Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why Is Hip Hop More Popular Than House

silverbull

HIPHOP SELLS!!

LOTTA MONEY IN THE HIPHOP INDUSTRY.

BACK WHEN PPL ONLY TAKED ABOUT BEING GANGSTA AND SHIT THEY DIDNT MAKE ANYTHING.WHEN PUFFY BROUGHT MASE AND SOME OTHER PPL SHIT GOT FUCKED UP.

PUFFF IS THE GENIUS AND PUFF IS THE ONE THAT SHOULD TAKE BLAME FOR WUT HAPPENED TO HIPHOP.ANYWAY,HIPHOP IS MARKETABLE AND COMMERICAL.IM INTO HOUSE NOW OF COURSE NOT AS MUCH AS HIPHOP THOUGH

ITS NOT HIPHOP ITS RAP!!!

I think that most people are close minded when it comes to other forms of music, and most of the young people are ignorant, if it ain't hip hop, they're not gonna listen to it.

However sometimes if you play a house track for people who listen to hip hop, they'll like it, but they won't listen to house because they're scared to be different than te whole majority. Almost all of my freinds are strictly hip hop heads, but they listen to house to, but on the down low for some reason, almost like they are scared to admit that they like it, which is really sad. But it all comes from the fact that they don't want to be different, they want to "Fit in," and most people these days only listen to the crap that they hear on the radio, and that's the only music they think that exists.

And I agree with what was said earlier, that house music has real soul, which most people don't have. I mean ill be in the car straight trippin to some house tracks and other people in the car won't be able to feel what I'm feeling. I had to admit i find that kind of amazing sometiems, like, wtf, how come you cant feel this shit?

But not to diss hip hop, there is alot of good quality underground hip hop that has plenty of soul, but you wont hear that on the radio cuz most ppl wont be able to feel that shit.

Also I think that lots of house tracks dont cater to a specific audience or portray a certain marketable image, with commercial hip hop you have all that bling bling, bitches and hoes shit.

But I think that there are more ppl out there who really like house, but won't admit it and won't dive into the scene cuz they don't wanna be cracked on by other hip hop cats. Armand Van Helden said in an interview that he use to see Busta Rhymes and the Lost boys at house clubs, and not to mention Common.

But aside from that, the producers, even in hip hop, know what house is and respect it, cuz they need to listen to all types of music to sample and hear different types of sounds.

Peace,

-XeNo-

Originally posted by silverbull

I dont know why i cant understand. Im from the projects of brooklyn hip hop is all over this neighborhood. Ive lived here all my life and im like the only one who blasts houe music. And i dont even know why people get more xcited for rap,its annoying. You cant even dance to that shit.

becasue hiphop is more mainstream

How bout this?

This thread keeps going and going like the energizer bunny.

Enough is enough, let's put a stop to the madness please.

Everyone has their opinion, everyone likes different types of music, some genres are more popular mainstream wise than others for a list of reasons.

THE END.

:blank:

Originally posted by sdeelite

Very nicely put...

To add to what you said about dance music being ever evolving and fast moving....that is part of the problem in marketing it, b/c think about it...by the time they get to marketing and promoting something effectively (which takes effort, time, and money) many people have moved on to the next jam or big thing...

Also dance music is a very track induced culture based mainly on producers and NOT artists...the dance genre needs to start developing more artists that can make albums and perform live and have some staying power...Hip Hop, Rock, Country...all those genres have seriously developed artists with a huge fan base--it's something to latch on to and ppl begin to start expecting new things from different artists every year.

Yes dance has it's artists, but they are few and far between. Dance relies mainly on singles, and right now there's practically no singles market...the only way dance music record companies really make any money these days is on those compilations u see everywhere--it's also the reason why in recent years the idea of the compilation has become so popular and common place and overwhelmes our music stores.

Also, as was said before--having MTV exposure would help A LOT. But they need to see that there is massive money to be made before they put anything on the air.

Perhaps as dance music and the promotion and marketing of it evloves we will see it rise from the "underground" so to speak, or at least into some part of the mainstream. Some of it is poppy enough for it to happen, we just need a lot of the right support behind it.

Ok how can i put this....... I know and its also good that the DANCE scene is growing and growing. And its growing without publicity or commercially like "hip hop" has been doing and still is.The crowd that "we" belong to is for the reason that we want to be there cause of the music the atmophere,have been in this crowd and clubbing for some time now and never seen a fight breakout like they do in hip hop crowds.The music unites us and let us enjoy it at its fullest,big,fat,skinny,black,white,etc.....its the music that brings us together.Now DANCE(trance,house,tech,etc) is more underground,now its not as hard,but before it was very hard to find and buy this kind of music and thats why I think we appriciate it more cause it makes us go out of our way to get it,listen to it,long lines,expensive cover @ clubs its all part of it.Also its alot of word 2 word that makes this music rotate around. I would never never want MTV to broadcast underground music or any other BIG tv program cause for the reason it will get commercial then that would really suck,BIG TIMES.Look @ skribbles hes ok but nobody that I know really gives a shyt about him and hes big in the states.

For example hip hop stations pass the same f**king songs all day.I'll get tired of that shyt.Plus it has to do with today society all the kids well most kids grow up listenning to hip hop,and make well they think it makes their ego's bigger or badder,and they see all these rappers with bling bling,fancy cars,money falling from the sky,guns,and bullshyt like that.So the kids see that shyt,their getting lied with all this shyt that I just mentioned and they fall for it.Dont get me wrong I use to listen to rap,but I didn't like the crowds and most rappers talk about killing you your family its f**king pathetic.Once people give DANCE a chance they'll love it or @ least they'll start listenning to it.Once I discovered the dance scene I said FUCK everything else.Dont get me wrong Im very open minded.People go to the clubs and see how everyone is enjoying themselves and FEEL the POWER dance music transmitts then they will realize they have been missing out.Yes drugs are a big part of the dance scene but its also big in the RAP scene aswell.

I just feel that DANCE music is growing day by day witout publicity and should stay that way.

Thats how i see it.BTW did I make any sense? LOL Sorry got carried away,just so much shyt to say that I can be all day on comparing these 2 music scenes.But I know where I belong.

And yes HIP HOP is annoying!!

Apparently I need to reiterate myself again...

Someone asked why hip hop is more popular than house and I answered why, and if house or any dance music were to get more popular the steps that would need to be taken to get to that inflated status. I work for a label so I was just trying to put my two cents in, coming from my own personal knowledge.

I was not implying that it should happen, I know we all like our dance music underground and exclusive and far away from the majority. Most people in this scene are all about that.

I myself go out to clubs all the time, I am also a DJ, so I know what "feeling the power of dance music" is about as well.

Yes dance music is growing organically these days, but most underground music movements do and eventually, somehow, it gets picked up by the mainstream. It can take a long time to do this, and who knows if this will happen to dance music, but there are plenty of examples of music genres that were underground before that eventually became the best thing next to sliced bread (i.e.-blues, rock n roll, rap/hip hop).

I love dance music too, and wouldn't want to see it exploited ad nauseum, but I was, and am just stating the facts.

Originally posted by thehype

same reason why METAL is dead, old skool metal that is. NO MORE SUPPORT FROM MTV. BRING BACK HEADBANGER'S BALL

Its mtv and the radio stations......in europe Trance,House,Metal,Hardcore, and punk is huge....... not in this country it is mostly underground... Mtv and radio networks wont take a chance on new stuff.....im actually glad its underground

Originally posted by sdeelite

How bout this?

This thread keeps going and going like the energizer bunny.

Enough is enough, let's put a stop to the madness please.

Everyone has their opinion, everyone likes different types of music, some genres are more popular mainstream wise than others for a list of reasons.

THE END.

:blank:

Apparently no one is paying attention to us.. :blank: