Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SOUNDFACTORY..fri.. are back!!!!!!

SF fridays has been packed the last couple of months with the Sean John Fridays Hip Hop party. It must've done at least 2500 ppl every night and the bar must OD b\c everyone was getting their drink on. "Alize & Henny makes Thug Passion, son." Everyone was drinking, the crowd was moving, there were some pretty good looking ethnic girls there.

I could never get any of my black friends to go to SF on sats\sun or even back when i was throwing the friday 18+ party but they all flocked to factory these last couple months.

Also, contrary to popular knowledge, there were never any fights at this hip hop party...I seen more fights from steroidal tough guys and bitchy wannabe divas at non hip hop parties.

I dont know what the point of cancelling that hip hop party was. Yes, the brothas and the mamis looked at me like I had 3 eyes or that i was some chinese delivery man gone alost...but alas, I was with 15 of my homies so I had a good time.

Originally posted by luiskain

SF fridays has been packed the last couple of months with the Sean John Fridays Hip Hop party. It must've done at least 2500 ppl every night and the bar must OD b\c everyone was getting their drink on. "Alize & Henny makes Thug Passion, son." Everyone was drinking, the crowd was moving, there were some pretty good looking ethnic girls there.

I could never get any of my black friends to go to SF on sats\sun or even back when i was throwing the friday 18+ party but they all flocked to factory these last couple months.

Also, contrary to popular knowledge, there were never any fights at this hip hop party...I seen more fights from steroidal tough guys and bitchy wannabe divas at non hip hop parties.

I dont know what the point of cancelling that hip hop party was. Yes, the brothas and the mamis looked at me like I had 3 eyes or that i was some chinese delivery man gone alost...but alas, I was with 15 of my homies so I had a good time.

haha right on

And if you think about why would the owner give up that party where EVERYONE is drinking and not causeing fights to the juiced up K'd out kids that used to go to SF fridays and really couldnt even pack the place out fully last year. Just a thought

Originally posted by mattm2o

SECURITY PROBLEMS

exactly-- i got nothing against hip hop parties and I've spun at the WORST most GHETTO places-- I've seen things u couldnt imagine and i will say that house events with juiceheads all pumped up will never cause more fights than hip hop parties b/c of 2 words...

Juiceheads will fight till their sober but hip hop heads--like Nas sez

THEY SHOOOOOOT.........

and thats not some stupid ignorant generalization b/c I seen it time and time again

Mike Bugout

Originally posted by mattm2o

SECURITY PROBLEMS

I'm gonna go out on a hunch here, but I'm pretty sure it was NOT bc of security problems. Matter of fact, I'm pretty certain I know why the hip hop party was cancelled and it wasn't bc of security.

I always joked with all of the staff at factory about fridays being thug night and they told me they've never even had a problem with any major fights. The search was pretty tight though, (unlike the relaxed tapping of sat\sun) and i heard they never turned up any weapons.

And as for shooting and stabbing, didn't Metropolis shut down bc of a stabbing death by this kid named Gambino? Didn't Cheetah on a saturday (cherchez la femme, a non hip hop party) get a shooting and the guy was killed? Doesn't Popagallos in astoria get a shooting every year? Or what's the last time someone OD'd at a hip hop party?

Here's a note of interest though...did you know that insurance is much higher for a hip hop party than any other sort of parties?

Drive past SF on a Friday night and that place is packed. There are always a ton of nice cars outside, pretty big line too.

If they're worried about someone getting shot, why not just use metal detectors like Roxy? I guess that doesn't eliminate what could go on outside, but it pretty much makes sure that nothing crazy will go down inside the club.

Originally posted by danwilson

luiskain, I cant believe SF was getting 2500 people on Friday. If they were getting that many people, why would they cancel it.

danwilson, believe it. Mainfloor was elbow to elbow, same with catwalk area, upstairs area, basement, and the VIP 4th floor where u had to buy bottles to get into. And even the 4th floor was jiggy

HEY yoooo, MORONS, it was NOT security, THE FRIDAY PARTy was cancelled b/c IT WAS DOING SOOOOO HORRIBLY--- I DUNNO WHERE U GOT 2500 PPLE FROM, NOR HOT CARS OR A LONG LINE, THE FRIDAY PARTY WAS CUTT MONTHS AGO :laugh:--- no one went, the place was dead empty--- thats it, no hidden reason behind it, my friend works there if u were gonna question my source:cool:

yo, peoples take it from luis he knows factory fridays and also i've seen the hip hop thing there --its always packed..but whats the new party gonna be like????they should round up the old prommotors from a couple years ago (luis i believe u did that party) and throw a similar party--those were good parties/time---nothing in the city going on anymore that is really good like that was--remember the cancun reunion party???remember allthose friday night theme paries at factory??? all they have to do is ID harder at the door at factory on saturday and a friday party would do great!!!--think about it--if the 18-21 can get in on saturday after 4 am why would they even think about going on friday???thats why i went on fridays!! i wish they would do that so that factory saturdays wont be a playground with underagers and non- professional partiers roaming around!!! i cant stand that so i stopped going and i miss it!

ID harder at the door at factory on saturday and a friday party would do great!!!--think about it--if the 18-21 can get in on saturday after 4 am why would they even think about going on friday???thats why i went on fridays!! i wish they would do that so that factory saturdays wont be a playground with underagers and non- professional partiers roaming around!!!

OK GUY! Non-Professional Partiers cause they arent 21?? Dude, i never argue or fight on these messageboards (EVER) cause its retarded but i will point out a ridiculous comment.

I guess you never saw the 40 something year old couple on the floor upstairs massaging each-other (they looked ridiculous), how about the G'd out idiot upstairs running around the damn place yelling YO! YOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YO!. He was late 20's. How about the guy 2 weeks ago that collapsed on the Balcony, his name was anthony I believe, he was 24.

They dont need to ID Harder, they need to use more Judgement. Some of these people get in with sweat pants and shit on. Its absurd. If you wanna work out go to the GYM, at least get alittle dressed up for God Sakes.

I know more "Professonial Parties" Who arent yet 21. Its about the age of the person, its why they go to Factory. Yes, its a Drug-Playground. But for us who have been there sober and enjoyed ourselves its more than that. THe Music, the lights, and just the Vibe that you get in Factory. When JP Stops everything to Drop a SIIIIIIIIIIICK Track, the feeling of connection between yourself, the DJ, and the rest of the Crowd. Thats what factory is al aout

Originally posted by trippinkittyk

HEY yoooo, MORONS, it was NOT security, THE FRIDAY PARTy was cancelled b/c IT WAS DOING SOOOOO HORRIBLY--- I DUNNO WHERE U GOT 2500 PPLE FROM, NOR HOT CARS OR A LONG LINE, THE FRIDAY PARTY WAS CUTT MONTHS AGO :laugh:--- no one went, the place was dead empty--- thats it, no hidden reason behind it, my friend works there if u were gonna question my source:cool:

Your from Jersey....what do you know? and whoooo are you:confused: :rolleyes::laugh: