Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD @ Roxy

WHY CAN"T ROXY GET GOOD HOUSE AND NOT ALL THIS TRANCE CRAP. Sorry I'm not a Trance head.......what's up w/ Roxy and all this trance. Why not a big Friday night w/ Roger Sanchez......or Deep Dish, or even techno like Hawtin, Lawler.....basically Twilo lineups. I'm aware of the Dream party Sunday but but half the acts are big on rave parties.....and I'm sure the crowd will follow.......no thanks.

I hear what your saying about the house dj's but come on for real, Why wouldnt you want the The best DJ in the world PVD, Im sorry there is no other dj that compares to PAUL VAN DYK. hes the best there is. I also recall him being apart of TWILO's line up every other monthand packed the place out like no other Dj could, and yes i know cause i was there everyfriday for two solid years straigt maybe missing a handful of nights but thats it. PPPPPPPVVVVVVVDDDDDDDDD is gonna give us a serious beating this time. Last time at roxy it was just a warm up to feal it out now its to to lay it down.

Originally posted by sandman1130

I hear what your saying about the house dj's but come on for real, Why wouldnt you want the The best DJ in the world PVD, Im sorry there is no other dj that compares to PAUL VAN DYK. hes the best there is. I also recall him being apart of TWILO's line up every other monthand packed the place out like no other Dj could, and yes i know cause i was there everyfriday for two solid years straigt maybe missing a handful of nights but thats it. PPPPPPPVVVVVVVDDDDDDDDD is gonna give us a serious beating this time. Last time at roxy it was just a warm up to feal it out now its to to lay it down.

I've found in this life that stating an example of a superlative is the surest way to be ridiculed for lack of visionary scope. Read a book, and call us back.

Originally posted by cesarleo

WHY CAN"T ROXY GET GOOD HOUSE AND NOT ALL THIS TRANCE CRAP. Sorry I'm not a Trance head.......what's up w/ Roxy and all this trance. Why not a big Friday night w/ Roger Sanchez......or Deep Dish, or even techno like Hawtin, Lawler.....basically Twilo lineups. I'm aware of the Dream party Sunday but but half the acts are big on rave parties.....and I'm sure the crowd will follow.......no thanks.

i don't really care that much for trance either, but PVD is different. last time he was here we got almost an hour of electro.

and roxy's regular fridays are now hip hop if i have been reading thr boards correctly lately, not trance.

Trance sells tickets.

Originally posted by highmay

wrong...pvd sells tickets...tiesto sells tickets...avb, ferry, and scot project sells tickets....

where was the crowd for Marco V, John '00' Fleming, and Mario Piu?

yeah, they all spin trance. They're bigger names then the latter mentioned guys. What genre of electronic music is the biggest draw in NYC though?

Carl Cox, arguably the biggest name in tech, didn't do near as well as did PVD or Tiesto. Deep Dish, arguably one of the bigger names in the house genre, didn't do nearly as well as did Ferry Corsten. Over in Europe, what genre draws the biggest crowds? Trance. Will Saeed and Palash draw a bigger crowd in NYC then let's say Cosmic Gate? No.

Like I said, Trance sells tickets.

Originally posted by zeeker

yeah, they all spin trance. They're bigger names then the latter mentioned guys. What genre of electronic music is the biggest draw in NYC though?

Carl Cox, arguably the biggest name in tech, didn't do near as well as did PVD or Tiesto. Deep Dish, arguably one of the bigger names in the house genre, didn't do nearly as well as did Ferry Corsten. Over in Europe, what genre draws the biggest crowds? Trance. Will Saeed and Palash draw a bigger crowd in NYC then let's say Cosmic Gate? No.

Like I said, Trance sells tickets.

point well taken, but im not arguing over marketability...im arguing that NYC isnt exactly the central hub of trance in America...people only come out for the big names...

you can make for DC though, because Glow is the longest running trance party in America and they dont exactly bring the biggest names every week...

how many people would go out for Talla2XLC, Johan Gielen, and Darren Shambala?? not many...but how many would go out for oakey, pvd, scot project, and tiesto?

big names sell tickets my friend...

Trance is taking over NYC!!!!!!!!

It's about to invade,and there's no stopping it! It is a fire that is raging out of control,so,either run,hide,or be infected!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ahm...who cares who sells what...who the fuck wants to be pigeon holed into likin one genre? Not I...i swing from French House..to Acid Trance....to Progressive...i dont c the problem with havin PVD in NYC..hes fuckin great...

o..and seriously....Cesarleo...why not Trance? NYC is all about HOUSE...if u want HOUSE...look around..its all over the place...i love when a big name trance dj comes to NYC...hopefully i wont get tossed outa Roxy this time :D

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

Actually Made. will be having a night at the ROXY with DEEP DISH for the Global Underground Release of the 25th G.U.

:eek:

when is this! I will so be there. Deep dishes rumors tracklist for the GU is off the rocker.