before. Disc 2 I dont really care for. My fav breaks track right now is still force mass motion Vs dylan- Hold back. Thanks to vic for getting me the hybrid Kiss 100 set. that's how I knew about that track.

Originally posted by joeygk

I bought that James Lavelle GU and all I have to say is someone owes me $15 dollars -----> break beats my ass; that comp just sucked it hard. :puke:

:laugh: :laugh:

ain't mincing any words are we? youve been hangin' out with saleen too much there buddy. :tongue:

:laugh:

Originally posted by spinsaikel

am I the only one in there that actually likes the james lavelle cd? It's diff from the rest of the GU's and I dont mind it. But some of the track towards the end of disc 1 I can't bear to hear anymore because I've heard em many times before. Disc 2 I dont really care for. My fav breaks track right now is still force mass motion Vs dylan- Hold back. Thanks to vic for getting me the hybrid Kiss 100 set. that's how I knew about that track.

Tracks sucked. His mixing blows. And I'm not talking about trainwrecking, either. I just hate the way he only mixes till he hits a breakdown. It fucking kills the mood. He should take some lessons from Pappa. That man knows how to mix right through a breakdown.

i like the GU board in Spanish. just a bunch of mexicans there, i feel like home.

i like the GU board in Spanish. just a bunch of mexicans there, i feel like home.

Wow. I just saw that for the first time today. Everybody's so much nicer on the Spanish GU board. Maybe it's cause I can only understand about half of what they're saying, but in any case, it seems a lot nicer than the assholes on the GU Music board.

Wow. I just saw that for the first time today. Everybody's so much nicer on the Spanish GU board. Maybe it's cause I can only understand about half of what they're saying, but in any case, it seems a lot nicer than the assholes on the GU Music board.

only problem is that there is only one chick over there, although she also posts on the CP sex board.